Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Rellable Car & Driver Available

Themook,

I will see Alex in 3 weeks and I'll let him know that a couple of guys are not happy with his service. Only way a business can improve if it gets feedback and acts on it.

Sorry that Your experience didn't live up to my reccomendation.

22 days untill I'm reloaded into the Thai illusion. I think I'll take the blue pill.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have just booked alex for my ride from bangkok to pattaya as he sounds good , have i been wise to do so since i see that nobody else has posted anyting about him since september , any feed back welcome.cheers guys

I used Alex early in October. He was on time. I plan on using him when I come back for 2 months next January.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i was met at the airport , but not by alex , the young thai lad could not speak any english and on the way from airpot to pattaya he kept on sniffing something from a bottle !!!! i will just use a normal taxi on my next holiday from the booth .

redevilgak,

Due to the heavy air pollution in BKK many people use nasal inhaler.

Did the driver drive safely? Any problem finding your hotel in Pattaya? Was the car clean? Any hassle with the price? This is the high season and Alex can't be in two places at once. One time Alex did send this guy and I had no problem with him.

27 days until I use Alex services.

well the car was okish an old honda , and it wasnt an inhaler but some liquid in a little perfume bottle if he wasnt sniffing he was using the phone , his driving was ok , the only thing i was pissed about was the fact that i was expecting a good english speaking driver so i could have a chat on the way down here, but alas no english .

hope you haev fun when you come out.

• 4 weeks later...

I used Alex service on 7 January. He sent his other driver who was waiting for me at the airport. Nice guy, clean newish honda speaks ok english.

FWIW, my buddy who had used Alex on two previous trips and was happy with the service decieded to get a taxi at the airport. He spent 2 hours trying to find his hotel. I think he will use Alex next time. ;D

FWIW, my buddy who had used Alex on two previous trips and was happy with the service decieded to get a taxi at the airport. He spent 2 hours trying to find his hotel. I think he will use Alex next time. ;D

Sounds like your friend had the same driver as me in November. This guy couldn't read a simple map! Fortunately, I knew where the hotel was and after he had driven past South Pattaya Road on Sukhumvit Road, I eventually had to get him to do a U turn! Otherwise, I hate to think when I would have reached the hotel.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

So anymore reviews of Alex?

I may need a driver next month. OTOH,  I may just book one from my hotel in BKK. Anyone know what are the going rates ?

Khrongfa Pattaya Centre Tours & Transport

khrongfa@ego.co.th

Tel: +6638 716528, +6638 423067, +6638 716440, +661 5756754, +661 6946139

Fax: +6638 716528

Pick up from Don Muang; 1000 baht for taxi

1300 baht for VIP

1400 baht for a minibus

Toll charges not included.

Visa, Amex and Mastercard accepted

• 1 month later...

Guy asked about ride to Pattaya in another thread.

Much obliged, Big D.  There seems to be no sure-fire answer so I'll have to choose one service to book by Email and be prepared to operate the back-up plan of the regular taxi service outside the terminal.

17 days and counting!

Baz

• 4 weeks later...
I used khrongfa twice last trip during november. First time OK for my pick up from BKK to pattaya. 2nd time was to pick up a friend coming from HK, where the driver showed up with his wife and screaming baby, drove like a maniac, and got lost.  My friend was truly miserable, understandably.  This was for the more expensive minivan so my friend would be more comfortable.

I would recommend giving this guy a skip.

You would condemn a whole company because one of it's drivers had his wife and baby aboard?

What are you thinking? Do you think the company even knew about this? This is Thailand!

Sheesh B)

If you want guaranteed top class service, try; Image Limousine Twice the price though.

Well a few posts have put me off the wonderful Alex...

So what is a good serice from BKK to Pattaya. I would prefer a limo after the long haul. Other recommendations and prices.

So what is wrong with Thai limos these days? :eyecrazy

jacko,

Nothing wrong with Thai Limo if you don't mind their price increase from 1500 to what others have posted of 4000. I used the khrongfa services this past February for 1000 baht and had no problems. Driver waiting for me when I arrived in a clean late model vehicle.

Emil

I thought I would try Alex. I sent him an e-mail in early February regarding a trip I was making to LOS at the end of February. He never responded. :crying :D I used my back-up plan and regular driver, Chaisit. Chaisit has not let me down yet. Good English, decent car. 1200 baht all in including tolls. :D

+661 864-1693. He answers SMS quickly. I always send him a reminder the day before I arrive.

I thought I would try Alex. I sent him an e-mail in early February regarding a trip I was making to LOS at the end of February. He never responded.  :crying  :D  I used my back-up plan and regular driver, Chaisit. Chaisit has not let me down yet. Good English, decent car. 1200 baht all in including tolls.  :D

+661 864-1693. He answers SMS quickly. I always send him a reminder the day before I arrive.

Sammy.

I think you may have had the wrong email address here is the right one for Alex.

tbsinfo@ksc.th.com

My last 2 trips Sept-04 and April-04 I used Alex for my transports. This is only a update on his service.

My last 4 transports Alex only transported me once, all the other transports were from his employees or contract drivers? No big deal, but just to let everyone know that he does use other drivers.

The only other item I like to bring up is to verify that all toll charges are included with the fare and that the driver will be using the new toll road. At present, the current toll fare is slightly under 200b

Currrent Prices:

Airport to Bkk = 700b

Bkk to Pattaya = 1500b to 1800b depending on the vehicle used

Airport to Pattaya = 1500b Honda or Volvo, 1800b-MiniVan if requested. The Volvo gives the best ride and comfort.

BobSJ

jacko,

Nothing wrong with Thai Limo if you don't mind their price increase from 1500 to what others have posted of 4000.  I used the khrongfa services this past February for 1000 baht and had no problems.  Driver waiting for me when I arrived in a clean late model vehicle.

Emil

Well actually I do mind...4000 baht is a blatant rip off.

I was looking for something I can just get at the airport on arrival, last time I arrived at the domestic terminal I booked at one of the tourist desks and got a great car and fast service for 2000...although the hotel they booked me was crap. 2guns

emailed Alex and got a reply the next day. I asked him to take me to Korat (airport is closed - last time I checked) - need to go there to play with the Army for Cobra Gold. ALex quoted me a price of 2500 Baht. No problem as I will get reimbursed. Will let you all know the results of the trip. (29 April)

Reply received today:

Sent : Thursday, April 22, 2004 2:18 PM

Dear sir,

Thank you for your email, I would like to confirm your trip on 1/5/04

pick you up from the airport to Pattaya,Please let me know for detail

flight and which car,how many person,baggage

- private car = 1000- ( mitsubishi ,toyota )

- limousine car = 1300- ( volvo ,merzedes benz, honda stream )

Best Regards,

Ms.Arunee

I will try this lot next week and report back. They seem too good to be true so they probably are!!