Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Hi all It's been awhile since I stayed 3 or more months so not up on any new regs , but I used to get a 90 day non imm b visa are these still available. I am 67 when I get there next year. Any advice would be helpful as I emailed the Thai consulate in London and got no reply.

Check out the embassy website...

Link

A non-Imm B would suggest you plan to do business or work, I suspect it more likely you mean O.

Yes Non-Imm O gives 90 days and can be obtained based on retirement (with State Pension).

Depends on how long you really expect to stay, a single entry tourist will give 60 days, with an extension for 30 more, also 3 months.

Edited by jacko

Yes correct not B but O. I am sure I remember getting a 90 day visa for a 3 month stay and two 60 day visas with a visa run in between and a 14 day extension when I once stayed for 4 and a half months but I got a 90 day visa with no visa run or extension. this was around 10 years ago. From your post and my reading of the thai site it seems that the 90 day visa is no longer supplied.

I actually want to stay 3 months over the summer JUNE, JULY, AUGUST.

Yes correct not B but O. I am sure I remember getting a 90 day visa for a 3 month stay and two 60 day visas with a visa run in between and a 14 day extension when I once stayed for 4 and a half months but I got a 90 day visa with no visa run or extension. this was around 10 years ago. From your post and my reading of the thai site it seems that the 90 day visa is no longer supplied.

I actually want to stay 3 months over the summer JUNE, JULY, AUGUST.

Things have changed a good bit over 10 years!

You are correct a Non-Imm O permits a 90 day stay. The visa is also valid for 3 months.

For 3 months I believe a tourist visa (60 days) and either an extension or border run to get another month would work.

A Non-Imm O would also work..

For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000

Ah the good old easy days, I used to get a multiple Non-Imm O, valid for 1 year and a border run every 90 days and could stay a total of near 15 months.. It was straightforward to get, 100 quid from Hull consular office! No more....

The link I gave is quite comprehensive and explains things well.

Things have changed a good bit over 10 years!

You are correct a Non-Imm O permits a 90 day stay. The visa is also valid for 3 months.

For 3 months I believe a tourist visa (60 days) and either an extension or border run to get another month would work.

A Non-Imm O would also work..

For pensioner (aged 50 or over) : A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000

Ah the good old easy days, I used to get a multiple Non-Imm O, valid for 1 year and a border run every 90 days and could stay a total of near 15 months.. It was straightforward to get, 100 quid from Hull consular office! No more....

The link I gave is quite comprehensive and explains things well.

Yes the Non-Immigrant O visa if used to its full entitlement can allow you to stay in Thailand for 15 months. This is the visa I got last time and it cost me £125. I needed a copy of my wife's passport and our marriage certificate. I think I also needed to provide proof of my funds but as I remember, they weren't even interested in my bank statements. I applied at the embassy in London and my passport with the visa was ready to pick up the next day.

Edited by Siam Sam
  • Upvote 1

I just wanted a 90 day visa with no running around for extensions or visa runs as the visa runs of yesteryear were horrific days spent travelling far to fast with no entertainment and extensions are just a bind and a lost few hours that seem a bit pointless.

I just wanted a 90 day visa with no running around for extensions or visa runs as the visa runs of yesteryear were horrific days spent travelling far to fast with no entertainment and extensions are just a bind and a lost few hours that seem a bit pointless.

Well it isn't that bad. A Visa run can start at 6am and be done with at 3pm, albeit a white knuckle ride!.

Getting an extension isn't pointless, simply a few hours travelling to Jomtiem, 1900 baht and good for a month.

If you pursue a Non-Imm-O from UK let us know how it goes.

The Non-Immigrant O visa gives you stays of 90 days at a time and as jacko says you can extend that once at the post office which would give you approximately 4 months stay with no visa runs.

Well it isn't that bad. A Visa run can start at 6am and be done with at 3pm, albeit a white knuckle ride!.

Getting an extension isn't pointless, simply a few hours travelling to Jomtiem, 1900 baht and good for a month.

If you pursue a Non-Imm-O from UK let us know how it goes.

No it's not all that bad. I used it as an excuse to go to Cambodia alone for 2 weeks.

The Non-Immigrant O visa gives you stays of 90 days at a time and as jacko says you can extend that once at the post office which would give you approximately 4 months stay with no visa runs.

Can mail postcards at the same time :D

Edited by jacko

Question, re: 800,000 baht in a Thai bank and conversion of tourist visa to retirement extension while in Thailand.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this plan?

1. Obtain multiple entry tourist visa in th USA

2. Fly to Thailand and when I get ther and see that my bank account is all OK, Then have 800,000 wiwred to the account.

3. Stay in Thailand or one of the neighboring countries for at least three months.

4. Then the tourist visa converted at Jomtien immigration to a retirement extension.

5. Draw down the 800,000 during the course of the year, but see that it’s topped up to 800,000 or more three months before renewal.

Question, re: 800,000 baht in a Thai bank and conversion of tourist visa to retirement extension while in Thailand.

Does anyone see anything wrong with this plan?

1. Obtain multiple entry tourist visa in th USA

2. Fly to Thailand and when I get ther and see that my bank account is all OK, Then have 800,000 wiwred to the account.

3. Stay in Thailand or one of the neighboring countries for at least three months.

4. Then the tourist visa converted at Jomtien immigration to a retirement extension.

5. Draw down the 800,000 during the course of the year, but see that it’s topped up to 800,000 or more three months before renewal.

Have you checked out the extra requirements for a multiple as opposed to a single entry Tourist Visa. It may vary in the USA , but for UK it s listed as :-

Original bank statement of the applicant showing a balance of at least £5,000 (for 6 months) or a print out with official stamp of the bank

A letter from the applicant's employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy)

If you are self-employed, you self-assessment and a company registration document are required.

A photocopy of the confirmed air ticket to Thailand

A photocopy of the hotel reservation confirmation in Thailand

Not insurmountable but it may put some off.

The money 800,000, need only season for 60 days for a first time application, This means you could also arrive with a Single Entry Non_Imm O instead (getting a 90 day permission of stay). Then a conversion will not be required. Check that option out.

I am not familiar with the 'conversion' process from a Tourist Visa to a Non-Imm O. Not all offices can do this, At one point only Bangkok was allowed, but I now believe Jomtiem can do it also. You will need to have the money in a Thai Bank account when you apply for the conversion. When you do get the Non-Imm O Visa conversion (2000 baht) you will be given a 90 day permission to stay, BUT I don't know if it is dated from that day, or backdated to your actual last entry.

If you have concerns, visit Key Visa or equivalent and get their advice. Good luck.

Edited by jacko

Thanks Jacko. I’m on mY IPad and the quote function doesn’t seem to work too well. Anyway, my main goal is to put up with as little nonsense as possible.

Well each year I prepare my 'pack' to do my annual renewal of extension. They do seem to come up with something a little different each year, just another copy of something not needed last year. They also remove those items that they deem unnecessary, this year, but were asked for last! It perhaps gives them job satisfaction. But overall the process is quite easy, and we are blessed with efficiency in Jomtiem, relative to what I hear from those who deal with more provincial offices.

I hope to welcome you to the club of the blessed soon!

JS, , this would be my plan if they stop the income option. Have you considered simply the 0-A visa from Washington or others. $200 , a medical and background check. You have nearly 2 years . Thanks Jacko (explained in a separate thread}

Being 0500 and back from a bit of drinking i hope this is useful , maybe not.

Bill, I’ve thought about getting the O-A visa in the USA, but the medical and background checks, whatever that would entail, sounds like too much trouble. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me these days, but I’m not really in the mood for a lot of nonsense .