Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Cheap as chips. Online check in is a bit shit, cant check in till 12 hours before on economy unless you buy a seat. They start at £20 .

Not tight with the drinks.

Lots of room in seats.

No usb charging point's on mine.

Id use them again.

• Upvote 2

Cheap as chips. Online check in is a bit shit, cant check in till 12 hours before on economy unless you buy a seat. They start at £20 .

Lots of room in seats.

Id use them again.

Would you define yourself as a price conscious consumer?

(I am more about comfort and convenience)

Thx for taking the time.

I just heard a positive report wrt China Southern of Y Class LHR-BKK via Guangzhou on 787... Does what it says on the can!

(No idea of price but knowing the guy would expect it to be competitive)

Edited by jacko

Yes jacko i like value for money.

Guess its a Yorkshire thing :)

First flight in a long time where i actually slept some. That was on the 10 hour leg to Mumbai. The 4 hour to bbk was a bus 3 3 seating and a lot of indians as could be expected. First leg was 4 2 4 so got a widow seat and had both seats to myself. Room to curl up and doze.

After ordering a few vodka cokes, guy made me a super strong one.. that was me done.. lights out.

• Upvote 1

I would be very careful booking with Jet Airways.

It's all over the net about their financial troubles - Google is your friend !

New Delhi SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

India’s biggest international airline plunged into further trouble on Thursday after one of its flights was turned back following an incident involving the cabin pressure system, just hours after it emerged the company had been raided by tax officials.

A Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had to return on Thursday morning after a loss in cabin pressure, resulting in dozens of passengers suffering bleeding from the nose or ears.The Directorate General of Civil Aviation said the crew of the Boeing 737 forgot to switch the pressure system on, while the company said it was taking the crew off active duty, pending further investigation.

Edited by jacko

New Delhi SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

India’s biggest international airline plunged into further trouble on Thursday after one of its flights was turned back following an incident involving the cabin pressure system, just hours after it emerged the company had been raided by tax officials.

A Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Jaipur had to return on Thursday morning after a loss in cabin pressure, resulting in dozens of passengers suffering bleeding from the nose or ears.The Directorate General of Civil Aviation said the crew of the Boeing 737 forgot to switch the pressure system on, while the company said it was taking the crew off active duty, pending further investigation.

1) Link between the tax officials and the "malfunction" anyone? Alarm switched off accidentally on purpose?

2) There must be a BM who can tell us if the 737 allows the crew to FORGET stuff...... ? Maybe a pre-war model?

Maybe ill be in town longer than planed lol

Don't fret, these planes usually only crash the once!

Sat on tarmac over 1hr now waiting a connecting flight then missed our slot to take off , only had 1.30hr in Mumbai to change over guess that will be gone when we land unless there are masses on here going on to the bkk flight !!!!

On the plus side if there is any I got a row too my shelf ..

Edited by accyboy

Lots of room in seats.

Id use them again.

That's all well and good but the chances are you'll be sat next to someone on one of the four flights that has poor personal hygiene. Not so great having to deal with that for seven hours.

Well we missed the connecting flight 6hr wait in Mumbai

Just landed in Pattaya now , next time Im stumping up

For one of the Middle East carriers ..

Jetair go for forth and multiply ....

Jet Airways are a terrible airline. I got sruck in Mumbai once too and their organisation of the airport is appalling. Never again.

Jet Airways are a terrible airline. I got sruck in Mumbai once too and their organisation of the airport is appalling. Never again.

I remember first time I went to Mumbai, stood in a dirty car park waiting for an airport-hotel shuttle sweating and being eaten alive.

Or was that Delhi..... same same!

Sorry to say, Indian organisation leaves a lot to be desired!

Edited by jacko

I remember first time I went to Mumbai, stood in a dirty car park waiting for an airport-hotel shuttle sweating and being eaten alive.

Or was that Delhi..... same same!

Sorry to say, Indian organisation leaves a lot to be desired!

Bombay airport, bloody hell. I landed there for the first time in 1997, they were still using Pentium 386's at immigration!. I made the mistake of leaving the building with my trolley and suitcase, 200 Indians trying to grab the handle to help me push it the 20 yards to my waiting driver (who, to his credit had specifically warned me against doing so).

After the bag went into the boot, cue 400 hands reaching out for a few rupees, they even followed the car down the road.

What a fucking dump.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Bombay airport, bloody hell. I landed there for the first time in 1997,

What a fucking dump.

Haha I think it was 1995 for me ..the plane disembarked onto the tarmac ,and we had to walk to the terminal ..

My ( chainsmoker ) wife , lit up on the walk .. I said WTF ! She just pointed to a group of workers smoking in the shade by the terminal building ..

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

I'd never heard of this airline until ex-wife booked it for my son in June........for the BKK London section of his Summer flight

On the treadmill at the gym a few weeks back and see some of it's financial problems.

I doubt I forget my phone more than twice a year...That was one of the days!! Rushed home quickly, sent her an urgent message to re-consider and a news report. She cancelled got her money back and about a week later books with Thai.

I said I'd pay half the extra......She said don't worry it was only 40 pounds.......???????

Hope she's learned a lesson....... Don't use shit cheapo airlines for our son that she wouldn't travel on to save 40 pounds...Which would only mean 20 pounds for her part.

I'm going to send her Gee Gee's link to Skytrax which seems a sensible precaution before any future booking. Though that assumes another cheap flight with a little known airline is being considered.

PS GEE GEE......sad for you over that loss last night. Great game, fair but rotten way to lose.

But come on Spurs in the Semi. 

Edited by atlas2
14 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Jet Airways - another one of Etihads investments gone wrong. They also invested in Air Berlin and Alitalia, both of whom went bankrupt!!!

You just reminded me that one had to take a close look at Etihad offers between Bangkok and Manchester, or else you got an extra step to Delhi.