Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Any avocados in Pattaya or Thailand?

Friendship and Macro also both have them. Two kinds, Thai grown and imported, they are expensive though. If you get them by the case they are still around 80+baht each

Thanks cbrib. Yes that is what I. thought if available they would be expensive. Also if they were or could be grown in Thailand. The Hass derivitive are the best(and have had many off-shoots hybrid from them). I was thinking if they were for sale at any of the night markets they would be much cheaper.???

I have purchased Avacodos from roadside stands Northwest(?) of Loei (where they grow strawberries/grapes). The Avocados much larger than Hass, so my expectations where low (thinking flavorless Gator Avocados). To my surprise the flavor and texture was close to the Hass variety. We bought several bags (forgot what we paid) and made a very tasty Guacamole.

Thanks cbrib. Yes that is what I. thought if available they would be expensive. Also if they were or could be grown in Thailand. The Hass derivitive are the best(and have had many off-shoots hybrid from them). I was thinking if they were for sale at any of the night markets they would be much cheaper.???

I believe they are grown in the Korat (Pak Chong)and Nan areas, both hilly.

I tried to grow a tree from a stone in my garden... it got to sapling size and no more.

• 1 year later...

I'm going to have some REAL guacamole at a restaurant tonight.  Not that I'm a massive fan of avocado , but Pattaya Talk is very influential......

On 7/8/2019 at 9:03 PM, edsmithy said:

The Thai ones in Pattaya tend to be rather low in quality and taste.  Imported ones are 80 baht a pop, but if you want an avocado taste it tends to be the only option.

I'm just checking the jar of EL TEQUITO (Lidl) that I have at home.... 0.7% avocado powder.... that should do it for the taste! 

EL taquito.JPG

This is a label of El Tequito for Belgium, found on the internet.  3.7%, an improvement - I double checked and mine (France) has ONLY the powder.... Could be different ingredients for each country.  NUTELLA is different depending on where you buy it... (true).

Tequito label.JPG

Other dips not "Guacamole STYLE" with more avocado powder or the real thing are probably available in Pattaya - OPTION 2.

Avocados are kind of like good beef steaks. I like them but I can easily do without them. I refuse to pay the price for them here because they are definitely inferior  to what I had in the US.

As a side comment. For whatever reason the price of avocado's went crazy here a couple of months ago. We grow them locally but first class was as high as $10 each, approx 200 baht. Now down to a quarter of that but beware of the Chinese middle classes who are flexing their economic muscles.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

I remember during my most recent trip to the U.S. I got five Haas avocados for $3.00.  Must have been a bumper harvest.  Now the price is about $1.00 each.

I guess these guys weren't happy with the avocados on sale.

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
On 9/4/2019 at 2:53 AM, RhinoTusk said:

Today I had an avocado burger from Teddy's Burger in Bangkok and it was a tasty burgerIMG_20190904_135713.jpg

WOW Rhino that burger looks absolutely mouth watering. Do you recall how much it costs? Thank you in advance.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:33 PM, Lantern said:

At the moment here we are in an Avocado glut. They are everywhere. They grow well here in Northern NSW.

Been eating free ones for weeks. 

You are a lucky guy Lantern. Do you happen to know if they are the "Hass" type? I guess they will be making their way south imanintly to all the markets in Bangkok and Pattaya...??

8 hours ago, chippendalesam said:

I guess they will be making their way south imanintly to all the markets in Bangkok and Pattaya...??

What? 

I thought he meant New South Wales. 

Edited by jacko