Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Cebu Pacific Air

Hi

Just a heads up guys, as you're all well aware they are a cheap carrier from the Philippines whom I used this time for a planned 5 day trip to Thailand while the Mrs went to her village.

While the price point is not bad, (I paid php10,270 MNL-BKK-MNL) with 20kg and taxes they did manage to lose my luggage on the inward flight, thus well and truly fucking up my trip for a couple of days.

There is no customer service number for Cebu Pacific in BKK, and the one in Manila is never answered, so if it is customer service you want, probably best book Cathay. Saying that, the plane left on time, it was clean and empty.

IMG_20180723_070030 (Medium).jpg

Bear in mind, you have to pay extra for meal service, seat selection checked in baggage and drinks. i'm a bit surprised they actually run a twin aisle A320 on a route when it has less than 100 pax on it. Coming back was slightly busier.

I will be posting a "what if" topic about baggage in a bit, hopefully it'll help someone.

• Upvote 1

Sorry but I gotta ask, why did you check luggage for a 5 day trip?

With the plane being so empty, you were lucky they didn't cancel the flight.

With the plane being so empty, you were lucky they didn't cancel the flight.

I had to bring over some stuff for a friend (liquids - in fact 2 bottles of Gin) plus some other stuff, and I also needed to return with a resupply of stuff for my mother in law which I wouldn't be allowed to hand carry, otherwise I would have.

I book this route/Airline regularly and never pay more than 4000 baht return with only cabin luggage and no meals

Great value IMO

Keep a lookout for the deals

Interesting! Do you use the Cebu website or some other site? I would like a long weekend there but not paying over the odds to get there and back

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Hi

Just a heads up guys, as you're all well aware they are a cheap carrier from the Philippines whom I used this time for a planned 5 day trip to Thailand while the Mrs went to her village.

While the price point is not bad, (I paid php10,270 MNL-BKK-MNL) with 20kg and taxes they did manage to lose my luggage on the inward flight, thus well and truly fucking up my trip for a couple of days.

There is no customer service number for Cebu Pacific in BKK, and the one in Manila is never answered, so if it is customer service you want, probably best book Cathay. Saying that, the plane left on time, it was clean and empty.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180723_070030 (Medium).jpg

Bear in mind, you have to pay extra for meal service, seat selection checked in baggage and drinks. i'm a bit surprised they actually run a twin aisle A320 on a route when it has less than 100 pax on it. Coming back was slightly busier.

I will be posting a "what if" topic about baggage in a bit, hopefully it'll help someone.

I think you meant A330, not a twin aisle A320.....

I think you meant A330, not a twin aisle A320.....

Lol damn pedant...yep I did ;) :D

Incidentally on this trip I left BKK on the 28th, I was asked for my return flight details from the RP to wherever it was I was going by the desk clerk at BKK, which I found slightly unusual and a bit of a touch that I'd actually remembered to bring them,

Cheapest on the face value is not necessarily the cheapest when you consider all other expenses.
A few years ago I was booking a one way while in Angeles and going to Pattaya.
I did a comparison between three airlines and on the face Cebu was the cheapest by a good bit, but after the other services it came up near the same a Philippine Airlines. Add to that something that resembles real food, an extra free beer if you like, not picky about carryon, and 32" seat pitch vs. 29" on Cebu ... oh and add a cabin crew that respond to a call button after the first cabin service.
While your travel route might be different and Cebu's time schedule has changed it pays to pay attention to ground transportation cost, i.e. bus (when available) vs. private car vs. taxi.
In the comparison that I did Philippine Airlines came out the cheapest, all things considered, see below.

Well this site does apparently not allow uploads from local computer ... strange if you ask me.

Bottom line is that, with ALL ancillary and ground transportation
CEBU: USD 232.38,

Philippines: USD 189.51

THAI: 225.51

If the board will allow me to upload a 27kB file I can post a very detailed comparison.

Edited by MrDK
  • Upvote 1

I could think of several reasons.

OP mentioned liquid that would be one.

Cork screws

From PHL umbrellas are restricted.

Traveling with my carry on bag I exceed the limit before I put in the first pair of socks.

Etc., Etc., Etc.

• Upvote 1