Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

what id do i need to carry

Hi i have just booked internal flights from Pattaya to Phuket for a few days in January what id will i need for check in is it the same as if i was flying back home ie passport and tourist visa ..Ian

Passport and tourist visa , have a nice trip ,

Joe

Hi i have just booked internal flights from Pattaya to Phuket for a few days in January what id will i need for check in is it the same as if i was flying back home ie passport and tourist visa ..Ian

Passport will work (you need to have it with you anyhow), visa irrelevant as only required for entry to Thailand. (presuming permission to stay still active)

I was of the belief that the visa had to stay with the passport. They used to be stapled but that seems to have stopped.

Passport will work (you need to have it with you anyhow), visa irrelevant as only required for entry to Thailand. (presuming permission to stay still active)

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

I was of the belief that the visa had to stay with the passport. They used to be stapled but that seems to have stopped.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

As far as I know a tourist visa is still stuck in the passport!

Sounds to me like you are talking about the TM6 card.

Yeah, I used to have the TM6 stapled in my passport, but the last 2 times it has been loosely placed in there - I still think I may lose it, so keep it in the little plastic folder that I keep all my other travel shit in, and then struggle to find it when I get to Swampy../..

The newer e-passports have a chip. They tend to be allergic to being stapled. Could be the reason why they no longer staple the TM6.

That doesn't seem to worry Immigration in Jomtiem.

The newer e-passports have a chip. They tend to be allergic to being stapled. Could be the reason why they no longer staple the TM6.

I had thought the chip was in the cover.

Not on the pages, the chip is in the cover. And of course you remove the paper and the staple when leaving before the immigration officer takes the passport.