Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

No deal Brexit and flights in and out of UK

I’m pretty sure that all UK based airlines managed to fly into and out of European countries before we were a member of the European union. As do the airlines of the other 163 countries of the world that are also not members of the European Union at present.

Scaremongering by the press who have been so bias to the remain campaign that it is shocking, still vested interests I presume.

Regards

Ah, "Triple drat!" - if you had only written "I assume" Fireman Sam!

All the UK's treaties and agreements for the past 40+ years have been in a job-lot bundle as part of the EU. Paragraph 3 of Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty

http://www.lisbon-treaty.org/wcm/the-lisbon-treaty/treaty-on-European-union-and-comments/title-6-final-provisions/137-article-50.html

means that all that ends on Brexit (deal or no deal - with deal giving 2 more years to sort out the spaghetti).

"It is not just a matter of flying inside Europe. It is through the EU that we have secured beneficial deals with key countries across the world, not least the USA with which the EU has an “open skies” agreement enabling EU or US-based carriers to fly any transatlantic route between the two. This has been particularly beneficial to our non-London airports. Should we be forced to fall back on our previous agreement (the 1946 and 1977 Bermuda agreements) we would be lumbered with a document that would only allow a restricted number of airlines – and flights into London airports alone! So we will also need to negotiate – and negotiate quickly – a new deal with the USA and many other countries."

https://www.richardcorbett.org.uk/brexit-briefings/brexit-and-aviation/

The 1946 and 1977 Bermuda agreements, eh? Who knew?

"The Bermuda agreements were replaced in two stages on 30 March 2008, and 24 June 2010, by the EU–US Open Skies Agreement between the European Union (representing 25 European countries) and the United States, providing for an Open Skies regime even more liberal than Bermuda I."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bermuda_Agreement

If a BM has "anything-but-rose" coloured spectacles (Richard Corbett being a pinko ................ (insert uninformed colourful comment on the dotted line), Google offers little that does not come from one media outlet or other - and journalists are lazy and will précis (steal) copy from colleagues online.... so "it's the same old song".

So I repeat my question.... Does any BM have a ticket for a flight leaving the UK after 29/03/2019?

Everything's gonna be alright..everything's gonna be alright..everything's gonna be alright..everything's gonna be alright..

No woman no cry!

Andy Le Cap

Edited by capdagde
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone recall the Y2K doom and gloom? Computers will crash and the world will come to an end. Turned out it was all BS and only a few very trivial hiccups. I suspect BREXIT to be the same. All

You won't find any. Nor will you find any reliable ones that prove how it won't work. It concerns something that has never occured before and hasn't even happened yet. You can attempt to predict, expl

Good post and you kind of took the words right out of my mouth. I really can't be bothered to argue with the remainers these days so rarely bother. Let's just see what happens and see how arrogant and

Posted Images

And similarly I expect the rights of EU carriers to overfly UK airspace and use UK airports and fly into the UK will need to be renegotiated? This was a one way street all along where the UK became a bit player.

And similarly I expect the rights of EU carriers to overfly UK airspace and use UK airports and fly into the UK will need to be renegotiated? This was a one way street all along where the UK became a bit player.

The island of Great Britain has a big bottom (the Land of Lard?) so many might prefer the "if you look out of the left/right window you can see Gloup" route.

Edited by capdagde

Andy Le Cap wrote

"So I repeat my question.... Does any BM have a ticket for a flight leaving the UK after 29/03/2019?

Last night I put in dates outboud 29/30th March to European and Thai destinations. It may purely have been a 1 off but a lot of the major carriers were missing (lot were still there) will repeat it tomorrow see if its repeated.

Anyone who think this is project fear (across the board) should have been been promoting that pre referendum. A lot of people in the uk need to give their heads a serious wobble. Someone earlier compared it to the clock clicking over to the year 2000 frankly Id put that at 1/100 compared to what is going to happen over next 5 years

Edited by Rawhide2

. Someone earlier compared it to the clock clicking over to the year 2000 frankly Id put that at 1/100 compared to what is going to happen over next 5 years

Y2k was a HUGE deal with lots of people saying the world was goung to end...until it 1 Jan 2000 and then very little actually hapened. Less then 7% of the worlds population is in EU

• Upvote 1

Y2k was a HUGE deal with lots of people saying the world was goung to end...until it 1 Jan 2000 and then very little actually hapened. Less then 7% of the worlds population is in EU

Although to put that into perspective... population may not be everything else India would be more important.

In 2017, the share of the European Union in the global gross domestic product based on purchasing-power-parity amounted to an estimated 16.52 percent. The EU GDP amounted to 13.92 trillion euros in 2014

lol buddy it was well reported that the world wasnt going to end. I cant think of a better way to say it lol

What isn't being reported is what is going to change from March 29th in the event of a deal and god forbid a no deal which is increasingly likely again after yesterday. I've seen stuff (and the rest here can likewise with simple searches) of the reams of changes with both a deal and no deal outcome. Am not listing them here as was accused of being naive the last time I did. The naivety is from those with their heads in the sand

I can actually see this going to a peoples vote on any deal and few weeks ago I wouldnt have dreamt of that scenario

Edited by Rawhide2

I've seen stuff (and the rest here can likewise with simple searches) of the reams of changes with both a deal and no deal outcome.

Wow. You've "seen stuff" that'll happen in the event of both Brexit scenarios without that even happening yet? This is impressive stuff. Please tell us all which of these sites that successfully predict the future that you're using because I'm most intrigued.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The way the negotiations are going, and what I perceive to be very negative treatment of the UK by the EU (some will say they brought it on themselves, but I say the EU brought it about due to intransigence), I just want to get out of their domineering clutches whatever comes! The UK will be offering free trade agreements to anyone else who wants to come too. :D And if they land on your shores, they are yours!

• Upvote 1

The way the negotiations are going, and what I perceive to be very negative treatment of the UK by the EU (some will say they brought it on themselves, but I say the EU brought it about due to intransigence), I just want to get out of their domineering clutches whatever comes! The UK will be offering free trade agreements to anyone else who wants to come too. :D And if they land on your shores, they are yours!

I have always been rooting for this but my pessimism about the elites sabotaging this has not lessened.

you posted on yahoo news

Flights to and from the UK

The UK government has laid bare how European-bound flights from the UK could be grounded in the event of a no-deal Brexit at the end of March 2019. The government said if it’s unable to reach a comprehensive Brexit deal with its European Union counterparts, UK-based airlines would have to seek permission each time they plan to fly from the UK to Europe. This would affect thousands of flights every month.

In an additional blow to air travellers, passengers flying long-haul with a stop off in an EU airport may have to go through security screening again when changing flights, including having bags re-scanned.

you posted on yahoo news

The UK government has laid bare how European-bound flights from the UK could be grounded in the event of a no-deal Brexit at the end of March 2019. The government said if it’s unable to reach a comprehensive Brexit deal with its European Union counterparts, UK-based airlines would have to seek permission each time they plan to fly from the UK to Europe. This would affect thousands of flights every month.

In an additional blow to air travellers, passengers flying long-haul with a stop off in an EU airport may have to go through security screening again when changing flights, including having bags re-scanned.

Each and every time? Really? So similar to say Turkish Airlines flying to a multitude of European destinations daily, I wish BA could do as well!

Strange, whenever I go via Frankfurt, I've always had to go through another security check.

In fact nearly got arrested last time, because I forgot I had a bottle of water in my hand luggage.

I heard today there is a call for a new Brexit vote with a choice for remaining in the EU.

Perhaps this topic is jumping the gun. They are never going to let you out.

So if there is a new vote and the result is to remain, shall we say best out of 3 and have another one?

Or add the results to those of the previous one and see where that takes us?

Or do we include the result of 1975 and say 2 out of 3 has been achieved?

(Despite the fact that a high proportion of those that voted then are likely dead now!)

On the fence Corbyn is actually pushing to remove the Government over this, rather than committing to either support Brexit or support remain! That would make a right mess of the country... a country fed up of referendums and General Elections! That is why Corbyn and many current UK politicians worry me now, pushing their own agendas, rather than doing what is best for the UK. A little 'put the UK first and politics second' (like in WW2) is what is needed, and get on with the job!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2

So if there is a new vote and the result is to remain, shall we say best out of 3 and have another one?

Or add the results to those of the previous one and see where that takes us?

Or do we include the result of 1975 and say 2 out of 3 has been achieved?

(Despite the fact that a high proportion of those that voted then are likely dead now!)

On the fence Corbyn is actually pushing to remove the Government over this, rather than committing to either support Brexit or support remain! That would make a right mess of the country... a country fed up of referendums and General Elections! That is why Corbyn and many current UK politicians worry me now, pushing their own agendas, rather than doing what is best for the UK. A little 'put the UK first and politics second' (like in WW2) is what is needed, and get on with the job!

It is what scares me about so called democracies, even mine.

you posted on yahoo news

What I highlighted in the OP but was accused of being naive lol and watching too much sky news

Wow. You've "seen stuff" that'll happen in the event of both Brexit scenarios without that even happening yet? This is impressive stuff. Please tell us all which of these sites that successfully predict the future that you're using because I'm most intrigued.

Take the time to read it up yourself as I have done but nevertheless you wouldnt have had the opportunity to post this message if I hadnt put up the OP in the first place another which you ranted as rubbish, but yesterday proving quite the opposite.

Take the time to read it up yourself as I have done but nevertheless you wouldnt have had the opportunity to post this message if I hadnt put up the OP in the first place another which you ranted as rubbish, but yesterday proving quite the opposite.

Siam Sam is generally one of the more decent guys here. After you get past 200 posts you will have undoubtedly sorted it all out.

• Upvote 1

Looking from the outside now I'm amazed by the Quitter Brits (e.g. on "Question Time" from Dewsbury last night) who have adopted a "head-in-the-sand ostrich attitude" since June 2016, despite all that has been learned by EVERYONE (incl. Boris, Liam, Jacob, David, et al) since then - borne out by the recent Govt. Technical Advisories.

It seems to me, that entrenched attitudes ("I voted ....., and I CAN'T have been wrong") are the order of the day.

My old Mum asks me "Why can't the EU just be nice?", citing two world wars etc., but she's 84 and didn't vote. A quick read of article 50 says why - but I don't browbeat her with it. No bloke in the UK under 76 years old did National Service, so where is all this good-old-days let's-all-go-down-with-the-ship-singing-Rule-Britannia island mentality coming from? Feed people on shit and keep them in the dark (apparently NOT how mushrooms are grown)?

I've never ever been big on Schadenfreude but a part of me wants to see 'No Deal' to see what happens.....

No flights (aha! On topic!). Brits buying decent inflatables, lifejackets and outboards for Kent to Nord-Pas de Calais, then trading them on the beach at Dieppe with UK-bound refugees in a never-ending shuttle? The British have landed....(better outcome than in 1942).

The famous football-terrace jibe "In your Liverpool slums" (where our son lives), people looking in dustbins and a dead rat could be a treat?

If anything bad happens blame it on the "Jeermeunz"....

Anyway, back to where-chchchchch....

Andy Cap

Edited by capdagde

If it should happen, it will cut both ways - Europe based airlines will need permission to fly into and out of the UK.

I think that there are may more of them.

The bureaucrats would love it (more paper to shuffle), but the EU politicians would find themselves being heavily lobbied by some of their own powerful interests.

This Brexit hoohah could be settled so quickly with a few deft strokes. The UK has to get tough and play its aces:

1. Instruct the Irish to leave the EU as well - border problem sorted

2. Threaten Eire and the rest of the EU with an export ban on Scotch whisky if they cause any more difficulties - better than sending a gunboat in these PC times, the equivalent of starving them into submission, and will distract the ScotsNats with distiller's droop.

Thank goodness I studied at the Salman Rushdie College of Public Relations, things become so clear ..

By the way, he's about to publish a new book entitled "Buddha the Big Fat Pig". Another "Fat-Wa" coming his way, perhaps.

• Upvote 1

This Brexit hoohah could be settled so quickly with a few deft strokes. The UK has to get tough and play its aces:

1. Instruct the Irish to leave the EU as well - border problem sorted

2. Threaten Eire and the rest of the EU with an export ban on Scotch whisky if they cause any more difficulties - better than sending a gunboat in these PC times, the equivalent of starving them into submission, and will distract the ScotsNats with distiller's droop.

Thank goodness I studied at the Salman Rushdie College of Public Relations, things become so clear ..

By the way, he's about to publish a new book entitled "Buddha the Big Fat Pig". Another "Fat-Wa" coming his way, perhaps.

555 Puuya Baan !

Let them drink Irish! If there's no food on the shelves at least the Brit populace will be able drown their sorrows with Scotch and all those artisanal gins....!

Still nobody got a plane ticket post-29th March?

Andy le Cap

I asked you to direct me to the sites that will tell us all what is going to happen in the event of both Brexit scenarios and you come back with this. Are you going to substantiate anything you have to say with any evidence or fact on this matter or are you just going to carry on as you are?

Still nobody got a plane ticket post-29th March?

Andy le Cap

Yes. I've just booked with KLM for a long weekend in Amsterdam at the end of March.