Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 245 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

No deal Brexit and flights in and out of UK

Have been watching Skynews online and the ramifications for a no deal Brexit are staggering simply staggering and would almost certainly see all flights grounded on an international basis for Brits

Pilots would have to be re-licensed from scratch and it cant be done in advance only once D Day has ended and we've left..Thats just one tiny part of it !

Apparently a Government release is being unveiled this Thursday. Would seem sensible to avoid booking flights next April at the moment

Edited by Rawhide2
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone recall the Y2K doom and gloom? Computers will crash and the world will come to an end. Turned out it was all BS and only a few very trivial hiccups. I suspect BREXIT to be the same. All

You won't find any. Nor will you find any reliable ones that prove how it won't work. It concerns something that has never occured before and hasn't even happened yet. You can attempt to predict, expl

Good post and you kind of took the words right out of my mouth. I really can't be bothered to argue with the remainers these days so rarely bother. Let's just see what happens and see how arrogant and

Posted Images

Don't be so naive and believe everything you hear or read in the media. However bad "they" say it'll be i.e. those that wanted to remain, it won't be anywhere near as bad as that. The repercussions of all international passenger and cargo flights being grounded for even a few days would be catastrophic. In short, it wouldn't happen.

Edited by Siam Sam
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Don't be so naive and believe everything you hear or read in the media. However bad "they" say it'll be i.e. those that wanted to remain, it won't be anywhere near as bad as that. The repercussions of all international passenger and cargo flights being grounded for even a few days would be catastrophic. In short, it wouldn't happen.

You missed the bit about pilots having to be re licensed perhaps lol. I'm expecting a deal so its unlikely to happen but if we go no deal its exactly what will happen

Lets wait until Thursday when the full ramifications will be known. Burying your head in the sand in the interim is exactly what many are doing

If people think computers moving over to the year 2000 is on a par with brexit deal or no deal people need to give their heads a serious wobble

You missed the bit about pilots having to be re licensed perhaps lol. I'm expecting a deal so its unlikely to happen but if we go no deal its exactly what will happen

Lets wait until Thursday when the full ramifications will be known. Burying your head in the sand in the interim is exactly what many are doing

If people think computers moving over to the year 2000 is on a par with brexit deal or no deal people need to give their heads a serious wobble

Sky News appear to be fear mongering.....

“It is misleading for Sky News to say that 35,000 pilots would need to renew their pilot's licence in a 'no-deal' Brexit scenario. Both commercial and private UK pilot licences would remain valid for use on UK-registered aircraft as the United Kingdom is a signatory to the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) Chicago Convention. Our licences are internationally recognised - including by the European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) - both now and after 29 March 2019."

Source.CAA

• Upvote 2

There is absolutely no way at all they would ground all or most UK flights. Back when we had the Volcanic Ash cloud issue (which left me stranded in the RP for 3 weeks) the UK was virtually brought to its knees within a matter of a couple of days, the Govt shat themselves as did many of the Airlines, a lesson was learnt not to let it happen again.

The economic fallout would be horrific, there is no way the EU Airlines operating in and out of the UK, or the UK airlines would allow this to happen, as for International flights outside of the EU, it would have zero effect anyway. The lobbying power Carriers like Lufthansa, Air France, KLM etc have on their respective govts is considerable, that's even before we enter the realms of the Car manufacturers who airfrieght parts overnight into hubs like Stanstead and East Midlands.

Typical scare tactics from SKY who really should know better I'm afraid.

If i'm wrong however, I'll be the first one to buy the Belgian beers to say sorry lol!

Brexit is a big deal if you live in the EU. Google tells me that is only 6.9% of the worlds population.

China accounts for around 19% with India another 18%. All told, Asia has 62% and Africa 16%. Neither of these continents will be impacted much

I do not see any major impact to 93.1% of the worlds population no matter what happens.

Again, Google says the British Pound has fallen 12% or so against the Euro and 5% against the USD. That is great news for the EU and USA.

Y2K was hard to avoid unless you lived in a 3rd world country without any modern technology.

My point was that all the Doom and Gloom before 1 Jan 2000 is exactly the Doom and Gloom I see being spread around now.

Edited by ttk
  • Upvote 1

Isn't Sky owned by Murdoch?

Might have a lot to do with the fear mongering.

As with all multimedia organisations they have their own agenda and broadcast total propaganda which they use to brainwash those vacuous and gullible enough to believe it.

Well the BBC may as well get in on the act.....

UK driving licence 'may not be valid in EU' after no-deal Brexit

Good, the UK should get rid of those drunk Polish truck drivers who are causing motorway accidents....

• Upvote 1

The main news have missed out 98% of the really nasty stuff yesterday thats for sure. They did the minor issues bottom of the list like

Passports

Roaming charges

International driving permits

all at the bottom of the top 100 of any real concern but failed to mention apart from couple of minor snippets ones at the top such as Mark Carneys remarks of a no deal brexit removing 35% of the value of peoples homes in the uk

Think some are really blind to whats happening here. WE ARE LEAVING at the end of March come what may no pun intended. Its not "project fear" a no deal scenario is probably 50/50 at this moment in time and the nightmare will begin if thats what happens

Massive changes are coming if Theresa and her gang cant sort out a deal thats good for all of us. It could be 5 years minimum to sort the chaos and then some

Like most others I want a deal because apart from anything else all of us here will see a bounce to Sterling

The main news have missed out 98% of the really nasty stuff yesterday thats for sure. They did the minor issues bottom of the list like

Passports

Roaming charges

International driving permits

all at the bottom of the top 100 of any real concern but failed to mention apart from couple of minor snippets ones at the top such as Mark Carneys remarks of a no deal brexit removing 35% of the value of peoples homes in the uk

Think some are really blind to whats happening here. WE ARE LEAVING at the end of March come what may no pun intended. Its not "project fear" a no deal scenario is probably 50/50 at this moment in time and the nightmare will begin if thats what happens

Massive changes are coming if Theresa and her gang cant sort out a deal thats good for all of us. It could be 5 years minimum to sort the chaos and then some

Like most others I want a deal because apart from anything else all of us here will see a bounce to Sterling

So exactly how would a no deal Brexit mean a 35% reduction in UK house prices? Please enlighten us.

I read today that the Airlines have contigency plans concerning a deal, no deal, wild west style shootout or a simple Jeux Sans Frontiers. I would imagine that it would be very very high on the list of "not fucking things up due to those greedy cunts in Europe" because of the amount of revenue involved.

In fact, we could pull their pants down on that one...

This topic is in the "Airline Discussion" forum. Perhaps it would be better moved down to "Politics and "Religion" if it's going to be turned into a wider discussion of Brexit...

You're probably right considering I'm still waiting for the explanation from our resident economic expert to substantiate the rather hilarious claim that UK house prices will drop 35% should there be a "no deal" Brexit. This should be good.

You're probably right considering I'm still waiting for the explanation from our resident economic expert to substantiate the rather hilarious claim that UK house prices will drop 35% should there be a "no deal" Brexit. This should be good.

Possibly prices will drop but 35% seems a lot.... when prices fall for other things it is usually a good thing! Yes some may get stuck with negative equity.. is that what we call having a mortgage bigger than the house value? I would expect supply and demand to keep pushing them up myself.

Possibly prices will drop but 35% seems a lot.... when prices fall for other things it is usually a good thing! Yes some may get stuck with negative equity.. is that what we call having a mortgage bigger than the house value? I would expect supply and demand to keep pushing them up myself.

Ahhh, negative equity. In the late 80's and early 90's when interest rates hit 17% at one point, my house was worth less than the mortgage owed, in fact considerably less, it only reached a state of equilibrium in 1997!.

What has house prices got to do with Airlines???? :hithead

What has house prices got to do with Airlines???? :hithead

What has your nagging got to do with house prices?

Subject is 'No Deal Brexit...'.

Edited by jacko

What has your nagging got to do with house prices?

Subject is 'No Deal Brexit...'.

Yep, but it's in the Airline Discussion sub-forum and the thread was started about the effect of a "No Deal Brexit" on flights, not on house prices!!!

Still not possible to get a Ryanair flight into or out of UK after 30 March 2019 - go and try, I just did (anybody bought a flight ex-UK through another airline post-30 March?

Here's my tenpenneth Sam! House prices - redundancies, fewer people have money to buy, fewer migrants or immigrants will buy, but some people will when the prices come down 35%, as will young folks frozen out of the market up until then, not having enough for the deposit. Always buy at the trough in the market.

The trick is not-to-need-to-sell!

Bah, humbug. At least the Mogg has got his money in Ireland and gone short on a good spread of UK stocks.

The braindead working classes will vote for the wickdipper Boris's campaign for number 10, "'cos I like 'im when 'e's on the telly. Remember 'im wi' that banana - heuh, heuh".

BTW Jaguar Land Rover is Indian owned (Tata - and might be just that) - "the shining light of the British automotive industry". Methinks Bristol, Morgan and Lotus remain... (any others in a different thread!!!!! Sorry The Fiend - quiet day at work).

"Don't worry, everything will be fine" with everything..... planes, trains and automobiles.

.... but things might be fooked with trucks!

Monsewer André Capp

Edited by capdagde

I’m pretty sure that all UK based airlines managed to fly into and out of European countries before we were a member of the European union. As do the airlines of the other 163 countries of the world that are also not members of the European Union at present.

Scaremongering by the press who have been so bias to the remain campaign that it is shocking, still vested interests I presume.

Regards