Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

New Head of Immigration....

I renewed my yearly retirement extension to stay yesterday in Nakhon Phanom, there was a big new sign saying “no tips please”.

I was in and out in less than 20 minutes, good service with a smile.

Regards.

I had a similar report from Pattaya, although you have to pick it up the next day.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Hello John, There have been no reports of any requirement for Embassy income letter to be certified by a bank -- also, doesn't make any sense as the banks have nothing to do with it." This is

If it is what you need to live here anyhow, perhaps not as onerous as one might think. Yes it has to sit there above 800k for 90 days before the extension renewal, but then you can start using it and

I've been doing it for 11 years.......Why shouldn't others?????????????????

I’ve heard from a horse’s mouth that some visa companies will have a favored status and remain open and all services will remain available.

Nudge and Wink

Wink's as good as a nod to a blind bat.

Thanks for the heads up.

Is there any offices that will do the retirement visa without having 800K in a thai bank? Or recommend one. I don't really want to deposit $25,000 U.S. in a thai bank.I always used the notorized income letter from the embassy. Always had enough income to live on 65,000 baht a month. So no problem then. After 15 years living here. I usually withdraw cash when needed from my ATM card from the states. No problem. If you get a statement from Social Security, 401 annuity and from Office of Personnel Office on line and print them. Would they accept them??? They wouldn't be notorized, just printed.

Is there any offices that will do the retirement visa without having 800K in a thai bank? Or recommend one. I don't really want to deposit $25,000 U.S. in a thai bank.I always used the notorized income letter from the embassy. Always had enough income to live on 65,000 baht a month. So no problem then. After 15 years living here. I usually withdraw cash when needed from my ATM card from the states. No problem. If you get a statement from Social Security, 401 annuity and from Office of Personnel Office on line and print them. Would they accept them??? They wouldn't be notorized, just printed.

We aren't sure what immigration will accept in lieu of income letters at the moment....

As to your initial question, probably, but I don't know of a specific one, I use the bank deposit. Others may answer although that would not be discreet.

A Google search may be a simple answer then a phone call!.

Edited by jacko

Of course, notarization means nothing in this context, anyway. What's needed is some clarification from the Thai authorities as to how, exactly, one can "prove" his monthly income. I suspect that most people have the monthly income, it's just a matter of proving it to the satisfaction of the proper officials.

It would be nice if retirees could deal with this business once every 10 years, not once a year. Malaysia has the right idea. Apply to the program and if you're accepted, you get a visa good for 10 years and you can come and go.

Of course, notarization means nothing in this context, anyway. What's needed is some clarification from the Thai authorities as to how, exactly, one can "prove" his monthly income. I suspect that most people have the monthly income, it's just a matter of proving it to the satisfaction of the proper officials.

It would be nice if retirees could deal with this business once every 10 years, not once a year. Malaysia has the right idea. Apply to the program and if you're accepted, you get a visa good for 10 years and you can come and go.

Wouldn't it just, and certainly worth 10x1900 baht!

Edited by jacko

Wouldn't it just, and certainly worth 10x1900 baht!

19,000 baht for ten years it would be worth it. They should even think or have some consideration that you got the visa extension for 10 years or more already.

It seems unlikely that they would accept those, Immigration can't be expected to understand assorted documents from assorted countries, or to know which are genuine. Sorry.

It seems unlikely that they would accept those, Immigration can't be expected to understand assorted documents from assorted countries, or to know which are genuine. Sorry.

Exactomundo

If the relevant embassies are throwing their hands in the air at their inability to verify, how do you expect immigration to bottom it out?

Its akin to the revolving door of "everyone must have insurance" who in this instance will have the expertise to qualify who has qualifying insurance? A Swampy brown shirt with his rubber stamp and more medals than Idi Amin? That would be interesting :lol:

Social Security or. Government pension is as secure and predictable as it gets. I think it’s the other forms of income people might have that would cause all the problems. Rents, stock dividends, etc. Those can change at any time.

Social Security or. Government pension is as secure and predictable as it gets. I think it’s the other forms of income people might have that would cause all the problems. Rents, stock dividends, etc. Those can change at any time.

The current UK State Pension alone, £159.55 a week I believe, would be well short of the amount required to get an extension based on retirement, it is a touch short for a married to a Thai extension! Some get less, as living in Thailand they may not be entitled to some past increments. It is all problematic.

Edited by jacko

The current UK State Pension alone, £159.55 a week I believe, would be well short of the amount required to get an extension based on retirement, it is a touch short for a married to a Thai extension! Some get less, as living in Thailand they may not be entitled to some past increments. It is all problematic.

I certainly know nothing about how state pensions work in the U.K. Everyone gets the same amount? In the USA, Social Security is based on your past earnings. Ditto for government pensions or military retired pay. Some people do more than OK.

• Upvote 1

19,000 baht for ten years it would be worth it. They should even think or have some consideration that you got the visa extension for 10 years or more already.

How does the fact that you had an income for 10 years guarantee that you have it the next year?

Sendt fra min WAS-LX1 med Tapatalk

How does the fact that you had an income for 10 years guarantee that you have it the next year?

Government pensions and the like are.more or less a sure thing, until you die. Maybe not so with other kinds of income.

Government pensions and the like are.more or less a sure thing, until you die. Maybe not so with other kinds of income.

Yes. That seems reasonable.

But that what not what was "requested". It was that if you had documented several years of sufficient income earlier (as an expat) that should be taken into account.

Yes. That seems reasonable.

But that what not what was "requested". It was that if you had documented several years of sufficient income earlier (as an expat) that should be taken into account.

I don't see where immigration has defined what will be acceptable to them to prove sufficient income to live retired in Thailand and be issued an extension. We did go off on a tangent discussion of what Malaysia did and about getting a ten year stamp. In the realms of fantasy at the moment.