Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Premier League 18-19

Premier League   

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi,

I'd say PL is most watchable league, but Real and Barcelona are the clubs most players, especially South American, dream of playing for. Man Utd, Munich, Milan clubs, Juve and Liverpool would be the next IMO. Of course the new money is making Chelsea, Man City, and PSG attractive as well.

The Premier League probably makes more money than the other major European leagues but Real Madrid and Barcelona are arguably the two highest profile clubs on the continent.

The main leagues in Europe are in England, Spain, Germany, Italy and France. Hard to rank them accurately although France is probably the weakest, least competitive of the five.

Thanks guys for expanding my football horizon.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While Ashley's there they're about as relevant as your native Darlington. I doubt Rafa will be there at the end of the season and can see them flirting with the bottom three.

Vardy's point blank miss at 90:30 cost Leicester a point.   Players I liked and disliked today.   ManU:   Sanchez. A big fat zero. Even late, when they need possession, he turns it over and that

About £18 million, I've heard! ?   KM

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Liverpool, and their colourful fans, are in town for a game which may define their season. Man Utd arrive at the boundary of London for a tough game against Watford.

Hi,

Liverpool, and their colourful fans, are in town for a game which may define their season. Man Utd arrive at the boundary of London for a tough game against Watford.

I see no charges were brought for them attacking the Man City team coach!

Hi,

Liverpool confirm their potential with a vital win at Spurs. Man Utd and Arsenal stay in the hunt with good away wins. Cardiff already look doomed, although like Newcastle they have had tough early games.

You left out Newcastle United! WTF? :D

Hi,

With hindsight it seems like Ashley had bigger fish to fry. He is a great retailer and he already has HoF for peanuts and is closing in on Debenhams. Newcastle are unlucky that his attention is elsewhere at this time.

Wolves did again. First 1-1 against Man C and now 1-1 against Man U :clap2

Hi,

In the OP I suggested they might do well. Glad they are living up to it as it is a grass roots type of club.

Hi,

The scousers got robbed in North London, still, happy with the 3 points. :D The locals in the Fox and Pheasant were all shouting for Everton. I doubt they will shout for Liverpool next Saturday though. Man Utd and West Ham seem to be gradually improving and will have what should be a good came in the early kick off.

Great equalizer by Sturridge!

Is Mourinho losing the dressing room?

My most recent trip was during international matches. I hate your damn football being missed but glad I travelled when I did. European play I don't know any of the other league players (Ronaldo only because of MU) so Premier League football is my thing. 13th in one league. Why was my best year my first year when I only knew Ronaldo and Lampard? yah right

Great equalizer by Sturridge!

Is Mourinho losing the dressing room?

Hi,

I think the scousers were robbed on Fulham Road. Mourinho has to be toast, shame, he was great in his day but seems to have imploded.

Hi,

Mourinho and Man Utd seem in big trouble at the moment. Newcastle is a relatively soft game so they may get a win. Man City face Liverpool who have had 2 tough games in a row. For that reason I will have a little bet on City.

Edited by wacmedia

Hi,

Wolves and Bournemouth are the teams of the week with great away wins. Missed the Liv v City game but it seemed like a poor match.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Mancs will have an early rise this Saturday as United play Chelsea in the early kick off. These games after International break can be a bit flat. Lets hope for a good game. Mourinho is in trouble again and there does seem to be a campaign to do him over.

With ten minutes left, it looks like Mourhino may have turned things around.

It was nice to see Chelsea fans applaud Juan Mata and he them when he came off the pitch.

edit: He went nuts when a Chelsea coach celebrated the tying goal in front of him. A lot of guys holding him back. No punches thrown. Apology accepted but will there be repurcussions?

Edited by midlifecrisis

Hi,

Watford are the team of the weekend with a great away win at in form Wolves. Hammers are denied by Lloris's world class display. Jose loses 2 points in the last minute.

Arsenal looked very good after a slow start and an own goal put them behind. 3-1 and they missed at least two chances they probably should have had.

What a difference a season and new manager make.

edit: I took a look at the table. MCI has 23 points and a GD of +23 - ten better than anybofy else

Liverpool is also at 23 pts

Five teams at 21 points

Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham ordered by GD

Tottenham hosts City this coming Saturday

Who's hot - the past 5 matches!

MCI - 4 wins and a draw

Liverpool - 3 wins and two draws

Chelsea - 2 wins and 3 draws

Arsenal - 5 wins

Totteham - a loss followed by 4 consecutive wins.

Saturday can't come soon enough!

Edited by midlifecrisis

Hi,

We have to wait till Sun/Mon this round for the main games. Man Utd face a tough game against Everton on Sunday, especially after their defeat v Juve in the CL. Tottenham face City on Monday and their season could unravel unless they get something in that game.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6319321/Real-Madrid-make-bid-hire-Mauricio-Pochettino.html

Real Madrid 'to make another bid to hire Mauricio Pochettino' as they prepare £40m offer to lure boss away from Tottenham

I disagree only in that Liverpool's home match against Cardiff is potentially very important should Spurs prevail at home against City.

Now a question regarding transfers. If a player or manager has a contract, is that binding? When there is a transfer, who gets paid?

Pochettino has a contract valued at 8.5 million through 2023.

PL only, that is 223,684 pounds per game. He has been paid 2,013,158 pounds this year so is owed for this and the next four years about 36 million pounds.

So, does Real Madrid pay Spurs 40 million (4 million profit) and pay then Pochettino what, 36 million? Those numbers would be crazy. Or do they pay Spurs just 4 million and pick up the contract obligations, which makes more sense. Then it comes down to how much cash profit Spurs want.

Edited by midlifecrisis