Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Premier League 18-19

Premier League   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

Misfiring Gunners throw away 3 points at the Bridge. Wac was compensated by the victories of my old favourites, Everton and Leicester, providing financial return. Still, Arsenal need to brush up on their finishing if they are to finish top 4.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While Ashley's there they're about as relevant as your native Darlington. I doubt Rafa will be there at the end of the season and can see them flirting with the bottom three.

Vardy's point blank miss at 90:30 cost Leicester a point.   Players I liked and disliked today.   ManU:   Sanchez. A big fat zero. Even late, when they need possession, he turns it over and that

About £18 million, I've heard! ?   KM

Posted Images

Hi,

Top dogs City prove too good for the Terriers. Brighton were 9/2 with Manchester bookmakers Betfred who might have taken a hit from Brighton fans as they beat United to stay up last season.

The big chatter on the pregame show here in the States is that Mourinho said that City could buy good players but couldn't buy class. Someone should remind him that also applies to managers.

Hi,

Mourinho should sell the 2 Frenchmen, otherwise he is toast. He is a pain these days. Great win for Watford at Burnley, hard to win there.

Is Mourinho on the chopping block? I think I said this after the first match but Fred's not showing me anything. Pogba should go, agree with you there. I am tired of watching Pogba show almost continuous frustration of the pitch. That is not leadership. Not sure about Martial. Paul Scoles thinks Martial is not fed enough by Pogba and others.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/20/paul-scholes-blames-paul-pogba-for-anthony-martial-struggles-against-brighton-7859230/

Hi,

The scousers nick the points as Salah is awarded dodgy penalty. Contact is allowed in football, yet I hear the talking heads say "yes there was contact". Palace look a tough nut to crack at home this season.

Hi,

The scousers nick the points as Salah is awarded dodgy penalty. Contact is allowed in football, yet I hear the talking heads say "yes there was contact". Palace look a tough nut to crack at home this season.

The last foul certainly was. Salah had already licked the ball too far away for anyone but the goal keeper to make a play on. Palace played well. They lack offense. Similar to last year.

Hi,

Watford are the team of the weekend, 3 wins in a row and level on points with Liverpool and Chelsea. Fulham have a good win as well. I'm sure it was jumping in the Golden Lion. :gulp :party

Hi,

Tonights game could be a watershed for Jose. When Spurs visit Manchester they usually get rolled over. The bookies have it a tight match and I might back Spurs on the AH. I'd be hung in the Auld Triangle if they knew.

Wow. Spurs embarrassed ManU 3-0. Based on the first half performances I thought ManU would win and then in like two minutes at the 50 minute mark it is 2-0

Mouinho clapped up the fans for quite a while after the game. Is he done?

Wow. Spurs embarrassed ManU 3-0. Based on the first half performances I thought ManU would win and then in like two minutes at the 50 minute mark it is 2-0

Hi,

Who knows ? Wont be there next season, for sure.

Hi,

Who knows ? Wont be there next season, for sure.

He never does more than 3 seasons, he is unlikely to stay much more of this one.

Lucrative game he plays....

He is. The writing is on the wall. He is devoid of ideas and can't get the best out of his players. I can only imagine what Fergie would have done with this group of players because on paper it's a great squad. He signs good players and ruins them with his outdated, negative tactics that are no longer compatible with the modern game. I was always a fan of his and very happy when he became manager but three seasons later and the club is going nowhere under his leadership. By Christmas they'll be about 15 points behind the leaders and he'll be gone. But who do they replace him with?

He is. The writing is on the wall. He is devoid of ideas and can't get the best out of his players. I can only imagine what Fergie would have done with this group of players because on paper it's a great squad. He signs good players and ruins them with his outdated, negative tactics that are no longer compatible with the modern game. I was always a fan of his and very happy when he became manager but three seasons later and the club is going nowhere under his leadership. By Christmas they'll be about 15 points behind the leaders and he'll be gone. But who do they replace him with?

What about one of their fairly recently retired players? They would be able to relate to the players and would be more in touch with today's game.

Even down by two, they were fighting hard. Sanchez came in and gave United a lot of energy. They were threating often. Then came that great pass from Kane to Lucas and that was all she wrote.

What about one of their fairly recently retired players? They would be able to relate to the players and would be more in touch with today's game.

Even down by two, they were fighting hard. Sanchez came in and gave United a lot of energy. They were threating often. Then came that great pass from Kane to Lucas and that was all she wrote.

They started off well and put Spurs under a lot of pressure towards the end but it's just not good enough and I'm fed up with the excuses. This is Manchester United we're talking about and they shouldn't be making excuses all the fucking time. The truth is that Sanchez has been fucking awful since he arrived and he's had about four decent games in a United shirt. Too many players are just not playing to the best of their ability and continually putting in substandard performances. A lot of the fans are calling for Giggs to be given the manager's job again. I doubt he'd do any worse than Mourinho. At least he'd try to play more exciting football than the garbage that we're playing under this cunt. It would appear that Mourinho lost the dressing a while back and they don't want to play for him. Pogba has just won the world cup and was one of the stars of the tournament yet under Mourinho he's shite. Mkhitaryan is another great player that he couldn't get the best out of. I've lost patience with him and he needs to be fucked off now and not when they're 15 points behind at Christmas.

They started off well and put Spurs under a lot of pressure towards the end but it's just not good enough and I'm fed up with the excuses. This is Manchester United we're talking about and they shouldn't be making excuses all the fucking time. The truth is that Sanchez has been fucking awful since he arrived and he's had about four decent games in a United shirt. Too many players are just not playing to the best of their ability and continually putting in substandard performances. A lot of the fans are calling for Giggs to be given the manager's job again. I doubt he'd do any worse than Mourinho. At least he'd try to play more exciting football than the garbage that we're playing under this cunt. It would appear that Mourinho lost the dressing a while back and they don't want to play for him. Pogba has just won the world cup and was one of the stars of the tournament yet under Mourinho he's shite. Mkhitaryan is another great player that he couldn't get the best out of. I've lost patience with him and he needs to be fucked off now and not when they're 15 points behind at Christmas.

Giggs was on my mind as well as Paul Scholes. You guys need a manager like Pochettino or Guardiola but those are not easy to find. Like ManU, Spurs didn't get what they wanted in the transfer market but that hasn't held them back. Mourinho started using that as an excuse before the season began.

I hope he goes soon. I am tired of watching his self serving post game interviews.

Giggs was on my mind as well as Paul Scholes. You guys need a manager like Pochettino or Guardiola but those are not easy to find. Like ManU, Spurs didn't get what they wanted in the transfer market but that hasn't held them back. Mourinho started using that as an excuse before the season began.

I hope he goes soon. I am tired of watching his self serving post game interviews.

Paul Scholes isn't even an option. He has no intention of going in to management. Pochettino will probably be the favourite when Mourinho is sacked but it'll take a lot of cash to get him to leave Spurs. I rate him but I think maybe now is the time not to go for a big name and to bring someone in that is an up and coming manager as the club needs a complete overhaul. United haven't won the title for five seasons now and it could easily be another five more if we start from scratch again. I'm willing to wait if the right manager with a long term goal is brought in. I have some sympathy with Mourinho as the club is run as a business and not a football club. The money required isn't being given to him but I can also understand the board's motives now as it would appear that it makes no difference how much Mourinho is given, no matter who he buys he can't get the best out of them. The management structure needs a complete overhaul - when Fergie left we didn't just lose a great manager, we lost someone who ran the club from top to bottom.

Paul Scholes isn't even an option. He has no intention of going in to management. Pochettino will probably be the favourite when Mourinho is sacked but it'll take a lot of cash to get him to leave Spurs. I rate him but I think maybe now is the time not to go for a big name and to bring someone in that is an up and coming manager as the club needs a complete overhaul. United haven't won the title for five seasons now and it could easily be another five more if we start from scratch again. I'm willing to wait if the right manager with a long term goal is brought in. I have some sympathy with Mourinho as the club is run as a business and not a football club. The money required isn't being given to him but I can also understand the board's motives now as it would appear that it makes no difference how much Mourinho is given, no matter who he buys he can't get the best out of them. The management structure needs a complete overhaul - when Fergie left we didn't just lose a great manager, we lost someone who ran the club from top to bottom.

And they replaced Fergie with David Moyes which I did not understand.

Pocchetino is getting 8.5 million pounds a year through 2023, so yes big bucks.

United looks not even good enough for the top 4 currently but lots of time to turn it around. Liverpool, Spurs, City and Chelsea all look strong plus a couple of surprises which shouldn't stay up so high. Should be an interesting season.

Hi,

Poch has done well at Spurs alright. I feel he has a solid agreement with Levy to stay for a few years to see in the transition to new stadium. He may get a big job in Spain after that.

Hi,

Poch has done well at Spurs alright. I feel he has a solid agreement with Levy to stay for a few years to see in the transition to new stadium. He may get a big job in Spain after that.

Is Spain considered to be the top league in Europe?

Could you rank them for my understanding?

The Premier League probably makes more money than the other major European leagues but Real Madrid and Barcelona are arguably the two highest profile clubs on the continent.

The main leagues in Europe are in England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France. Hard to rank them accurately although France is probably the weakest, least competitive of the five.

The Premier League probably makes more money than the other major European leagues but Real Madrid and Barcelona are arguably the two highest profile clubs on the continent.

The main leagues in Europe are in England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France. Hard to rank them accurately although France is probably the weakest, least competitive of the five.

We get Serie A sometimes here and Bundesliga. Serie A had so many games with auch low attendence I was surprised. Glad we get so many Premier League matches. Passionate fans.

At the end of the ManU loss, they showed a young boy, his head buried in his dad's tummy crying with dad consoling him. I love my teams but I don't think we love our teams that much, even in our youth.

Hi,

I'd say PL is most watchable league, but Real and Barcelona are the clubs most players, especially South American, dream of playing for. Man Utd, Munich, Milan clubs, Juve and Liverpool would be the next IMO. Of course the new money is making Chelsea, Man City, and PSG attractive as well.