Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Top end alternatives to the Avani ?

The Avani is messing me around with the corporate long stay rate for 2019 and as my upcoming trip straddles New Year, they are trying to get me onto a regular rate for 2019 until I arrive and sign the 2019 agreement. Of course, I'd rather know what the hell their proposed rate is for 2019 first !!!

Hilton is out, too long a stay for that place (27 days but could split in two if absolutely had to) and to be honest, I've been back at the Avani for so many years now that I've not kept touch with other developments.

Not worried too much about price, but I do want value of sorts. Decent pool, quality place etc.

Ideas ?

I should add that I expect free fast internet.

Edited by torrenova

Obviously Holiday Inn.

I believe the Dusit has been renovated too and could again be a contender.

HH is nice, I have stayed there and they serve a great breakfast, but I found it to be just too far from everything. It is very viable if you are bringing sand to the beach.

torrenova, can I ask the question, why is a pool important to you in Pattaya? I go further south when I"m looking for sun and water. Edited by short

Hard Rock higher end rooms are good and the pool is one of the largest and arguably best in town.

For a smaller vibe there's Wave but I don't like the pool there ... to close and exposed to Beach Road riff raff.

• 3 weeks later...

im not sure if you would classify Acqua hotel as top end but it certainly is up there with the premium bunch in my experience, very clean and modern rooms especially with the executive deluxe.  I think only been open for a couple e of years  The pool is relatively small but in my experience always quiet.  The buffet breakfast is very good in my opinion, even the girls enjoyed the breakfast and complemented that it is very good thai food.

• 8 months later...
On 12/10/2018 at 12:11 AM, short said:

HH is nice, I have stayed there and they serve a great breakfast, but I found it to be just too far from everything. It is very viable if you are bringing sand to the beach.

torrenova, can I ask the question, why is a pool important to you in Pattaya? I go further south when I"m looking for sun and water.

Lazy days, passing the time, some exercise, I like poolside in a good location.

Can't be too crowded or just rows of chairs with 5cm between you and your neighbour.

Good service, charge to account etc.

Back again in a few weeks. 

Didn't stay elsewhere the last time, or the time before or before that ! It just delivers for me on so many levels.

I "want" room service 24/7 and maid service 24/7. I don't want to have to argue or get serviced at their schedule. Fuck that, I'm dictating when.

I could save 50% to 75% by going elsewhere which would be great when compared with Bt1000 places but the Hilton charges more and delivers less and others are either too far away or can't deliver IMHO.

• Like 1

How about the Dusit? I hear it has been refurbished so the tired appearance should have been lifted. Always found the service pretty good there, on the Exec. floor. Haven't stayed for a spell though, last time I looked the refurb had given the prices quite a bump up. 

If it doesn't work out drag your cases across the street to the Holiday Inn. 

Edited by jacko
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 2:31 AM, nkped said:

Avani Fitness Center closed on 31 July.

Thanks for the heads up. I just received this email response to my enquiry.

Greetings from Avani Pattaya Resort!

Regarding to your e-mail, we would like to inform you that Avani Pattaya Resort had ceased its operations of the AvaniFit fitness centre since 31 July 2019.

If you wish to use Jetts fitness centre, at the Second road end, of the Royal Garden Plaza Mall, adjacent to the hotel. Please feel free to collect your complimentary membership card, which is valid for the duration of your stay, from the Front Desk. Please enjoy this 24 hour amenity, at your leisure.

Look forward to warmly welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Best Regards,

On 12/9/2018 at 8:38 AM, torrenova said:

The Avani is messing me around with the corporate long stay rate for 2019 and as my upcoming trip straddles New Year, they are trying to get me onto a regular rate for 2019 until I arrive and sign the 2019 agreement. Of course, I'd rather know what the hell their proposed rate is for 2019 first !!!

Hilton is out, too long a stay for that place (27 days but could split in two if absolutely had to) and to be honest, I've been back at the Avani for so many years now that I've not kept touch with other developments.

Not worried too much about price, but I do want value of sorts. Decent pool, quality place etc.

Ideas ?

I should add that I expect free fast internet.

What's the place called that's past the far end of Walking Street?  I've never stayed there, but it might be worth looking in to.  Otherwise, it seems like you want everything, even though you're in Pattaya.  You can't always get what you want. I still haven't tried the Hilton, but that might be the best you can find, if you don't like the Avani.  

1 hour ago, js007 said:

What's the place called that's past the far end of Walking Street?  

Siam Bayshore?

1 hour ago, jacko said:

Siam Bayshore?

That's it, but I don't have any first hand knowledge.  I just know that, in Pattaya, the options are limited, if you want an expensive hotel.  Personally, I'd look for diamond in the rough.  Some small, inexpensive place that might be just the ticket. I'm sure that can be found.  If all you want, is maid service on demand, why not ask for it, in advance?  I know I hate the problem as well.