Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

It has been a while since I stayed on or near LK Metro and things have changed so much and mostly for the noisier I would think. I prefer that area.

The LK hotels are out. I stayed at the Pasadena once and it was quiet but I was in a back room. Mixed reviews on other places on LK Metro and I suspect all are very noisy. I have stayed twice at the Areca and it was not too bad but should I go for 3 weeks it is a bit more expensive than I might want but certainly a possibility.

I am curious about hotels and other lodging across second road on soi 13 13/1 13/2 - soi 13/3 seeems a bit farther than I like as I walk a lot to and from my drinking.

The Hideaway around the corner on soi Buakhao 15 looks interesting. Their photos did not show any drawers to unpack into. A small issue.

The Mercure is close. It seems to get mixed reviews.

I would appreciate your thoughts.

I want comfortable mattress, quiet if I sleep early...I won't be out late evry night. Girl friendly is a must, even if they need ID like the Areca.

Edited by midlifecrisis

Yo may check out the Adelphi. It should be 5-10 min walking to LK. I have stayed there last year and it`s good value for the money. Low season price should be around 35$ per night.

Link to Agoda: https://www.agoda.com/adelphi-pattaya-hotel/hotel/pattaya-th.html?checkin=2018-08-17&los=14&adults=2&rooms=1&searchrequestid=6ddbc991-bb62-4268-ae52-0ac03bded20a&tabbed=true

just stayed at sutus court hotel on soi Buakhoa less than a five minute walk from lk metro good size room and king size bed maid service every day fresh towels every day nice swimming pool and jacuzzi if you book sutus court block one is best ask for a room facing the pool can recommend this hotel restaurant is good too 24/7 Ian Girl friendly as well never once asked for id

Edited by martini9946

Scrub the Mercure, they allow small dogs which aggravates me, and is also subjected to coachloads of Indians.

The pool, while having been upgraded, has been hemmed in by large condo buildings and feels claustrophobic and in need of a breeze.

Scrub the Mercure, they allow small dogs which aggravates me, and is also subjected to coachloads of Indians.

The pool, while having been upgraded, has been hemmed in by large condo buildings and feels claustrophobic and in need of a breeze.

Thanks for adding to my knowledge. It was not high on my list by any stretch and is now removed.

:chogdee

Hi,

I like to stay a bit away from the action areas I am going to frequent. Bit like not shagging the neighbours wife.

There are dozens of of hotels and boarding places in the area. Just book one night somewhere in the area and then have a walk down the street and poke your nose into areas and places that look interesting to you and in the area that you want. It's worth the effort and you might find the perfect place to stay. I did this 5 years ago and it worked for me.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

There are dozens of of hotels and boarding places in the area. Just book one night somewhere in the area and then have a walk down the street and poke your nose into areas and places that look interesting to you and in the area that you want. It's worth the effort and you might find the perfect place to stay. I did this 5 years ago and it worked for me.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Well not being there I used street view and cruised up and down every soi and main road possible in the area(s) I might consider. I would see something and google it. When I get there, say in high season, it is typically too late, I should think, to do as you suggest.

Last year we stayed a couple of nights over Songkran in Nature View hotel on Soi Buakhow. It was a quite nice hotel for a reasonable price. Only 5 minute walk to LK Metro.

Edited by thegrogmonster