Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Best and worst flight experiences

Worst experiences.......

Flew Manchester to Tenerife on an Airtours holiday...... Luggage was delayed and they put us in a different hotel to the one we'd booked, then failed to pick us up from our hotel for our return flight!!!

Flying QR Nightmareliners, they're like sardine cans,,,, Hopefully won't have to fly another.... They've already upgraded DOH-EDI to the A350 , soon to be joined by DOH-MAN.

Best.....

A biz class upgrade on an Etihad A340-600 on only my second trip with them

Edited by TheFiend

Worst BA Business Class to Bangkok. Need one elaborate - B... Awful

I sympathize having recently done that both ways. One might think it can't get any worse, well tag on the shuttles to and from Manchester and you realize it certainly can!

I think my best flight experience was on a Continental flight back in 1986, from Sydney to Nadi (Fiji). The Flight was called 'The Pub' and had a bar in the middle of economy class, with bar stools, bar snacks, a good selection of drinks etc. The flight is only 4 hours. but as soon as the seatbelt lights went out, a large number of people migrated to the bar and the greatness of it was that we all introduced ourselves, enjoyed each other's company for around 2 1/2 hours, and went back to our seats for landing. It was great, and a couple of romances began right there. The flight continued to the States, but (unfortunately) I got off in Fiji. I never saw that flight again, as I think it amy have worked out to be too expensive for the airline.

One trip we were double bumped in SFO. United gave us vouchers for $1000USD each. We flew from Philly to Bali for free. When we got to Bali our hotel was fully booked with a Kia auto dealer convention. The only room available was a 5 room suite with our own butler. We stayed there for two weeks using hotel points. Only hotel room I'd be willing to stay in for the rest of my life. Best family vacation ever!

Best flights for me were 747 upper deck, BC. Like another poster stated, it's like having the entire plane to yourself. Shame they've been retired from passenger service, but I have to say the newer planes with lower altitude pressurization and higher humidity levels make for a much more comfortable long haul flights.

Worst was a US domestic flight. Guy next to me was so drunk the FA's refused to serve him. I called him out when he nicked a couple of bottles from the cart when the FA's weren't looking. Under different circumstances I wouldn't have gotten involved, but he was already a belligerent drunk and I could see it only getting worse. The guy then started into me verbally. When the FA's asked if I wanted to move, I looked directly into the guys eyes, smiled and said no thanks, if he gets too much on my nerves I'll give him a sedative by way of an elbow to his face. The threat worked as it shut him up for the remainder of the flight. Unfortunately for him, the flight crew had alerted airport police who promptly arrested him once we landed.

You just reminded me of a flight sat next to a Korean who absolutely reeked of garlic to the point of making me feel sick.

Best, China Airlines AMS-BKK, upgraded to First Class in the 747-400, excellent service.

Worst, prior to 9-11, coming back from Washington DC to Heathrow on a very old and full United 747-200.

I got the second jump-seat in the cockpit, the two pilots hardly spoke to the engineer under training and his mentor who were "clingons", very senior pilots who were not permitted to fly due to age but could re-train as engineers.

The seat was awful, the headset for the radio was bakelite with aluminium bands and a twisted cotton cord.

However, thanks to United Airlines' policy regarding having Air Traffic Controllers as guests, I only paid an admin fee of £15 for Heathrow-Washington-Denver return, they even allowed a stay in Colorado, so I had a 5 day skiing holiday in Winter Park.

I've had quite a few good and bad flights . . .

Good - way back in the early 80's, business class BA, London to Sydney. Nothing too memorable about the flight itself, but got on really well with the cabin crew. So much so they spoke to the Captain and I was invited into the cockpit for the landing in Sydney. Incredible experience, strapped in looking straight out the middle of the cockpit window as we approached and landed. No way that would happen today.

Good - flying back to London from Zurich. My Thai gf and I. Booked in business, checked in online, got seats 4A and 4B. Got to the airport, checked in bags and gave us new boarding passes with seats 6A and 6B. I told them I'd checked in online into 4A and 4B, the guy said I have no idea why they've changed. Bit odd I thought. Boarded the plane, we took our seats, nobody else at all in business. Even more odd. About 10 minutes before take-off I saw out the window 4 FBI-type guys in suits with earpieces and walkie talkies. WTF? They boarded, 2 sat in row 2, 2 sat in row 8. Then another guy walked up the steps, same dress code, carrying a bright red briefcase. Then realised this was some VIP and lo and behold 4 more guys surrounding Prince Charles walked across the tarmac, up the steps and boarded. Charles sat in row 1, the guys filled the remaining seats in rows 2 and 8. Interesting flight. Got talking to the bodyguards and had a few beers. I needed the bathroom before we landed, I asked the stewardess if I had to use the back ones, she said no, you can use the front. So walked passed Charles to the bathroom. As I came out, he looked up, said hi and we had a 5 minute chat. Very pleasant. He'd been skiing at Cloisters with William and Harry but explained they have to travel separately for obvious reasons.

Bad - worst flight for sure was Moscow to Pyongyang in 1981. Horrific plane, horrific service (they served one drink on take off, didn't see any staff until we landed after that) and the worst landing I've ever experienced. Came down with such a thud half the overhead bins opened up and spewed bags out. The start of the scariest 6 weeks of my life.

Edited by Britboy

Nope,when Eva moved BC to the first level they moved economy up. Traveled many times from SFO/SEA upstairs in a 747. Like being in your own small plane.

Agreed. I've flown on the upper deck many times and always enjoyed it (except the one flight on a JAL 747-400D as mentioned above).

However, when Boeing stretched the upper deck, starting with the passenger version of the 747-300, it became too large for first class and many, if not most, airlines made the upper deck another business class section and moved first class to the very front (nose) of the lower deck.

Edited by Samsonite

Agreed. I've flown on the upper deck many times and always enjoyed it (except the one flight on a JAL 747-400D as mentioned above).

However, when Boeing stretched the upper deck, starting with the passenger version of the 747-300, it became too large for first class and many, if not most, airlines made the upper deck another business class section and moved first class to the very front (nose) of the lower deck.

Upper deck, Business Class, window exit seats, loads of leg room. No issue getting past to the loo. Just a struggle to put stuff into the back pouch of the seat in front. My usual place, mostly KLM AMS-BKK and back.

Edited by jacko

Upper deck, Business Class, window seats, loads of leg room. Window seat , no issue getting past to the loo. Just a struggle to put stiff into the pouch of the seat in front. My usual place, mostly KLM AMS-BKK.

Jesus Jacko you are getting worse in your old days mate, "putting stiff into seat into pouch of the seat in front" - LOL

Jesus Jacko you are getting worse in your old days mate, "putting stiff into seat into pouch of the seat in front" - LOL

Edited....:D

Stiffies in the seat pouch are not allowed?

What's the statute of limitations?

:poke

A few inches less than I would be happy with.

Best - Last two business class flights on Emirates an A380 Sydney to Bangkok. Selected seat 23A both times which is the first window seat in the small aft section of 5 rows. It has a bulkhead in front so makes it feel like you are in a space all of your own. Only a few more steps aft and you are in the bar which is open for the entire flight. Service and food are excellent and the Sydney lounge is awesome.

• Upvote 1

Best - Last two business class flights on Emirates an A380 Sydney to Bangkok. Selected seat 23A both times which is the first window seat in the small aft section of 5 rows. It has a bulkhead in front so makes it feel like you are in a space all of your own. Only a few more steps aft and you are in the bar which is open for the entire flight. Service and food are excellent and the Sydney lounge is awesome.

Is it a direct flight KB?.

My brother is moving to Sydney and we are hoping to visit next year, the thought of going direct from BKK after spending a couple of days there is appealing (it'll be cattle class though as there's 3 of us).

Is it a direct flight KB?.

My brother is moving to Sydney and we are hoping to visit next year, the thought of going direct from BKK after spending a couple of days there is appealing (it'll be cattle class though as there's 3 of us).

Yes - Also on arrival in BKK if flying business you get a fast track pass and are entitled to a chauffeur driven Mercedes to your hotel (up to 60k's I think it is).