Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

Lift it up and get the guy with the grinder back!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

That bloke sitting near the window doesn't seem to be too impressed with her. Maybe he's watched it 10 times already that day.  Me, I'd eat her 'til her head caved in.

Judging by his taste in shirts, I'd say it was Jacko :D

I don't mind the girls dancing there, in fact it's great to see their firm tits staying in place but wanting to burst out, but why the hell do they have to turn the music up so bloody loud I'll never know.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Butch said:

Judging by his taste in shirts, I'd say it was Jacko :D

I don't mind the girls dancing there, in fact it's great to see their firm tits staying in place but wanting to burst out, but why the hell do they have to turn the music up so bloody loud I'll never know.

Who knows?  Anyway, it doesn't go on for too long. 

The girl in the video is pretty nice.  Usually works during the day.

9 hours ago, Butch said:

Judging by his taste in shirts, I'd say it was Jacko

I haven't been in Hooters since soon after it opened. There is no gray area between eating and full on GGB, Pattaya style for me.  She is a cutie though. 

• Like 1

The grinder and jackhammer are back at the Easy R-Con open sewer project.  
48597531302_1e4d07c3af_b.jpg

My guess is they're digging up the concrete to put in a metal skirt around drain grates.
48597531047_b793a350e3_b.jpg

Wonder if this is the long term solution to the wrong sized covers, hide it behind a barricade.
48597530932_35957a50f1_b.jpg

Another goof in either the height of the cover or depth of the supporting framework.
48597394146_f4bb057f09_b.jpg

• Like 1

The development next to Friendship on Pattaya Tai is becoming less of a mystery!

It consists of 3 buildings - two adjacent to Tai, and a larger one behind those two.

Honey 1.JPG

The new sign on the road says "Honey Grand Body Massage" 

Honey 2.JPG

but the building at the back has more the look of serviced apartments or a hotel. It has the name of "Acqua Residence".

Honey_3.JPG

Edited by Bazle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Considering the theoretical swing away from the naughty industry, it is perplexing that an obvious example of it, like a body massage venue,  would spring up.... 

And can anyone afford them any more?

I wonder if one of the older ones is due to be flattened? 

Today's update on the Easy R-Con open sewer project. Two days ago they ripped up the concrete around the drain grates. Today I see they've poured new concrete and added a bead of sealant in the joint. Puzzled as to why they did this.
48610456852_2d2538532d_b.jpg

And on the other end, more destruction taking place on the framework for the valve compartment covers.
48610304891_3325939689_b.jpg
48610456902_c3faf81c2a_b.jpg

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Puzzled as to why they did this.

To stop the water going in there....;)

Perhaps an idea as a shock absorber, because I expect a bit of crumbling when any heavy traffic goes over it.

They do seem to waste a lot of time correcting previous miserable planning!

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Had an enjoyable afternoon out at the dragon boat races.

Did you have o pay to get in? There was a rumour farangs would be charged 150 baht (Thais less of course), a first.

8 minutes ago, jacko said:

Did you have o pay to get in? There was a rumour farangs would be charged 150 baht (Thais less of course), a first.

I was worried I would have to face the dreaded two tier pricing when I saw all the fencing around the area. As we were walking to the entrance I warned my TGF I wasn't going to put up with any "farang pay more" nonsense, and if they wouldn't except my Thai DL for the Thair price I would be doing a quick about face. As it turned out there was no entrance fee and it looked like the fencing, and razor wire believe it or not, was just to separate the spectator areas from the competitor areas.

• Thanks 1

Force, good pictures ,thanks and i sorry i missed this.  Also missed the Buffalo races a few months ago. Is there a website that lists upcoming events? We all know about Loy Kratong and Songkrang . But i would love to attend air shows and other events like this.

1 hour ago, sailingbill said:

Force, good pictures ,thanks and i sorry i missed this.  Also missed the Buffalo races a few months ago. Is there a website that lists upcoming events? We all know about Loy Kratong and Songkrang . But i would love to attend air shows and other events like this.

This site has a good listing of festivals, although I see it's missing the dragon boat races just held.
https://www.thaizer.com/thailand-events-festivals/

You're in luck though with the buffalo races, assuming you're here in Oct.
Chonburi Buffalo Racing Festival: 12th October 2019

After six months of work, twice as long as planned for, the Easy R-Con open sewer project is finally done, at least until the first heavy rain.
48634421996_13b82cd3c2_b.jpg
48634066808_66be4d38aa_b.jpg
48634422106_37ccb59e45_b.jpg

Photos of the entire project, beginning with the first photo taken on 28 February can be seen at this link.

• Thanks 3

The residents must be ecstatic!

I've just noticed the concrete already breaking up on the leading edge of the "ramp" in pic #1, plus the uneven cover. As vehicles pass over the uneven cover, the vibration will cause the concrete to crack and...oh well, you get the idea.

Let's have a virtual beer wager, choose a week for the repair works. I reckon it'll be dug up or repaired again during the first week of October.