Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hilton or Avani (Marriott) which is better ?

I know this is in the wrong section , but this one gets the most traffic.

Only guessing but I think that there are dozens of internet sites better equipped to answer the question better than this forum. The vast majority of punters stay in much less splendid places. Sure, there are a few Hilton /Avanti punters but do you want to know about the beds, rooms, service, possible joiner fees, swimming pool, food or simply having a good time at a reasonable price?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

I know this is in the wrong section , but this one gets the most traffic.

It's in the right forum now.

A lot of members just click on 'new content' so they would see it in whatever forum it's in. However if we let everyone post everything in just one forum there would be no point in having separate forums, making it more difficult for searching.

KM

• Upvote 1

Hilton seems to be talked about more for good quality buffet meals. Both are well located right on Beach Rd, Both are located right by, or even part of, large shopping Malls, the Hilton being part of the largest in town (for now). The Hilton has it's own pub which is very popular. Can't be sure about joiner policies, one hears the 5 stars permit it but with discretion. The Avani is a much older building but last time I was there it was looking great. If you aren't driven by price I would lean towards the Hilton but take in more experienced comments than mine.

Both offer a haven from the Pattaya experience but mainly because they isolate you from it! Trying to make you think you could be anywhere.

Edited by jacko

I like the Soi13 area. I stayed at the Avani a few times when it was the Marriott. Comfortable, as someone mentioned you are almost in a cocoon. If you are taking a babe it makes sense. I usually stay at the Whitehouse Condotel.

Can cross 2nd, have the Avenue Mall, another block or two the Soi Buakhao. Or walk along Beach Rd to Walking St. 10 min walk, 15 stroll. Hilton is a much longer walk. Probably twice the time. Sometimes there is very bad traffic on Beach Rd. You can walk faster than the baht buses.

Have never stayed at the Hilton. Looks very nice. Has some very nice restaurants between it and the attached mall. Soi 7 beer bars close, closer to Soi 6, etc.

My preferences for Walking Street makes Soi 13 my preference.

Avani, It is between soi 13/2 and 13/3 (Pattayaland 1). Yes close stroll to Walking St.

I wouldn't think there was much difference between them for getting to say LK Metro. I like the use of the word cocoon as that seems to be what they try to do, and unless one loves the 5 star lifestyle and comfort, I would go with a more run of the mill hotel. They may be less splendid, but more than adequate, and probably 1/3rd the price and less.

Edited by jacko

Avani, It is between soi 13/2 and 13/3 (Pattayaland 1). Yes close stroll to Walking St.

I wouldn't think there was much difference between them for getting to say LK Metro. I like the use of the word cocoon as that seems to be what they try to do, and unless one loves the 5 star lifestyle and comfort, I would go with a more run of the mill hotel. They may be less splendid, but more than adequate, and probably 1/3rd the price and less.

Last time I checked the rates for the Hilton, I think it was about $189 US dollars per night. A lot of money for Pattaya, where you can stay at a nice guesthouse for $25.

• 3 weeks later...

I would guess to a certain extent on whether you had status with either chain. Diamond membership would typically get you a good upgrade ( often to a suite ), free breakfast for two and executive lounge access with free refreshments throughout the day and a light evening meal with drinks. With status i would choose The Hilton, without status probably Avani as The entry level rooms at Pattaya Hilton are a bit over priced.

Last time I checked the rates for the Hilton, I think it was about $189 US dollars per night. A lot of money for Pattaya, where you can stay at a nice guesthouse for $25.

I agree with you that Hilton Pattaya is over priced but with exchange rates being what they are i'm not sure how many nice guest houses you are going to find in the 750 baht ($25) range

I agree with you that Hilton Pattaya is over priced but with exchange rates being what they are i'm not sure how many nice guest houses you are going to find in the 750 baht ($25) range

Have a walk up Soi Lengkee and the market end of Soi Buakhao perhaps you will be surprised.