Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

trying to recall a venue

Hi Chaps

I'm racking my brain on a place that a friend of mine took me to eat last year in Pattaya, the problem is he can't bloody remember the name of it either!. It is set back from the road a little bit, has numerous plastic / wooden tables outside and a toiler block on the left as you enter. It is quite a large area.

I think it's near the Big C, basically it's an open air dining place where you grab a table, and then go up and select your food , pile it up on a plate and cook it either over an outside BBQ provided and then over the table delivered cooker.

I can recall that in order to select your food you have to walk up some steps to an elevated platform where everything is under cover (like a big marquee), the BBQ pit is also on the platform and is used by everyone to BBQ the seafood.

It's one price , fixed per person with drinks on top.

Fairly sure it's second road area somewhere but bollocksed if I can recall.

virtual (or real) beer to anyone helping my grey matter become less grey and more matter....

Two places spring to mind. In the soi going North past what was the Big C on Second Road there are some places that the tour buses go to. As mentioned the Ninja is in Third Road on the right heading up the hill North. This is around the corner from Big C Extra. There are also places in Pattaya Tai near Big C as well so best of luck.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Nope, not Ninja, definitely.

My sense of direction is pretty shite, although I recall it being more central / Big C area, possibly between 2nd and 3rd rd.

From the description it sounds like this place on the soi that runs behind Big C from Klang to Pattaya Tai Nua.

Screen Shot 12-09-18 at 09.52 AM.jpg

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9421108,100.8911396,3a,29.8y,104.47h,97.37t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sGbp-1cvnKqzKSG3ADpq0tA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i34?hl=en

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Upvote 1

Have ya tried using Google maps,and see if you can find it from street view ?

Providing it is not newer than Oct 2012.

Klang to Nua.

Klang to Nua.

Thanks. Got my Tai's and Nua's reversed. Corrected the post.

BTW, the Street View of that location is from Jan, 2018. Some parts of Pattaya may be still from 2012, but the Google Street View car has been back since then.

Thanks. Got my Tai's and Nua's reversed. Corrected the post.

BTW, the Street View of that location is from Jan, 2018. Some parts of Pattaya may be still from 2012, but the Google Street View car has been back since then.

Yeah I just took a look at the back of BigC-X, might have been Carrefour when the view was recorded, :D

Ahh, absolutely spot on! That's the place.

Great sleuthing Forcebwithu. I was beginning to wonder how bad my memory was. I wasn't too far out with my "Big C" guess it seems. Thanks mate, much appreciated.

FWIW The food and prices there are very reasonable. Seems to be a Thai family favourite, especially at weekends.