Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

On 8/6/2018 at 11:58 PM, teelack said:

I had someone follow me to make sure that I didn't leave owing my 85 baht! 

Guess if you were one of their few customers they didn't want to see their  85 baht high tailing it down the Soi.

Guess if you were one of their few customers they didn't want to see their  85 baht high tailing it down the Soi.
Correct but it's demeaning for both the pissee and the pursuer. Anyway Thanya is a shell now that is gradually being vandalised. It is a real mystery how anyone makes a buck here.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

It is difficult to do the laundry in a van. If I am ever out at night I will go there rather than an empty bar anyway .....

They're quite pleasant places to sit down and relax actually, as long as you don't mind drinking "poncy" cocktails like me lol.

4 hours ago, Butch said:

They're quite pleasant places to sit down and relax actually, as long as you don't mind drinking "poncy" cocktails like me lol.

About 5 or 6 years ago a mate and myself decided to do a bar crawl of the Volkswagen combo bars. He drank Pina Coladas and I drank Margaritas. We had a jug of each at each stop, drinking from the jugs. As the vans were generally quite a way apart, and we were walking, we stayed pretty sober. We were lucky that another site gave us a map of where the vans were, and it proved pretty accurate. An enjoyable evening on the "poncy" cocktails.

10 hours ago, teelack said:

Correct but it's demeaning for both the pissee and the pursuer. Anyway Thanya is a shell now that is gradually being vandalised. It is a real mystery how anyone makes a buck here.

It's a shame Thanya Club didn't survive. Had one of the best bands in the area. I see a few of the band members are now playing at Nonnoi Bar at the rear of Tree Town.

3 hours ago, barsie said:

Heard someone actually sold their bar for a profit!!! I doubt truth of it

In 2008 I acquired a bar on New Plaza, redecorated it and 3 months later sold it on for a profit. It can be done.

• Like 1
It's a shame Thanya Club didn't survive. Had one of the best bands in the area. I see a few of the band members are now playing at Nonnoi Bar at the rear of Tree Town.
Yes indeed. I would sit outside and play pool but occasionally I would pop inside just to let the band know that someone was listening to the music. They were good and I miss the place. It is a big space and hope that it will be filled soon.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TheFiend said:

In 2008 I acquired a bar on New Plaza, redecorated it and 3 months later sold it on for a profit. It can be done.

It was worth more with you sitting in it!

• Haha 1
  • 1 year later...
13 hours ago, Regyai said:

Not another one

Where were the others?

I must admit that I don't go into Tree Town so I apologize in advance if there are/were others in there. If they were as you describe then no surprise.

Have you tried the ones in Jomtien?