Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

An Interesting thread..................

If anyone is (remotely) interested, there is a thread on another board you might want to read....................................

NewAmsterdam

Should Pattaya live and Pattaya talk merge? Would it make sense?

Edited by firth1974

Are you fucking serious? Don't you have to pay a subscription to Pattaya Live and kiss the arse of it's owner if you want to post on that forum? It's also heavily censored and anyone who disagrees with the owner about anything risks being banned?

Maybe some of your post was right for in the past but not at all now.

The forum has a voluntary donation system set up so its not tied to the bar any more and the forum has no adverting.

Members that have donated have no limits set on there accounts and have more from privileges.

We have the funds to keep the forum alive for the next few years in place already.

I really didnt think the money would come in but it did and it works...

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Maybe some of your post was right for in the past but not at all now.

The forum has a voluntary donation system set up so its not tied to the bar any more and the forum has no adverting.

Members that have donated have no limits set on there accounts and have more from privileges.

We have the funds to keep the forum alive for the next few years in place already.

I really didnt think the money would come in but it did and it works...

So Mulphy doesn't own the forum any more and it's not affiliated with the Rock House now?

I cant see any benefit to the members here by being forced to join with another site.

Not much more to say!

KM

I've done loads of work in the IPS software and no one would have to sign up to another forum..

If you know on how it works then its easy to import members to another forum but posts, forums and categories is another matter...

Database wise you would need to run two different prefixes which would create two forums.

Yes It is doable but them again there's pattaya forum politics to take into account.. :P

So Mulphy doesn't own the forum any more and it's not affiliated with the Rock House now?

Lets look at your questions from your first post as you are pointing me to answer your questions with the answers you are looking for...

Are you fucking serious? Don't you have to pay a subscription to Pattaya Live and kiss the arse of it's owner if you want to post on that forum? It's also heavily censored and anyone who disagrees with the owner about anything risks being banned?

Are you fucking serious?

no not at all .. it was a members posted the question as a thread

Don't you have to pay a subscription to Pattaya Live and kiss the arse of it's owner if you want to post on that forum?

No not at all its a donation system just the same as this forum.

It's also heavily censored and anyone who disagrees with the owner about anything risks being banned?

No its not heavily censored at all probably the least censored pattaya forum and anyone who can disagree with the owners about anything they like...

- - -

We use the rockhouse for meeting just like many forums have a place to meet and why not use it..

There's more than one owner of the forum.. and yes mulphy is one of them...

As members donated to the forum and its not coming out of Mulphy's pocket any more all the ads have been pulled and members meet when in Thailand or ones a month..

Edited by lanzalad
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If anyone is (remotely) interested, there is a thread on another board you might want to read....................................

NewAmsterdam

Should Pattaya live and Pattaya talk merge? Would it make sense?

You only have to look at all the bitching going on in that one thread to see why a merger between the two forums would be a bad idea.....

• Upvote 4

You only have to look at all the bitching going on in that one thread to see why a merger between the two forums would be a bad idea.....

A lot of bad vibes when the shhhh board went down and those folks came over here.

No its not heavily censored at all probably the least censored pattaya forum and anyone who can disagree with the owners about anything they like...

It should be rephrased, as Live is selectively censored or moderated depending on who makes the post. That is one of the main issues.

Why you invest your time and money into the that cesspit beats me.

• Upvote 3

This was my post on the subject on the thread on Live...

I've said this before but will repeat it as nothing has changed. Live, Talk and Secrets just about have enough good posters between them to populate one quality forum. Unfortunately you'd have all the cunts in one place too and that would just be too much for me to take.

It should be rephrased, as Live is selectively censored or moderated depending on who makes the post. That is one of the main issues.

Why you invest your time and money into the that cesspit beats me.

Selective moderation dependant on poster is very much alive on live. That, and the fact that there is only one mod (lanza openly refuses to moderate now, and mulphy is happy for anything to go (including vile threats of physical abuse against other members), despite his regular "now hear this" threads) and he is regularly overridden by Mulphy, means that the board is dominated by over opinionated, obnoxious thugs.

• Upvote 4

I joined in 2006 and am still a rather junior member. Why?, because the forum as MM structured it has worked , Has usefulness over a long period . Members who live in Pattaya , finally on their first trip or married in Issan are still active after many years.

Why merge? But really up to Frosty,

See some of you at the Crawl on the 22cd, My second in 12yrs.

Nope. I vote no merger. MM would NEVER have mergered.

Absolutely, plus if there was a merger, would certain lifetime bans imposed remain valid!?

I had some food in that rockhouse couple years ago it wasnt the best but like always you vote with your feet subsequently. Clearly the waitress thought it was poor and kept asking if it was ok. In the end I actually said no its that good and this fat geezer rounded on me clearly linked to the place jesus wept he went off on one.

Never been in the place since and always empty when I walk past on Metro