Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Came back from Suvarnabhumi on Sunday with the Limo Pattaya. The driver told me the police now have speeding cameras. Drive faster than 120kph and they send you a ticket to pay a fine.

They have been using speed cameras for a couple of years. A friend of mine has been complaining about it for a while. They are usually on the Pattaya - BKK freeway. I have heard the police are taking them further afield too.

The owner of the vehicle gets the fine in the mail, I assume they have an opportunity to identify the driver if they are not at the wheel. The lack of plates on many motorcycles is one way around the issue.

There is some talk of not letting vehicle not being allowed to renew the registration if there are outstanding fines. This would require the police and the transport department to talk to each other, but as there is money involved I'm sure they will work something out.

They have been using speed cameras for a couple of years. A friend of mine has been complaining about it for a while. They are usually on the Pattaya - BKK freeway. I have heard the police are taking them further afield too.

The owner of the vehicle gets the fine in the mail, I assume they have an opportunity to identify the driver if they are not at the wheel. The lack of plates on many motorcycles is one way around the issue.

There is some talk of not letting vehicle not being allowed to renew the registration if there are outstanding fines. This would require the police and the transport department to talk to each other, but as there is money involved I'm sure they will work something out.

Motorcycles aren't supposed to be on there if you mean the motorway.

In America in areas where they use photo radar to catch speeders, people sometimes use a special cover for their license plates. The cover is made of a plastic that allows the license plate to be read straight on, but an an off-angle, the plate appears to be opaque. Without a good picture of the license plate, the police are unable to identify the owner of the vehicle. Anyway, as part of the photo process, they also attempt to snap a photo of the driver as the car passes, as they can only assess the driver with speeding, not the owner. To further complicate matters, in one state that I'm aware of, people were simply throwing the tickets in the trash when received and so cities were forced to send out process servers to personally serve the tickets.

Edited by js007

Came back from Suvarnabhumi on Sunday with the Limo Pattaya. The driver told me the police now have speeding cameras. Drive faster than 120kph and they send you a ticket to pay a fine.

You could call me a bit of an expert on the matter or a bloody idiot whatever.

In November took the car on another road trip up to Vientiane in Laos and then Chiang Rai/Golden Triangle/Chiang Mai and stopped off at a number of other places on route.

Just a note that I have a heavy right foot on the gas.

Speeding tickets started to arrive a day or two after I got back to my house.

One on the way up from Korat to Udon Thani on the 11th Nov and four on the road back from Sukhothai to Bangkok within a 2-hour period.

11th Nov Time 12:22 Speed 120km/hr

25th Nov Time 08:47 Speed 144km/hr

25th Nov Time 09:22 Speed 128km/hr

25th Nov Time 0930 Speed 129km/hr arrived in post 20th Feb 2018 that is 3-months later

25th Nov Time 09:51 Speed 128km/hr

These were paid at the Krungthai Bank (Pattaya Klang) 500 baht + 20 baht charge. Take your Passport.

They have a bar code and can be scanned.

All in all the road trip cost me an extra 2600 baht.

• Upvote 1

These roads are restricted to 90 kph so the tickets you received were for exceeding the limit by 33% or more.

Here in Roiet, in addition to the speed cameras they also have traffic light cameras to catch you jumping the lights and lane control cameras to catch people cutting in from the wrong lane.

It is strange when visiting other cities where red-light jumping and lane changing is still rampant.

You could call me a bit of an expert on the matter or a bloody idiot whatever.

In November took the car on another road trip up to Vientiane in Laos and then Chiang Rai/Golden Triangle/Chiang Mai and stopped off at a number of other places on route.

Just a note that I have a heavy right foot on the gas.

Speeding tickets started to arrive a day or two after I got back to my house.

One on the way up from Korat to Udon Thani on the 11th Nov and four on the road back from Sukhothai to Bangkok within a 2-hour period.

11th Nov Time 12:22 Speed 120km/hr

25th Nov Time 08:47 Speed 144km/hr

25th Nov Time 09:22 Speed 128km/hr

25th Nov Time 0930 Speed 129km/hr arrived in post 20th Feb 2018 that is 3-months later

25th Nov Time 09:51 Speed 128km/hr

These were paid at the Krungthai Bank (Pattaya Klang) 500 baht + 20 baht charge. Take your Passport.

They have a bar code and can be scanned.

All in all the road trip cost me an extra 2600 baht.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using Tapatalk Edited by Severn