Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Good report Evil. This place is constantly renewing itself as it never took off. This has caused a lot of places to close within months of opening. I do recommend the Thanya Bar for a comfortable seat, reasonably priced drinks and a great band doing the rock classics. I also wonder about the long term plan and note that the new bars in Made in Thailand back onto the project. One thing I do know and that is that the area used to be a rat infested wasteland before they tried to make something of the area.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

All of those buildings are easily removable by design. I'm sure the land owner is just waiting for a good offer from a hotel chain.

• Upvote 1

All of those buildings are easily removable by design. I'm sure the land owner is just waiting for a good offer from a hotel chain.

AAWW, that's spoilt it for me

21557889_1685043724839691_1584435351467564018_n.jpg

The only two businesses in Tree Town that ever seem to have customers are the beer garden ...

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0045a.jpg

and the cocktail van.

IMG_0071a.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Evil
:devil

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the great report EP. I'll surely give it a look.

I'm looking forward to being in town in a few months time.

What about the the beer bars further south on Soi Bukhao? in the complex behind Rehab Agogo and on Action Street are they doing much trade as they always seemed to very quiet when I passed?

What about the the beer bars further south on Soi Bukhao? in the complex behind Rehab Agogo and on Action Street are they doing much trade as they always seemed to very quiet when I passed?

I took a look at this complex a few weeks ago. The entrance is even more obscured than before as there is a taxi kiosk in front of the steps. There are only two bars open, on the left hand side. These bars are pretty much opposite the entrance to the Blue Ocean Hotel and appeared to get some business from hotel guests.

It's a shame this complex didn't take off, I liked the bars in there and it had potential. The problem was that most people driving, or even walking past, wouldn't know it was there.

There are more bars open on Action Street but not a lot of action, It can't help that the first bar on the right is full of ladybugs and the bars opposite only have a few, not particularly attractive, girls.

Edited by tallguy
  • Upvote 1

any one knows what thanya club is all about?

just seen its fb page . looks like a band performing club with mostly thais in it

correct me if wrong..

Edited by kratos

any one knows what thanya club is all about?

just seen its fb page . looks like a band performing club with mostly thais in it

correct me if wrong..

Yes it is simply a bar/restaurant. It fronts onto Soi Buakhao. The outdoor seating is very comfortable colonial cane. It is dead! Almost no customers. It sells all beers all night for 85 baht. The band is very good and plays mainly rock. Poor bugger belt it out all night for the flies. All the foregoing was correct 5/6 weeks ago and unless the place has closed or the band buggered off it will be the same now. One other thing is that it shares a communal toilet that requires you to walk around the building block. I had someone follow me to make sure that I didn't leave owing my 85 baht! If you simply want to see the night people pass down Soi Buakhao then this is a good place but you will be drinking alone.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes it is simply a bar/restaurant. It fronts onto Soi Buakhao. The outdoor seating is very comfortable colonial cane. It is dead! Almost no customers. It sells all beers all night for 85 baht. The band is very good and plays mainly rock. Poor bugger belt it out all night for the flies. All the foregoing was correct 5/6 weeks ago and unless the place has closed or the band buggered off it will be the same now. One other thing is that it shares a communal toilet that requires you to walk around the building block. I had someone follow me to make sure that I didn't leave owing my 85 baht! If you simply want to see the night people pass down Soi Buakhao then this is a good place but you will be drinking alone.

No ladies then?

I think this whole place was built in the last year. 2nd Rd Soi 10 used to be a dead end. If hotels continue to push the sexy time scene Eastward I see this as a mongering growth area. The soi directly north added a ton of new bars in the last year so it has already begun.

Agree with everything you wrote. When it first opened it attracted far more customers, and had more ladies available for take out. Not sure why the custom has fallen off. Prices are inline for bars offering live music, and as you stated, the band is very good.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1

It's a shame. I haven't been there and was looking forward to a visit next April (with my Thai missus) but wonder if it will still exist. I guess TIT....

Good report Evil. This place is constantly renewing itself as it never took off. This has caused a lot of places to close within months of opening. I do recommend the Thanya Bar for a comfortable seat, reasonably priced drinks and a great band doing the rock classics. I also wonder about the long term plan and note that the new bars in Made in Thailand back onto the project. One thing I do know and that is that the area used to be a rat infested wasteland before they tried to make something of the area.

Is it possible to get into soi MiT through those bars from Tree Town?

Is it possible to get into soi MiT through those bars from Tree Town?

The new bars at the top end of MIT back onto Treetown. I was wondering if this was part of the plan that these bars would eventually become part of the development.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/29/2018 at 10:36 PM, python said:

Had a walk to Action Street just the other night around 9:30 not a solitary customer in sight, can't see that place being there much longer. 

• Like 2

Not sure how to put this but there is a massive erection going on in Tree Town. It could be a covered bar area but I have no idea what. Also some new bars have opened at the second road end this joins up the main road in Tree Town with Soi Made in Thailand. Seems like for each bar that closes one opens.

• Like 1

Certain areas were busy last trip (May), mostly on the Bukhao end. I really can't see how the bars will make any money in that area. The busiest bars were the open air ones serving cocktails from a van iirc.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a good time in this area on my recent trip.

I played pool at the Matador while my lady sang Isaan songs with the band.

Met a wonderful woman late one night, she was having a catch up with friends after work. I wont call her a freelancer as she was not out looking for a customer.

Jim introduced me to a great woman who runs one of the bars on the north side. Had a great night playing pool, chatting and considering possibilities that were never going to happen due to the circumstances.

Was in LKM last night. Everywhere busy. Will wander up to tree town next time.  Thanks EP.  My brother is visiting for 3 weeks , he likes a game of pool , i like bands so nice to try something different from LK and WS.  As an aside im parking him at the Pasadena lodge, quoting 500 baht a night for a 3 week stay. No pool but clean rooms , friendly staff. If he wants a pool il try for the 800 baht rooms at the Areca.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:06 PM, Butch said:

Certain areas were busy last trip (May), mostly on the Bukhao end. I really can't see how the bars will make any money in that area. The busiest bars were the open air ones serving cocktails from a van iirc.

It is difficult to do the laundry in a van. If I am ever out at night I will go there rather than an empty bar anyway .....