Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 263 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Premier League 18-19

Premier League   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Appy Days, the PL is about to restart and after a great World Cup in Russia we are hoping some team will challenge Citys domination. Liverpool have been backed from 8 to 4/1 already so the scousers are in optimistic mood.
Liverpool have Klopp still in charge and have bought Allison from Roma to strenghten the goalkeeping position. Having got to the CL final last season and most be in an upbeat mood.
Mourinho at Man Utd seems the total reverse. He is in a poor mood and he seems to alienate star players these days. Man Utd have a strong squad but not all of them may be in the mood to play for Jose.
Arsenal have bought in Emery who has had great success in Europe for Sevilla. I think he is a good signing and the players he has signed seem to be good solid team players. Torreira looked good for Uruguay in Russia and is the nearest thing to a star Emery has signed. I expect Arsenal to finish in the top 4.
Spurs have signed no one yet and with the move to a new stadium they will do well to finish top 4.
Chelsea seem to have ownership issues as Russians are not the flavour of the month in England and Abramovich may be looking to sell out his interests. Sarri has a good reputation in Italy for playing attacking football and it will be interesting to see how he does.
Wolves seem to be doing a Sporting Lisbon type of management as they have a top agent and Chinese money behind them Players will be expected to move on for more money after a good show for Wolves. Wolves are 6/5 to finish in the top half of the table.
City, of course look nailed on to do a difficult thing, retain the title. I can't back against them but am not backing them either. Those who backed Liverpool e/w at 8/1 have a great chance of least winning some of the money.
Whoever you support I hope you enjoy the season. Two big teams in the Championship have signed star managers, Leeds have Bielsa who was an influence on Pep and Derby have Lampard, one of the best players of the PL era. It would be nice to see these teams back in the PL.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While Ashley's there they're about as relevant as your native Darlington. I doubt Rafa will be there at the end of the season and can see them flirting with the bottom three.

Vardy's point blank miss at 90:30 cost Leicester a point.   Players I liked and disliked today.   ManU:   Sanchez. A big fat zero. Even late, when they need possession, he turns it over and that

About £18 million, I've heard! ?   KM

Posted Images

A very nice writeup wac.

As long as Salah is heatlthy, Liverpool is a factor.

Spurs are inconsistent but have some good players offensively...midfield was good but not great last year.

I read an article online that Valencia wanted out at ManU. He is the captain, I think. Defense was their strongsuit last year. Paul Pogba had a good World Cup but I read he wants to go to a Spanish team. Jose has a way of wearing out his welcome.

I am curious to see how Arsenal does. Certainly they were hampered by a system and manager while having a lot of talent. They need to be committed to defense.

City is very good. They are the class of the table. I hope Aguero is healthy. I picked on my fantasy team over Kane. City hass Jesus too. I hope he doesn't steal too many minutes from Aguero.

Chelsea could be decent but a couple of guys have really to come up big...Hazard and Morata but I think they will be like last year. Hazard was very good but nowhere near as good as Chelsea needs him to be. Not all his fault of course.

Happy for Fulham to be back. A decade or more ago when I was introduced to the EPL through this board, Fulham was halfway decent. Now they seeem to be stuck between tables.

How will Burnley, Everton and Leicester City do?

Who will be relegated?

I love it that we are only a few days away from the start.

Happy for Fulham to be back. A decade or more ago when I was introduced to the EPL through this board, Fulham was halfway decent. Now they seeem to be stuck between tables.

Hi,

I was going to get a season ticket for Fulham as they are quite reasonable, but with my other interests and my health I've not done it as I dont know how many games I could attend. People like Salah and Kane may struggle to repeat last years heroics after the World Cup.

You left out Newcastle United! WTF? :D

While Ashley's there they're about as relevant as your native Darlington. I doubt Rafa will be there at the end of the season and can see them flirting with the bottom three.
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

I was going to get a season ticket for Fulham as they are quite reasonable, but with my other interests and my health I've not done it as I dont know how many games I could attend. People like Salah and Kane may struggle to repeat last years heroics after the World Cup.

I read an article yesterday that said similar things about the two forwards. Kane is a notoriously slow starter. Salah will still be good but is he worth the price for a fantasy team? Last year he clearly was.

The article was also big on Hazard due to Chelsea's reduced schedule.

So it's "Tennents Lager" then...... (that's Scots for "same again").

You left out Newcastle United! WTF? :D

Hi,

Love Rafa, but Ashley seems reluctant to spend some of his money. The first man from the East has sold out at Arsenal, will Abramovich be next ?

I read an article yesterday that said similar things about the two forwards. Kane is a notoriously slow starter. Salah will still be good but is he worth the price for a fantasy team? Last year he clearly was.

The article was also big on Hazard due to Chelsea's reduced schedule.

Hi,

Hazard is dependent on how he gets on with the new coach. He should like him as he is an attacking coach and may give him a free role. Jose is trying to put square pegs in round holes at United. French people dont like Portuguese(or anyone else :lol:) and Martial as well as Pogba seem to be at odds with him. United should get a French manager if they want the French players to try harder. Wenger had great success with players like Viera, Petit, Henry and Pires + some others at Arsenal.

I become less passionate about football with every year that goes by. It's been ruined by money. I think this is the least interested in a football season I've been in my whole football supporting life and last season was the first time in as long as I can remember I didn't go to Old Trafford to watch a game, although I was in Thailand for a large part of the season. As much as I hate to admit it, it'll be City that will win it again because their squad is so much better than every other club and the football they play is far superior to everyone else too. Liverpool won't be far behind, Klopp is a good manager and they'll just keep throwing money at him until he wins the league which I'm sure will happen at some point in the next few seasons if he stays. Until then it's 28 years since they have won it and an even more embarrassing statistic is that they've only won one league cup in 12 seasons which is absolutely pitiful for a club their size and I'll continue to take the piss out of all things Liverpool until they win the league again. I also hate to say that I can't see much change at United, they haven't brought in any world class players and Mourinho won't build a team around Pogba and get the best out of him and a few other players which will mean the same negative, bland and defensive shite that we've now become associated with. We'll be in the top 4 no doubt but our inconsistency against the teams in the bottom of the table, our inability to get results against them when our backs are against the wall and our so called "stars" under performing when it matters most will be the reason why they'll miss out on the silverware. If the season unfolds as I think it will, and United are 10 points behind City by Christmas then I think Mourinho could seriously be in trouble of losing his job, not that that's the answer at all but that's how ridiculous football has become these days.

Hi,

Hazard is dependent on how he gets on with the new coach. He should like him as he is an attacking coach and may give him a free role. Jose is trying to put square pegs in round holes at United. French people dont like Portuguese(or anyone else :lol:) and Martial as well as Pogba seem to be at odds with him. United should get a French manager if they want the French players to try harder. Wenger had great success with players like Viera, Petit, Henry and Pires + some others at Arsenal.

An interesting point on the opinions of countries toward othe countries. Despite the EU being one big happy economic family (almost), there are still many of the same likes and dislikes among people and cultures. My German relatives don't care for the French, for instance.

Jose is a narcissistic person. He nearly ruined Juan Mata at Chelsea. despite all the money he was making, Jose wouldn't play him. Then Mata is a Mourinho darling at ManU and now he might be sold to Milan? Barcelona wants Pogba. United might be running out of midfielders.

So if they leave the top four midfielders would be Sanchez, Martial (also rumored to want out I believe), Lingard and Herrera or Fellaini or Matic? Then you have Valencia wanting out? Mourinho has worn out his welcome everywhere else and seems to be doing it again. What damage will he do before being sacked?

Edited by midlifecrisis

Vardy's point blank miss at 90:30 cost Leicester a point.

Players I liked and disliked today.

ManU:

Sanchez. A big fat zero. Even late, when they need possession, he turns it over and that leads to the last second corner.

Bailey. Strong guy. Played pretty well until late.

Fred. Not impressed. They were talking him up in the US pregame show. I thought early he should have had a couple of yellow cards. The one he got he didn't deserve.

Shaw. The goal bailed him out. He wants to be a midfielder. He supports on offense but one play at about midffield he made a horrible pass and didn't hustle back. Leicester passed it out of bounds.

De Gea had some great saves

Leicester:

Chillwell. Supports the offense but played good defense

Maddison played well

Maguire was steady

Vardy made a difference at the end but not quite enough. If he plays the whole game it may have been a different result.

Kind of a typically boring ManU game - score early and lay back. Better in the second half.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 1

. My German relatives don't care for the French, for instance.

Hi,

Portugal are supposed to be Englands oldest ally. And you know how much the French love the English. :lol:

First day of our stay-at-home holiday - no LOS this year :cry1 but the Toon are on later so no stress from Flo in front of box there then...

I have to agree on Man U/Leicester - verging on boring for most of the match.

Like I kept saying during the World Cup, "If you don't shoot, you don't score!" You don't ALWAYS have to score from 2 yards, a walk-it-in or from a set piece FFS :ang2 . In fact that was the difference between England and France.

So the English don't love the French and vice versa, eh? We are both dual nationality now, so as Flo is snoring in bed having a lie-in, a particularly English part of me is going to interface with a French part of her....

Better "get the leg 'ower sharpish like" 'cos there are 5 more Premier League matches on RMC 1 this weekend (we even get a Saturday 3pm match!). So much for viewing the naked ladies on the beach :allright .

Wehey!

Andy Cap

Edited by capdagde

About 20 minutes to the most interesting match of the first week. How will Arsenal perform under a new manager? Will Mahrez make a difference for City? City should dominate the table again but Liverpool made a statement today. Poor West Ham.

Hi,

Big weekend as Arsenal face another tough game against Chelsea. We hope to come away with a point at least. Not a great round of games after that.