Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Health insurance and Banks

What are the popular health insurance available for retiree and banks in Pattaya? Do they screen for pre-existing condition?

Ben, I know you've only recently joined, but have you thought of doing a search through the forums? A lot of what you'r asking has already been discussed many times before.

KM

What are the popular health insurance available for retiree and banks in Pattaya? Do they screen for pre-existing condition?

They do ask about pre-existing conditions, and in my case - a daily pill for high blood pressure for nearly 30 years - they told me that they wouldn't cover any heart or circulatory issues. In addition they wouldn't discount the insurance premium for the reduced coverage, so I chose to self insure. I keep enough to cover a severe health event in a Thai savings account that doesn't have an ATM card attached. That also makes annual retirement extensions easy, as I always have more than enough seasoned funds in that account to satisfy immigration.

For banks I've only used Kasikornbank, and have accounts in Pattaya, upcountry where I used to live, and Rayong where I live now. Very convenient online banking and always helpful staff when I need to visit a branch.

The banks don't so that 1/2 of the question is safe for you.

Quick question as you're new, have you actually been to Pattaya or Bangkok?

Edited by Grandpollo