Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Chinese "VIP" tourists get dedicated immigration lines

This is probably an apology for drowning a bunch of them. They may have Chinese speaking agents running those lines to fill out the forms for them.

And how does one know which is which if the rear is 100m from the front?

Chinese lines have spittoons.

I would be surprised if they could constrain them to any selective lines.

I think it's a good idea. If the staff can speak and read Chinese all of us will get through quicker. The amount of time wasted by Chinese who have no idea of what's required and how to fill in forms is enormous at the moment.

The same thing happened when we went to Hawaii a few years ago. It's not just in Thailand

• Upvote 1

What's next??? Dedicated booths for Indians too???

The die is set; takes about 50 dead Indians to get dedicated lines, it would seem. See how I include the weasel words at the end to not get sued?

They may be 1/3 of tourists but they probably take way over 1/2 the time to get through. Ever watch them in line? I was unfortunate enough to hpget stuck behind a plane full one time. They get to the front and then realize they need to fill out the immigration form. At that point they stand there , or just palnt themselves on the floor,and fill out the form...blocking the entire line.

Edited by ttk

They may be 1/3 of tourists but they probably take way over 1/2 the time to get through. Ever watch them in line? I was unfortunate enough to hpget stuck behind a plane full one time. They get to the front and then realize they need to fill out the immigration form. At that point they stand there , or just palnt themselves on the floor,and fill out the form...blocking the entire line.

Might be good for them to have their own lines if it'll keep them out of other lines. Block only Chinese and not the others that have got their papers in order.

It wasn't Chinese but Arabs that got me stuck in a line after 9/11.

The women and kids were moved through quickly but the men were really interrogated. I wish I could have listened in. More women and children were between me and the official. The women seemed to think that their men were being treated unfairly. You could tell from their expreesions and mild exasperation and their conversations with scowls on their faces. Eventually the men got through and the women and kids got through quickly and I got my turn which was a mere formality.

As far as I'm concerned, if they had the manpower, they could segregate all the lines any way they choose.