Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Craft Cottage on Soi Diana- LKMetro

Hum, 2 for 1? I thought if you buy one you get the second free? Menu says buy 2, get 1 free.

That's right, I made a mistake. It's 3 for 2.

I have to say, though, that Craft Cottage should be avoided. According to a post on another board from a member I've met IRL, he was hassled over a bad glass of wine his companion ordered. The restaurant refused to replace it, so he wanted it taken off the bill. He was confronted by two men and even though he had been polite, the situation got threatening. He paid up, but will never return.

Neither will I.

Evil

:devil

Edited by Evil Penevil

I too have run into the problem where bars refuse to change an off beer or even a chipped bottle. I wonder if this is also about losing face? I have now accepted the fact that if a draft ale is off then I just walk away but try to not leave a tip. One other problem that this mail has thrown up is that it also casts doubt on eating at Lee's which I assume has some skin in the game.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

I too have run into the problem where bars refuse to change an off beer or even a chipped bottle. I wonder if this is also about losing face? I have now accepted the fact that if a draft ale is off then I just walk away but try to not leave a tip. One other problem that this mail has thrown up is that it also casts doubt on eating at Lee's which I assume has some skin in the game.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

In some bars and restaurants, if food or a drink has been given to a customer, a manager/owner must approve the replacement or the cost is deducted from the waiter or waitress' salary. I have run into that situation several times. That's also the reason I didn't argue harder with the waitress over the 30-baht mistake on my bill. The chances of winning are small and even if you do win, it doesn't seem like much of a victory.

However, if enforcers are involved, that says to me they acting on behalf of the management and it's impossible to win. The term clip joint comes to mind.

I have no idea if there is any ownership connection between Craft Cottage and Lee's. It could just be a business arrangement under which the food is prepared at Lee's. I read on another board that the owner of Craft Cottage is the son of the landlord.

Evil

Too bad as I'm a fan of craft beer. They have some nice craft beers at Tim's on Second Road. Guess I won't be trying the ones at Craft House -- or at Lee's Diner.

Too bad as I'm a fan of craft beer. They have some nice craft beers at Tim's on Second Road. Guess I won't be trying the ones at Craft House -- or at Lee's Diner.

Yes agreed, not a fan of places that have confrontational attitude to complaints, (you catch more flies with honey than vinegar).