Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pattayatalk.com Board Upgrade Notice - Saturday December 15

Good points all.

I do not know what Pete's original intention was, but considering the nature of the forums I strongly suspect it was not intended to portray talking. in any case, for the immediate time being its what we have to work with, until I pay another designer to give it another go. I am terrible with graphic design. give me a good coding issue and I can fix it no problem... but I'm, afraid my stick figures are not recognizable as stick figures when it comes to drawing of any kind lol.

I am prepping the servers for the upgrade now. I plan to start it in the next couple hours.

As an idea, how about having a forum competition to design a new logo? Saves you having to pay someone and a bit of fun for those of an artistic bent!

By the way, I'm in the Frosty school of drawing, so unfortunately I wont be entering!!

KM

As an idea, how about having a forum competition to design a new logo? Saves you having to pay someone and a bit of fun for those of an artistic bent!

By the way, I'm in the Frosty school of drawing, so unfortunately I wont be entering!!

KM

I would be all for that. Will take it up after the upgrade. Doing the initial file transfer now. Once its done, I will have to shut down this website and do it again, updating only changed files (one of the steps I am doing to speed up the transfer process, since doing a full file transfer takes almost 3 hours).

I expect this site to go down in a hour or less.

Hopefully we will be back up before the sun :)

Congrats on getting it up and running Frosty! :thumbup

Edited by jacko

First kinda major issue has arisen. 

Tapatalk is not working. I have identified the problem, but its not one I can fix. I have opened a support ticket from tapatalk and anticipate a speedy solution. 

On 12/14/2018 at 12:42 PM, frostfire said:

Ok, now we're getting somewhere. Can't decide which looks better on the site tho. The colored one may be "too much"... but the white one makes the mouth look over-colored. Thoughts anyone?

Pattaya Talk_colored_Transparent.png

The white background one will look like this (had to screenshot it from the test forum, since this page has a white background and you cant see it here)

Capture.PNG

The size of the logo may be a little big. Depending on how big I make the text, sometimes the L and K letters obscure the Create and Notification fields.