Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

I doubt the latter but the former is similar to what I first thought of.

I do not have a hernia per the ultrasound. I have been less symptomatic since the ultrasound and I just got back from overseas where I walked a lot and screwed a little and had almost no symptoms.

Walking will help loosen the psoas and iliopsoas muscles a little while strengthening the glutes. Screwing in the missionary position uses muscles that "counter" the psoas and iliopsoas. It might be worth it to seek out a Physical Therapist who specializes in pelvic tilt issues. They should all be familiar with it but that doesn't, necessarily, mean they know what they're doing. IMO, it's, at least, another thing that should be eliminated if these "expert" doctors can't find a solution.

I could be way off with my suggestions but your "I walked a lot and screwed a little and had almost no symptoms" told me quite a bit.

Walking will help loosen the psoas and iliopsoas muscles a little while strengthening the glutes. Screwing in the missionary position uses muscles that "counter" the psoas and iliopsoas. It might be worth it to seek out a Physical Therapist who specializes in pelvic tilt issues. They should all be familiar with it but that doesn't, necessarily, mean they know what they're doing. IMO, it's, at least, another thing that should be eliminated if these "expert" doctors can't find a solution.

I could be way off with my suggestions but your "I walked a lot and screwed a little and had almost no symptoms" told me quite a bit.

During the ultrasound, I was required to do a lot of bearing down and the technician pushe down hard at times on the area in my abdomen where I was experiencing discomfurt. As I look back, the symptoms disappeared then and have continued to be non existent since then.

I think it is likely a slow healing abdominal strain but who knows? There are a number of possible diagnoses from a hernia, to what you suggested, to IBS.

During the ultrasound, I was required to do a lot of bearing down and the technician pushe down hard at times on the area in my abdomen where I was experiencing discomfurt. As I look back, the symptoms disappeared then and have continued to be non existent since then.

I think it is likely a slow healing abdominal strain but who knows? There are a number of possible diagnoses from a hernia, to what you suggested, to IBS.

Mimicked Myofascial Release. Possible Iliopsoas/Psoas spasm. Core muscles weak and/or out of balance. I'd be willing to bet taking a good, hearty shit also relieved the pain a bit.

Mimicked Myofascial Release. Possible Iliopsoas/Psoas spasm. Core muscles weak and/or out of balance. I'd be willing to bet taking a good, hearty shit also relieved the pain a bit.

After a couple of bouts of moderate discomfort, the following mornings I had bad gas. That is why I lean toward IBS.

You bring up a great point though. At almost 68 my core is weak. It won't get much better going forward either.

Having come back from overseas, I have dropped ten pounds (still want to lose 20 more) and fell more fit from all the walking, which I am keeping up at home as the weather is not so hot here (100 later this afternoon). In a couple of days it will be under 90 and I will be on two a day walks.

My late doctor once told me, "Getting old ain't for sissies!" The fun is just beginning no doubt.

Edited by midlifecrisis
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

One quarter of all men get a hernia in their lifetime.  I had one for months without realizing it.  At the Auto Show last summer, I took a break for a coffee, the acidity in coffee will aggravate a hernia.  I had a sharp pain in my right testicle.  I didn’t know it was from a hernia, thought my balls were heating up from photographing the pretties.

In the fall I started working out every day, started 30 minutes and gradually increased to 75 minutes/day, every day for four months.  I added 12 pounds of muscle. Sixty minutes/day on the exercise bike, started getting a sharp pain in ‘the crease’, i.e. where the leg connects to the body.  I thought it was a strained tendon.  I also lifted weights, and kept increasing both repetitions and weight, aggressively. This made the condition much worse.

I finally realized what I had during a visit to Chatuchak Market.  I had a couple coffees and had such intense pain in my upper thigh that I could barely walk.  Researched the symptoms on the internet and realized it must be a hernia.  I made an appointment at Sikarin Hospital in Bang Na, they offered free transportation from lower Sukhumvit.  The doctor diagnosed me with both a inguinal and a umbilical hernia.  He didn’t use ultrasound, just a visual inspection.  He said I should only do light walking, no bicycling, no swimming, and definitely no weight lifting.  He said if my intestine should become strangulated by an abdominal muscle, cutting off the blood supply, get to an emergency room ASAP.

My situation is different from most people because my intestines act as my stomach.  I don’t have a stomach, this makes the operation more complex, so they gave me an estimate of 400,000 to repair both hernias with laparoscopic surgery.  He also wanted to check my gallbladder because of the Gastrectomy I had previously.  He believed there was a strong chance I’d have problems with gallstones, and said it didn’t make sense to do the hernia repair without checking the gallbladder.

For that price I though I could learn to live with the hernias and only had one major problem, with the crispy fried oysters at the Terminal 21 Food Court.  I guess it was all the grease.  I had to pause each minute walking home until the pain subsided, a very intense, sharp and penetrating pain in my groin like someone stabbed me with a spike.  People were looking at me on the street like ‘Are you all right?’  I definitely wasn’t but managed to get home and lie down.

I lived with it for the next several months by being careful with my diet and avoiding coffee, red meat, citrus, etc.  until my gallbladder became inflamed last month, just as the Doctor had predicted.  During eight hours of laparoscopic surgery I had my gallbladder removed and the hernias repaired.  I was in the hospital four days, one day just to wait for the result of the Covid test, one day in the ICU, and two days recovery, the first with only soup broth, then with some real food.

The laparoscopic surgery provides a quick recovery, I was walking around the ICU under my own power the day after the surgery.  When I had the Gastrectomy at Bangkok Hospital Medical Center, it was five days before I could walk.  That being two steps with the help of a walker, otherwise I’d have fallen over.  Spent five days with a feeding tube up my nose, then nothing but soup broth for the next five days before getting a real meal.  The laparoscopic surgery was easy in comparison.

Now I’m good to go. ?

Edited by RhinoTusk
  • Upvote 3
1 hour ago, RhinoTusk said:

One quarter of all men get a hernia in their lifetime.  I had one for months without realizing it.  At the Auto Show last summer, I took a break for a coffee, the acidity in coffee will aggravate a hernia.  I had a sharp pain in my right testicle.  I didn’t know it was from a hernia, thought my balls were heating up from photographing the pretties.

In the fall I started working out every day, started 30 minutes and gradually increased to 75 minutes/day, every day for four months.  I added 12 pounds of muscle. Sixty minutes/day on the exercise bike, started getting a sharp pain in ‘the crease’, i.e. where the leg connects to the body.  I thought it was a strained tendon.  I also lifted weights, and kept increasing both repetitions and weight, aggressively. This made the condition much worse.

I finally realized what I had during a visit to Chatuchak Market.  I had a couple coffees and had such intense pain in my upper thigh that I could barely walk.  Researched the symptoms on the internet and realized it must be a hernia.  I made an appointment at Sikarin Hospital in Bang Na, they offered free transportation from lower Sukhumvit.  The doctor diagnosed me with both a inguinal and a umbilical hernia.  He didn’t use ultrasound, just a visual inspection.  He said I should only do light walking, no bicycling, no swimming, and definitely no weight lifting.  He said if my intestine should become strangulated by an abdominal muscle, cutting off the blood supply, get to an emergency room ASAP.

My situation is different from most people because my intestines act as my stomach.  I don’t have a stomach, this makes the operation more complex, so they gave me an estimate of 400,000 to repair both hernias with laparoscopic surgery.  He also wanted to check my gallbladder because of the Gastrectomy I had previously.  He believed there was a strong chance I’d have problems with gallstones, and said it didn’t make sense to do the hernia repair without checking the gallbladder.

For that price I though I could learn to live with the hernias and only had one major problem, with the crispy fried oysters at the Terminal 21 Food Court.  I guess it was all the grease.  I had to pause each minute walking home until the pain subsided, a very intense, sharp and penetrating pain in my groin like someone stabbed me with a spike.  People were looking at me on the street like ‘Are you all right?’  I definitely wasn’t but managed to get home and lie down.

I lived with it for the next several months by being careful with my diet and avoiding coffee, red meat, citrus, etc.  until my gallbladder became inflamed last month, just as the Doctor had predicted.  During eight hours of laparoscopic surgery I had my gallbladder removed and the hernias repaired.  I was in the hospital four days, one day just to wait for the result of the Covid test, one day in the ICU, and two days recovery, the first with only soup broth, then with some real food.

The laparoscopic surgery provides a quick recovery, I was walking around the ICU under my own power the day after the surgery.  When I had the Gastrectomy at Bangkok Hospital Medical Center, it was five days before I could walk.  That being two steps with the help of a walker, otherwise I’d have fallen over.  Spent five days with a feeding tube up my nose, then nothing but soup broth for the next five days before getting a real meal.  The laparoscopic surgery was easy in comparison.

Now I’m good to go. ?

Buen suerte. Sounds like the only thing you didn't have in the plumbing faults was a hydrocele.

One day a few friends were sitting in Windmill and a couple of the service providers came over to one mate oohing and ahing and offered to inspect him in the hong nahm.

I couldn't resist and asked him what that was all about. He gave me the run down and offered me an opportunity to inspect 555.

I passed and went to Dr. Google later and learned that apparently with a hydrocele you can have one testicle sac 4x the size of the other.  Doc G says you can live with that or have surgery and that it may be related to a hernia.

10 hours ago, VPI78 said:

Buen suerte. Sounds like the only thing you didn't have in the plumbing faults was a hydrocele.

The way I look at it, I got rid of excess baggage I didn’t need.  It’s been scientifically proven a man’s dick is inversely proportional to the size of his stomach, so have your stomach removed and your dick grows without bound.  Some girls complain but most don’t. ?

52 minutes ago, RhinoTusk said:

The way I look at it, I got rid of excess baggage I didn’t need.  It’s been scientifically proven a man’s dick is inversely proportional to the size of his stomach, so have your stomach removed and your dick grows without bound.  Some girls complain but most don’t. ?

I recently had an endoscopy. Because of GERDS I have been taking Prevacid for decades. They found approximately 75 benign polyps in my stomach caused by the medication. Over the decades, my manhood has appeared to be decreasing in size. Your theory now makes things crystal clear. It likely explains my divorce as well.

:rotflmao

• Haha 2

I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia last week. On the left, even though I'm a righty. After diagnosis,no pain until late one evening I had a series of short pains that lasted until 3am. By the time they quit,I was unable to sleep from being too exited in the wrong way. But I fell asleep ~6am and haven't had an issue since. Now I'm careful about lifting or making any sudden moves while bending over. I've been retired for 15 years from an airline career where I lifted my share of baggage and boxes. Mind you, not all 32 years but I guess enough to matter. The doctor asked what my profession was and I told him and he said that was probably the main contributing factor as that area had weakened over time. So I guess I'll have to leave my favorite gymnastic moves for the bedroom at home and say "you on top" in Thai! Welcome to 69 (years old)! 

1 plus is the surgery is now out-patient and he said they basically just push it back in. Gawd!!!!

Edited by 4wheels
Poor memory.
  • Upvote 1

At the age of 34 (long time ago), I had no idea I had a hernia until the doctor said cough.  There was no doubt as his finger was sticking in a gap where there shouldn't have been one. 

18 hours ago, RhinoTusk said:

That solves a mystery of why my willie seems to be shrinking.

• Haha 1
  • 9 months later...

Even though my hernias were repaired the groin still swells up on occasion, besides what the girls do.  The mesh prevents the intestine from poking through so I don’t get the sharp, piercing pain anymore.  I think it’s just the body pumping fluids into the affected area as part of a natural healing response, but it makes a noise when you push it back in, a ‘whoosh’ like a washing machine.

During a recent session with a particularly hot GoGo girl, my groin was taking a pounding  ? I could hear it getting pushed in.  “What’s that?”, she asks, probably thinking she’s had customers make strange noises before but this takes the cake.  Fortunately, I didn’t get strangulated and was able to finish without having to go into Emergency. ? I’m glad I had the elective surgery.

• Like 1