Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi guys , Im being swayed by my latest girl to book at lek

I allready booked dynasty but its a free cancellation..

Problem bieng i wont be with her 24/7 and I know dynasty is guest friendly if I was to take a ST back whilst she works etc , it also offers quite a few bht per night saving etc

So any one been , recommended or not etc

Over to you guys .... cheers

Stick with Dynasty, why does the girl want the Lek, not a particularly good hotel, old building is ancient?

Hi guys , Im being swayed by my latest girl to book at lek

I allready booked dynasty but its a free cancellation..

Problem bieng i wont be with her 24/7 and I know dynasty is guest friendly if I was to take a ST back whilst she works etc , it also offers quite a few bht per night saving etc

So any one been , recommended or not etc

Over to you guys .... cheers

Sounds like you want to play with fireworks if you're taking a short time back to a room your staying in with your latest girl.... You could always find a short time place to have some extra-curricular fun in...

I wouldn't stay at the Lek Hotel as it's a bit of a dive, I concur with those that say find another place other than your own hotel if you want some short times as it's too much of a risk to take girls back to your hotel if your girlfriend is going to stay there. It's almost certain that she'll know another girl has been there as girls have a habit of leaving things behind that are difficult to remove all trace off such as hair and the smell of their perfume. Take it from me - don't take that risk!

Edited by Siam Sam

Hi Siam is it any more of a dive than dynasty ,

As I can live with the dated dynasty ,-all I reqi is a clean quiet room when I have had enough of the noise ...

No pool at the dynasty

Joe

No pool at the dynasty

Joe

Is there not still a little one up on the roof?

The Lek was my hotel of choice many many years ago, (I mean like 1980s, 1990s ) when I was cheaper and less discerning. The rooms were small but functional, staff always fine. The pool area was smallish but okay, often full of bloody kids that came from heaven knows where in a known monger hotel. Parking for the bike at the pool side and great location on soi 13. Stagger back from The Wonderful Bar which was a common hit for me. Nowadays there is a 'newer' building and underground car park accessible from the other side. I stopped there one NYE some years back, not great, but it was a last minute thing. It is well known for it's breakfast and dinner buffet, but I was more concerned about the hygiene of it. If the place has started accommodating Chinese (unlikely as not Chinese owned) or those coming from the 'sub-continent' I would avoid it.

Edited by jacko

I have a similar experience to Jacko with the Lek. Good location but after one stay I never went back. The rooms on the lower floors were ho hum and the breakfast was never hotter than lukewarm. The pool is hit and miss but I spent some reasonably happy hours there. There will have been changes but the one thing that I recall was that the better rooms were on the highest floors on the pool side. Best luck!

My experience with Lek is from about 5 years ago when breakfast was quite good, but the rooms poky with no safe and no fridge. Rooms near 2nd Road were starting to get noisy too, and may be noisier now. Perhaps your girl likes Lek because it is better than to what she has previously experienced (?) Surely there are much better rooms for around the same price, and close by. Lek was guest friendly, and I assume it still is but, if you take another girl back to your room when your are booked in with your regular girl, the female staff will frown on you a bit and may even tell your girl, particularly off she has made friends with them.

My experience with Lek is from about 5 years ago when breakfast was quite good, but the rooms poky with no safe and no fridge. Rooms near 2nd Road were starting to get noisy too, and may be noisier now. Perhaps your girl likes Lek because it is better than to what she has previously experienced (?) Surely there are much better rooms for around the same price, and close by. Lek was guest friendly, and I assume it still is but, if you take another girl back to your room when your are booked in with your regular girl, the female staff will frown on you a bit and may even tell your girl, particularly off she has made friends with them.

The rooms in the old building, most were fitted with a small safe with a magnetic key rather than a combination. I seem to recall there were also individual deposit boxes in reception. The magnetic key was not the best solution for me as you had to try and hide it when you had a guest! Yeah they were small rooms. It used to take ages for the AC to cool the room.

• The staff will almost always rat you out. If they are friends with you girl they'll rat you out for sure. If they are not friends with your girl they'll rat you out so as to cause her loss of face.

Hi Siam is it any more of a dive than dynasty ,

As I can live with the dated dynasty ,-all I reqi is a clean quiet room when I have had enough of the noise ...

I haven't stayed at the Dynasty so couldn't comment. A friend was staying in the Lek back in 2006 and it was rough then so unless they've had a major refurbishment since then I wouldn't bother. I was staying in the Tim Bar back then which wasn't much better but I do remember that the rooms had whirlpool baths and large mirrors on the ceiling above the beds which was fun.

• The staff will almost always rat you out. If they are friends with you girl they'll rat you out for sure. If they are not friends with your girl they'll rat you out so as to cause her loss of face.

Yes there's always that as well, Thai people can be very spiteful in that respect whether they know your girl or not. I took the risk years ago and will never do it again.