Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

1 hour ago, nkped said:

I won't say that stretch of pavement had been in great shape but no idea what possessed them to tear it up now.  

The attitude seems to be that they have money to spend on various projects so they are making sure that it gets spent.?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

I read elsewhere they opened up a U Turn on 2nd Rd, so a trip to immigration might be shorter now.
They have..
Alternate option ..park in Rhompo ,walk across the road in half the time.

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

Thappraya Rd / Jomtien 2nd Rd Junction. Concreting complete on the right hand lane of each carriageway. The southbound carriageway on 2nd Rd is now blocked off just after the lights with a contraflow system operating on the northbound carriage way. The exact layout seems to change every few days.  (Apologies for the quality of the photo).20200315_153855.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Butch said:

Thanks FBWU, Pattaya looks eerie being so quiet.

Keep safe mate.

Have a look at NDTVi's latest youtube vid on Walking Street and Soi6. It is eerie.?

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Have a look at NDTVi's latest youtube vid on Walking Street and Soi6. It is eerie.?

It is spooky for sure..

A month ago he was reporting that Covid was fake news and Media hype....On the latest one he TWICE had a temperature reading above normal,blames it on the machine or the user then goes out......to the only places that he has been reporting on for at least 2 months....

Totally irresponsible in my opinion.....

15 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

It is spooky for sure..

A month ago he was reporting that Covid was fake news and Media hype....On the latest one he TWICE had a temperature reading above normal,blames it on the machine or the user then goes out......to the only places that he has been reporting on for at least 2 months....

Totally irresponsible in my opinion.....

To be fair I do not think the temperature guages they use are very accurate. The readings I have had in various places have not been consistent including one time varying by nearly 1 degree C within less than an hour in 2 different bars on WS.

• Sad 1
38 minutes ago, tallguy said:

To be fair I do not think the temperature guages they use are very accurate. The readings I have had in various places have not been consistent including one time varying by nearly 1 degree C within less than an hour in 2 different bars on WS.

I don't do the C to F conversion that well but if a couple of them where the guy showed it to me were accurate, I suspect I would have been curled up shivering.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, nkped said:

I don't do the C to F conversion that well but if a couple of them where the guy showed it to me were accurate, I suspect I would have been curled up shivering.

Exactly.?

I bought a new household oral thermometer from a pharmacy last week. The old one I had read just over 40 degrees C when I took my temperature (under the tongue). I thought 'Hmm, I should be  getting close to being dead soon'. I shook it down and then held it under the cold running water from my kitchen tap. It then read just a bit under 43. It was then I knew I didn't (yet) have the virus.

• Haha 1

Thanks!

Did you go up 13/2 and did you notice if the Post Office has altered its opening hours?

I also heard that places like "Little Hole" was now selling food outside. The bar is closed but maybe the side door is open ...

On 4/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, Bullfrog said:

I also heard that places like "Little Hole" was now selling food outside. The bar is closed but maybe the side door is open ...

Selling food or giving it away to Thais? There seem to be a few ad hoc charity inititiatives popping up around town.

32 minutes ago, tallguy said:

Selling food or giving it away to Thais? There seem to be a few ad hoc charity inititiatives popping up around town.

Not sure mate ..... I haven't witnessed it myself just heard about it.....

On 4/8/2020 at 9:38 PM, Bullfrog said:

Thanks!

Did you go up 13/2 and did you notice if the Post Office has altered its opening hours?

Apologies for the delay, but routed my morning ride to go up Soi Post Office so I could scope out the scene at the two places you asked about.

As for the Post Office...
P4110005.jpg

P4110004.jpg

And Little Hole does have food.
P4110008.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Apologies for the delay, but routed my morning ride to go up Soi Post Office so I could scope out the scene at the two places you asked about.

As for the Post Office...
P4110005.jpg

P4110004.jpg

And Little Hole does have food.
P4110008.jpg

Apologies for my late reply too...Thanks! It takes just over an hour for me to walk there and I would've been very disapointed to get there and see that it was closed...to then turn around and walk an hour back!

Please let me reinforce the fact that your efforts are not only enjoyable but have a practical benefit too!

• Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The beer bars and boxing ring just before the WS entrance are no more.

Edited to add: I see in another post they area is being remodeled.
49832848282_8d0351a3b8_b.jpg

49832848257_2a335cb8a3_b.jpg

But the other one farther up WS looks safe for now.
49832003933_68c985bea8_b.jpg

Many thanks for all the photos....

Keeps us "back at home"! a little more in touch, with whats happening in Thailand in these unusual times.

• Thanks 1
On 2/24/2019 at 7:32 PM, Butch said:

Some more, sorry for multiple posts. A few randoms...

CIMG2332 (Medium).JPG

P1010096 (Medium).JPG

P1010098 (Medium).JPG

Pink Lady ,now gone I think...

CIMG2329 (Medium).JPG

IMAG0163 (Medium).jpg

CIMG2333 (Medium).JPG

P1010099 (Medium).JPG

Soi Honey in 2015

P1010100 (Medium).JPG

P1010101 (Medium).JPG

P1010102 (Medium).JPG

P1010103 (Medium).JPG

P1010104 (Medium).JPG

P1010106 (Medium).JPG

P1010107 (Medium).JPG

Ahh Master Massage my old place now a bar have great memorys from that place ?

• Like 1

Something new is going up on the empty land next to Soi Excite. Maybe a clone of Tree Town?
49843979838_87c6335917_b.jpg

49844829012_b2c800de2c_b.jpg

Whatever it is that's going up, it's using some hefty I beams.
49844828907_2cb84f17cb_b.jpg

• Upvote 3