Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

The TM30 and Jomtiem.

Just a short report on a subject that causes confusion amongst many an Expat.

Me too!

Submitting a TM30, ie reporting to immigration where a foreigner is residing.

Firstly you might think you do it, done and dusted with, when you fill in the TM6 on arrival. No, not quite. If you go to a Hotel, Guest House and the likes they are required to do it, and great, they do it for you and online. What about condos, well the owner or house master should, but he may not want to, guess who the responsibility falls on, else you can be fined, yes Joe tourist.

The strict rule is it should be done within 24 hours (ridiculous, not everyone can put their life on hold and get to immigration at such short notice). If you go out and back into the country, or go stay in Bangkok for a few days, guess what, you are supposed to do it again!

Fortunately Jomtiem is a bit more realistic, and a long term Expat seems to be allowed to come and go without having to traipse in and out of Immigration after a shopping trip to Bangkok, or even a visit to dear old Ma in blighty, if he has his own place. Just the usual 90 day reporting and Extension renewals with re-Entry Permit, which are handled efficiently in Jomtiem.

But I had a friend come stay at my place... as the owner (housemaster) of my property I am required to submit a TM30 and had no idea what was needed. Some may say don't bother! I thought so too, but some other worrywart made me think otherwise. Perhaps he gets into a motorcycle accident or some other reasons that Immigration, or the police, were putting him under a spotlight. That spotlight would come my way when his address was asked of..

I armed myself with my passport, copies, a filled in TM30, copies of friend's passport and stamps and TM6 details, house book and anything else I could think of and went to immigration on a Friday afternoon. Stupid time you might think, but maybe not, remember you only have 24hrs to get it done, hands tied!

Nightmare, my ticket showed 50 people ahead of me, the counter/ room, area 10, was packed and people were queuing outside, I sat elsewhere watching the customer counter move one every 15-20 minutes as a solitary girl at a desk handled this bedlam. I sat there contemplating whether to just forget the idea.

I was pleased to see, as it got later, and maybe it being Friday afternoon helped here, by 3pm, there were now 3 ladies processing. It was moving along well, perhaps checks being less stringent. Numbers were thinning, but still substantial for TM30s.

My number called, be friendly and pleasant I thought. Things went smooth, TM30 form, copies of my passport and TM6 taken, my guest's similarly, my phone bill as proof of address. I was asked if I had copy of housebook, no but I had the original which was not looked at. A few questions about where I lived and how I 'owned' the property, done and dusted. I was then given a slip my friend is supposed to keep in his passport. I had been there 2 hours, but thankfully persevered.

If my old friend wants to visit next year, I shall tell the Mrs to pretend I have died!

Edited by jacko
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those using an agent, this new TM30 policy may not apply based on my experience today. Just back from having my photo taken at immigration and am happy to report I didn't get dinged for not f

FYI:  You need to submit your 90 day reports for the same address you specified on your last TM30, or they won’t accept it.

My understanding is that individual property owners can register on the website. Doubt this is going away anytime soon. I think it has been on the books for a long time. It was largely ignored bu

Posted Images

I made sure the realtor submitted my TM 30 and made copies. After i returned from the US last year i was fined 1600 thb at my 90 day because i did not check in within 24 hours after my return. I will be visiting again this week and returning in 3 weeks. I will stay in Bangkok for about a week when i return.

My plan was to report to Jomtien within 24 hours of return to Pattaya and show my hotel reservation. Does anyone know do i still have to do this? My fine is 1 year old so maybe things have changed? My adress has never changed.

I made sure the realtor submitted my TM 30 and made copies. After i returned from the US last year i was fined 1600 thb at my 90 day because i did not check in within 24 hours after my return. I will be visiting again this week and returning in 3 weeks. I will stay in Bangkok for about a week when i return.

My plan was to report to Jomtien within 24 hours of return to Pattaya and show my hotel reservation. Does anyone know do i still have to do this? My fine is 1 year old so maybe things have changed? My adress has never changed.

Bill, good feedback.

You do it until they tell you you do not need to! Although your hotel should actually do it.

I would never suggest you do not as I simply don't know for sure!

Edited by jacko

I'll continue with my plan to wander up there. Sorry to hear about your ordeal Jacko. Recently went to Jomtien on a Monday morning thinking "this is a bad idea". But completed the 90 day and an extension in an hour, returned the next day ,picked up the extension and a multi entry in less than an hour .No way to predict.

If you fly out of Dulles in DC there is a phone app showing wait times on both the north and south TSA areas

I rented a house from an old Thai widow for seven years in Nakhon Phanom. She wouldn’t report to immigration that a falang was renting her house as she was scared that she would be made to pay tax on the rental income. I also never reported where I was staying, never had a problem but realise that they are maybe a bit more on the ball these days.

Regards.

My first landlord ..French guy , showed no inclination at all to process the TM30 , and eventually I was able to get the documents from him,and do it myself at Jomtien. ..paid a late fine ,think 1600 bt ?? , which i deducted from my next months rent.

My current landlady ,Thai ( ladyboy :) )

Is keen to do it all correctly ,and registered within the first 24 hr of lease signing,and came back with the completed part ,to keep in my passport.

When I advised her I was going out of the country she insisted i let her know on my return date,and she will go to Jomtien again.

I told her dont bother, or even I can do it myself, but she said she was told she must do it if I leave ,and return .

All good .. Always nice to be on the right side of immigration rules.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I get the same impression, that if you've lived here a while and own your own condo, a trip to BKK and the hotel reports your stay there but Ive never reported returning.
Didn't go out of the country last year .....what are other home owners Jomtien experience when doing so?

When my son comes these days rather than muck in together I book a condo for him. I ask the condo owner to get the slip he needs he can have the hassle.

With all this in mind, my last hotel break was with a lady so I asked her to use her identity card for check in.

'I was never there your honour'.

Edited by atlas2

I've been living here for about nine years now. I make several trips each year outside of Thailand. Other than my landlady doing the initial TM30 report a few years back, I nor my landlady has ever notified immigration of my return to Thailand. To date this has presented no problems when I go for my annual extension to stay. The most recent one was two days ago.

If you fly out of Dulles in DC there is a phone app showing wait times on both the north and south TSA areas

I have often thought a live webcam of those customer counters would be useful. To check progress as I while away the wait in Simple Simon's or even a soi 6 (Jomtiem) MP.

I get the same impression, that if you've lived here a while and own your own condo, a trip to BKK and the hotel reports your stay there but Ive never reported returning.

Didn't go out of the country last year .....what are other home owners Jomtien experience when doing so?

Fortunately Jomtiem is a bit more realistic, and a long term Expat seems to be allowed to come and go without having to traipse in and out of Immigration after a shopping trip to Bangkok, or even a visit to dear old Ma in blighty, if he has his own place. Just the usual 90 day reporting and Extension renewals which are handled efficiently in Jomtiem.

Atlas

I own my own condo, and leave Thailand 5 or 6 times each year. I filed a TM30 once, but have not done so subsequently; I've had no problem with renewing my Retirement Extension.

My understanding is that the attitude of Jomtien Immigration is as set out by Jacko.

Cheers.

Baz

• Upvote 1

Thanks.......I go to renew my Retirement extension on Christmas mornings.......(if it's a week day)......The staff are lovely and dressed as Santas. More interested in selfies than being picky over the paperwork. But reassuring all the same...... thanks again.

Thanks.......I go to renew my Retirement extension on Christmas mornings.......(if it's a week day)......The staff are lovely and dressed as Santas. More interested in selfies than being picky over the paperwork. But reassuring all the same...... thanks again.

I believe my last day is Dec 26th, but I just fear leaving it so 'late'....

Edited by jacko

I believe my last day is Dec 26th, but I just fear leaving it so 'late;....

Christmas day just fits in the month before allowance for me......I agree I wouldn't like leaving it to the last day.......Pity could have had a San Miguel lite with you.

Christmas day just fits in the month before allowance for me......I agree I wouldn't like leaving it to the last day.......Pity could have had a San Miguel lite with you.

Usually in soi 6 :whistling:

"With all this in mind, my last hotel break was with a lady so I asked her to use her identity card for check in.

'I was never there your honour'. "

Atlas, i like this thanks. I have inadvertently started a LT relationship with a girl in Bangkok. My hotel bill was such i decided to get a condo there. I am not leaving Pattaya .Better for her close to work , i can come and go as i want. When i get back from US next month will put the condo in her name not mine.

I do so much like girls that go to work in the morning.

"With all this in mind, my last hotel break was with a lady so I asked her to use her identity card for check in.

'I was never there your honour'. "

Atlas, i like this thanks. I have inadvertently started a LT relationship with a girl in Bangkok. My hotel bill was such i decided to get a condo there. I am not leaving Pattaya .Better for her close to work , i can come and go as i want. When i get back from US next month will put the condo in her name not mine.

I do so much like girls that go to work in the morning.

Sure about this?

My Jomtien experience 10 days ago:-

Went to get a Residence letter to renew my driving licence, hich I first got 15 years ago when I was here on Non Imm O visas.

Lady on info counter said I had to do a TM30 report and gave me the forms.

I am on a tourist visa, I am a Philippine Resident here for 60 days and have only come on TV for the last 6 years

I filled in the form, waited at the TM30 counter and queried with the IO why I had to report. Yes she said, I definitely had to report. Gave me the paper slip and I went to get another set of photo copies for Residence Letter.

I am no wiser as to why I had to do this report.....

Jacko, you remind me of Cheshire Tom, Straight shooter , no bs. When you ask am if i am sure ?I listen A rental not buying.

Should i reconsider? Why.

What happened to CT? He stopped posting. Never met him and my loss.

I thought perhaps you had bought it, in which case due consideration!!!

No probs with a rental unless you pay a large slice up-front. ie security deposit and advance rent..

Although I fail to see the advantage, if your condo owner takes care of the TM30, no change, if he does not, I believe you personally will still have to take care of it..

(If she could do it for you, and it works, let us know as it is good feedback. I know some falangs who rent condos and take care of the non-Thai GF TM30 issue successfully in Jomtiem)

CT decided not to post here further.

Edited by jacko
  • 4 years later...
29 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Can somebody please remind me what a TM30 is used for nowadays? I thought it was cancelled ..

I think you're thinking of the TM6, which is no longer used.

Whenever you stay at a new address the landlord, hotel or guesthouse owner needs to report your stay via the TM30. It's their responsibility, but you'll get tagged for the fine if you go to immigration for an extension to stay and they find the TM30 has not been filed.

The problem has been some landlords refuse to do the TM30 leaving you to handle the report. It can be done in person at immigration, but for owners there is an online system they can use. What's new is immigration has reconginzed the need for an online system for guests to self-report.

Most would agree this is a redundant requirement as we're already doing a 90 day report of our address. Bureaucracy at its best.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Whenever you stay at a new address the landlord, hotel or guesthouse owner needs to report your stay via the TM30. It's their responsibility, but you'll get tagged for the fine if you go to immigration for an extension to stay and they find the TM30 has not been filed.

The problem has been some landlords refuse to do the TM30 leaving you to handle the report. It can be done in person at immigration, but for owners there is an online system they can use. What's new is immigration has reconginzed the need for an online system for guests to self-report.

Most would agree this is a redundant requirement as we're already doing a 90 day report of our address. Bureaucracy at its best.

Thanks mate.... I am just a simple man leading a simple life.

Can this new system be used to report if you are staying in your own condo?
Which documents do you need for this?

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, Odense said:

Can this new system be used to report if you are staying in your own condo?
Which documents do you need for this?

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

Steps for reporting and the documents required in the link in my original post.

Reposting the link, but note if you click on English it'll take you to a page telling you the system goes live tomorrow. I used Chrome's translate feature to avoid the redirect.

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30Th/index.html

• Like 1