Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hungry? Try a 14-Patty Burger

This may not be the best burger in town, but it is probably the biggest: 14 beef patties, 14 slices each of bacon and cheese and five bun halves.

36520151_197427090973128_858332023928494

The pic is from M.C.Burger's Web site. The giant burger is part of a food challenge- you have to eat the burger as well as one order each of French fries, curly fries and onion rings in 45 minutes. Down it all and you win 1,000 baht plus a custom T-shirt. Fail and it costs you 1,000 baht.

I did a review of M.C. Burger in the "Under 300 Baht..." thread, so I won't repeat it here.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I suppose any football team could easily win this challenge... :rolleyes:

BTW, how many calories ? :unsure:

Hard to say, but at least 7,000 for the burger and 8,500 for the challenge meal including the two orders of fries and an order of onion rings.

A double bacon cheeseburger at McD's has 1,130 calories (link),

Doubleb.JPG

so 2.5 times that would be 2,825. Add the calories from the extra patties and slices of bacon and cheese and we're up to 7,000. A large order of fries or onion rings has about 500 calories each, so it increases to about 8,500 for the meal. The recommended daily intake of calories for males is 2,000.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Upvote 1

Calories would be a minor concern if I tried to eat that.

I can imagine it would have a very frightening effect on cholesterol levels. I just wonder how many people would even attempt it, much less finish it. Maybe this guy:

I can imagine it would have a very frightening effect on cholesterol levels. I just wonder how many people would even attempt it, much less finish it. Maybe this guy:

https://youtu.be/KQ0uDYdpHfs

I was thinking of the plumber's bill.

I was thinking of the plumber's bill.

If it gets that far...

Who would subject themselves to this just to win Bt1000 and a t-shirt?? Eat that and you're unable to move for, at least, 12 hours. I'd feel like shit for 24, or more, hours. The t-shirt wouldn't make up for it. I'd still feel like an idiot.

It always amazes me how much a human being is prepared to stuff that amount of food into there face to win a challenge and win a few quid on the side , it's utterly disgusting .

I tend to agree, any of these speed or quantity eating contests, be it pizza, hot-dogs, water-melon, pies etc etc are revolting.

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 1