Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

No deal Brexit and flights in and out of UK

More meat on the bones provided by Martini9946. Some really need to get their heads outa the sand in the event of a no deal. Reading summaries of the weeks dailies yesterday and any potential deal is quite likely to be voted out

Tough times coming

Tough times was WW 2 and the aftermath!

This is a setback!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone recall the Y2K doom and gloom? Computers will crash and the world will come to an end. Turned out it was all BS and only a few very trivial hiccups. I suspect BREXIT to be the same. All

You won't find any. Nor will you find any reliable ones that prove how it won't work. It concerns something that has never occured before and hasn't even happened yet. You can attempt to predict, expl

Good post and you kind of took the words right out of my mouth. I really can't be bothered to argue with the remainers these days so rarely bother. Let's just see what happens and see how arrogant and

Posted Images

Tough times was WW 2 and the aftermath!

This is a setback!

Only working class people who got to fly in WW2 were fighter and bomber pilots, bomber crew, glider pilots and parachutists - a fallback plan?

Rationing for only 9 years afterwards.

Ah, Winston: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

https://richardlangworth.com/democracy - FN

Voted him out at war's end, back in 5 years later......

I lied about it being my last post - it's so fashionable.

Edited by capdagde

Only working class people who got to fly in WW2 were fighter and bomber pilots, bomber crew, glider pilots and parachutists - a fallback plan?

Ah, Winston: "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

And they didn't need to get permission from the Germans, and the French were on no position to complain!

I love liars. Please don't stop. You are always entertaining.

Anyone see the piece done for the rolling BBC news yesterday. Am guessing it will be repeated

Jesus wept in the event of a no deal my OP on travel can be multiplied by 10 . Absoutely savage situations for all types of travel in the event of a no deal

Interviewing a Eurostar employee who when asked what do you expect to happen answered "God alone knows" as to using the service lol

If this goes to a vote in Parliament the amount of dissenters is literally 100% going to throw out any Theresa May deal utterly certain as well. Dont book (if you can) any form of travel across the borders for at least a month after 28th March onwards

Edited by Rawhide2

Anyone see the piece done for the rolling BBC news yesterday. Am guessing it will be repeated

Jesus wept in the event of a no deal my OP on travel can be multiplied by 10 . Absoutely savage situations for all types of travel in the event of a no deal

Interviewing a Eurostar employee who when asked what do you expect to happen answered "God alone knows" as to using the service lol

Oh my good god. The BB fucking C? Eurostar employees? Well as long as they tell us how it's going to be I'm sure that's exactly what'll happen. :lol: Are you for fucking real? Do you also believe what you read in the Daily Mail? Or what they tell you on Fox News? I have asked you several times in this thread to substantiate any of the nonsense that you have posted and some evidence to back up the things "you've seen" that'll prove what happens when we leave the EU and the best you can do is comeback with, at best, nothing but total conjecture and, at worst, what you've heard from the BBC, Eurostar employees and this phantom website that you've seen that can successfully predict the future, knowledge of which we're still waiting for you to enlighten us with. I think it's safe to say that whatever anybody who has posted in this thread thinks about Brexit they're not listening to you and it's only you attempting to keep the thread alive with the absolute bollocks you're posting.

Edited by Siam Sam

Sam, why beat about the bush, tell him straight mate. I concur with your sentiments, the UK will not be isolated or towed out to sea and sunk when this palaver is over, a deal will be done and adjustments will be made for many years afterwards. The UK is too important a player to be bullied into submission by this cabal of people who want to abolish the nation state and destroy European culture with a view to world government. The wheels will not stop turning in April, money will continue to talk loudest and the doomsayers will be proved wrong.

• Upvote 1

I work in the Port industry, for my sins over 23 years now, dealing in Cargo not pax.

Let us work on the assumption that Air Cargo from the EU and shipped cargo from the EU are all subject to the same rules and regs (Customs etc). Which they are, apart from the flying hazardous shit and oxidising agents on aeroplanes stuff.

Given the somewhat large numbers involved regarding revenue it is not unreasonable to assume that certain plans are being made to expedite said foreseeable problems.

Streamlining the process, taking into account potential issues, checking, double checking and then checking again the potential problems, addressing problems that might not arise and even going back to the old "Trans Internationaux Routiers" or TIR system (you used to see the blue TIR plates on the front of Lorries back in the day) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TIR_Convention is a possibility as it offers an already exsisting method of transport which, with the introduction of a few new rules ratified by govt is still valid.

So ,the M25 wil become a lorry park?. - No it won't. TIR rules are effectively international law, ergo an EU member state can't refuse entry even if they wanted to. We just adopt them and go back to the old method (which worked pretty well).

All British planes will be grounded in the EU? - No, because by the very same reasoning that the EU would use, we would also use and effectively ground all planes from EU Countries in the UK. It's simple, if we don't meet their criteria for travel, by the very same logic, they don't meet ours, they simply cannot leave UK Airspace by way of the fact they do not meet the relevant EU criteria to fly in it. Imagine what Lufthansa, KLM, Air France et al might have to say about that, not withstanding BA is in partnership with Iberia anyway.

Thus, as we, in the "cargo" trade are making such plans, it is not beyond the realms of reality to think that the airlines are doing the same thing, but with a bigger budget and with bigger amounts at stake.

Given that dealing with people is somewhat slightly more complicated, it still stands to reason that there will be contingencies put in place. Can anyone honestly and truly think that UK and EU planes wil be grounded?. That's like us saying any Ship under an EU flag will be held quayside until it's sorted out. OK, let's see the reality. We hold onto the Emma Maersk , the cargo, the crew until they can leave Port under EU and agreed UK law. Fucking ridiculous. No, actually it's "ricockulous" which is a more extreme version. It won't happen, it'll never happen and anyone who thinks it will needs to get a reality check.

This is my problem with remainers. Despite the largest democratic vote in the history in the UK since I was "blackballed" for the Chantry high football team, instead of saying "Ok, let's try and solve these problems now that we are stuck with it" they're saying "Let's see if we can create more problems so we can gloat some more, despite us being lumbered with it anyway". it makes perfect sense, make life difficult when you are faced with the situation regardless. I thought they were supposed to be the "intelligent" ones?.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I say YES to this.....

SLASH AIR TAX Tory Brexiteers demand the Chancellor cuts air passenger duty in half to boost economy

APD has soared from just £10 in 1994 to £78 on one-way economy ticket for long-haul journeys.

The Sun

Edited by jacko

This latest fiasco over the Irish border is quite simply leading us to a no deal. Even if weak and wobbly May gets half a deal its going to be kicked out of parliament

Batten down the hatches lol

Donald Tusk ahead of tonights meal of EU leaders (except May) is quite blunt

"There are no grounds for optimism"

This latest fiasco over the Irish border is quite simply leading us to a no deal. Even if weak and wobbly May gets half a deal its going to be kicked out of parliament

Batten down the hatches lol

Donald Tusk ahead of tonights meal of EU leaders (except May) is quite blunt

"There are no grounds for optimism"

Our politicians have let us down,. For too many years they sat back and let Brussels wave the stick and now can do nothing themselves.

A sad state in Britain's time and i had such hopes for it.

Fuck em!

Edited by jacko

The Irish border, or shared desire not to have a 'hard' one, has always been the major stumbling block since negotiations began (see the brilliant exposition by O'Toole in the other thread), and is not the latest fiasco but an intractable problem. It's equally true that the 'Irish border' has never been anything 'hard', but instead a porous zigzag of over 200 crossing points ever since partition in 1921. It's not policeable and never has been, and both parties know it.

It's likely that the prices of world commodities will fall in GB+NI when it actually leaves the EU customs union, as it will no longer be obliged to impose EU tariffs on them. That will make them cheaper than in the Irish Republic, so smuggling will be rife and unpreventable. This is what the EU is worried about, but obviously it's of less concern to the Brits as it will be one-way. Illegal immigration to NI via Eire is however of more concern if Eire should fail to control arrivals by potential migrants passing through to get to NI and eventually England, now a non-EU country and therefore not of their concern. These are the key issues, one economic/fiscal and the other related to 'freedom of movement', which would cease at the 'Irish border'.

Both can surely be resolved with a little goodwill and less bureaucratic thinking - a no-deal is unthinkable despite the EU's posturing over the issue and the UK's refusal to accept a separate ruling for NI. The latter has a precedent, by the way, as GB's firearms legislation (specifically the banning of all privately owned handguns) does not apply in NI, where firearm certificates are issued as before the 1997 Act (I wonder why).

• Upvote 1