Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

The new Nirun market has a new structure going up. Looks like another first class, Thai quality concrete pad. The other structure has been stocked with household goods. Best to bring a hydration pack when shopping though as it only opens on the front side, so it's going to be bloody hot in there.

P1200004.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Butch said:

I love the way they have considered what will happen to all the water when it rains...

Good point. While not the lowest point in the area, anything on the floor is going to get soaked from flooding after any major downpour.

• 2 weeks later...

At the new Nirun market, someone finally got smart and realized they'd better have a way to open the sides for cross ventilation.
P2010002.jpg

And on the other side work continues on the market addition.
P2010006.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, The Mook said:

How goes the beach road endless cable hiding caper?

You are thinking perhaps of Nua or Klang.....

20 hours ago, The Mook said:

I stand corrected. How goes the beach road great sewer enlarging caper?

Bad... a mess. But to be honest I avoid it even on foot.

• 2 weeks later...

A few pictures from the road works at the Thappraya Rd / Jomtien Second Rd junction.The right hand turning from the southbound carriageway to Jomtien Beach has been closed for over a week and a half now.

They started on the outside lane of the northbound carriageway and have now started on the outside lane of the northbound carriageway.

They are putting in rebar on the northnound carriageway so hopefully will be laying concrete soon.

I dread to think how long this is going to take.

20200308_161122.jpg

20200308_161125.jpg

20200308_161142.jpg

• Thanks 1

Looks like the long way around  via Soi Watboon for immigration!

2 hours ago, jacko said:

Looks like the long way around  via Soi Watboon for immigration!

I read elsewhere they opened up a U Turn on 2nd Rd, so a trip to immigration might be shorter now.

59 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I read elsewhere they opened up a U Turn on 2nd Rd, so a trip to immigration might be shorter now.

Still Soi Watboon for me to avoid that junction that is all dug up. But yeah, I always went down to Beach Road due to the next available U-Turn being a long way down Jomtiem 2nd Rd. 

52 minutes ago, jacko said:

Still Soi Watboon for me to avoid that junction that is all dug up. But yeah, I always went down to Beach Road due to the next available U-Turn being a long way down Jomtiem 2nd Rd. 

They have opened up a U-turn in the Rhompu area in the last week, so that will be more convenient for visitors to immigration.

• Thanks 2
16 hours ago, tallguy said:

A few pictures from the road works at the Thappraya Rd / Jomtien Second Rd junction.The right hand turning from the southbound carriageway to Jomtien Beach has been closed for over a week and a half now.

They started on the outside lane of the northbound carriageway and have now started on the outside lane of the northbound carriageway.

They are putting in rebar on the northnound carriageway so hopefully will be laying concrete soon.

I dread to think how long this is going to take.

20200308_161122.jpg

20200308_161125.jpg

20200308_161142.jpg

I won't say that stretch of pavement had been in great shape but no idea what possessed them to tear it up now.