Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Trip advisor reviews seem to be so-so, but largely on the value for money side. Not stayed there myself. If traffic noise is an issue, I can send you a load of earplugs in the post if you want, just drop me a PM. They work really well and are comfy enough to wear overnight in bed. I swear by them, especially in Manila if I need a snooze in the afternoon.

The bar and the food served there is bloody great though. Good, cheap drinks and really spot on Thai food, one of the best along the street for my money.

• Upvote 1

Where ever you stay on Soi Buakaow you are always going to get huge amounts of traffic noise plus of course music and parties.

I stayed at Jasmin Mansion new LK Metro 11 years ago and never got to sleep until past 5 am not good.

Although i have been staying at D Apartment the last year and also had a room overlooking the road and New Plaza it was still a bit of noise at times espeacially when there is a party about somewhere.

I have never stayed at R-con Residence but i do know the owner have come close to it though but understand you have to pay for the wifi it's not free unless it's changed, maybe if you get a room away from the front it maybe alright for you.

Couple of guys Ive spoke to since OP highly recommend it for the money if you're not overly fussy (which Im not)

They both stay there semi permanantly 4 months at a time on monthly deals

I haven't stayed there but the bar was somewhere I'd often go to for a few cheap ones in the afternoon. The bar is a bit of a dive so it would put me off staying in the rooms. That part of the Soi is liable to be really noisy too because it's on a bend and a part of the Soi which is often congested.

I haven't stayed there but the bar was somewhere I'd often go to for a few cheap ones in the afternoon. The bar is a bit of a dive so it would put me off staying in the rooms. That part of the Soi is liable to be really noisy too because it's on a bend and a part of the Soi which is often congested.

But strangely not as bad as the Hellfire junction. (Buakao, Diana, Legkee).

But strangely not as bad as the Hellfire junction. (Buakao, Diana, Legkee).

Oh man I've been stuck there a few times. It's absolute chaos sometimes and if there are some particularly stubborn or selfish cunts caught up in it then it can take several minutes before it clears. I've nearly come a cropper there on a motorbike a few times.

Oh man I've been stuck there a few times. It's absolute chaos sometimes and if there are some particularly stubborn or selfish cunts caught up in it then it can take several minutes before it clears. I've nearly come a cropper there on a motorbike a few times.

Songraews pick up and drop off there, trucks deliver to the Family Mart and 7-11, all adding to the chaos.

I sometimes use the small lane off soi 15, at the 7-11, down by The Pride condo and onto Diana at the Hole in One bar, and then LK Metro to get round it.

Songraews pick up and drop off there, trucks deliver to the Family Mart and 7-11, all adding to the chaos.

I sometimes use the small lane off soi 15, at the 7-11, down by The Pride condo and onto Diana at the Hole in One bar, and then LK Metro to get round it.

Wise move. When I was living in Pratumnak and I wanted to get to Metro or the top end of Soi Bhukhao past that I often used to cut through Soi 15 and "piss alley" to get to Soi Diana and then through Metro.

It's not bad, not great, but not bad.

Shower and toilet in the same 'space' if i remember right.

Also, lots of 'working girls' live in the soi going down the right of it.

Ive stayed there once before, a few years back. Always surprised me how big the rooms were, and they are quite a size, compared to how small the bathroom was. The bathroom is the size of a shoe box, and the toilet is in there too!

Ive stayed there once before, a few years back. Always surprised me how big the rooms were, and they are quite a size, compared to how small the bathroom was. The bathroom is the size of a shoe box, and the toilet is in there too!

That's what I meant yea, the toilet is actually in the shower :lol:

• Upvote 1