Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Thanks very much for this. I now avoid Pattaya Tai and use Arunothai to cut up to Buakhao. In the past I have only ever walked up that road on the other side of that block so I will alter that route slightly and go check it out.

It doesn't look well stocked at the moment so will maybe wait a while. In fact it looks quite similar to the failed British food shop in the vicinity of Nirun that closed just prior to Siamburis opening.

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Expats now have a new grocery store to shop at, Nadia's Expat Essentials.

Thanks for that, I pass that way frequently as a cut through to and from town and that shop should be an easy stop off point. Need some tea bags.... not getting my usual ex-UK deliveries.

21 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

4 hours ago, jacko said:

Thanks for that, I pass that way frequently as a cut through to and from town and that shop should be an easy stop off point.

I walked passed there this morning but it was shuttered up. Opening hours start at 10am which is a bit late for me because I don't want to walk 45 minutes back carrying shopping in the heat. 

I did see a farang on a bike wearing a sexy blue cycling top ......Was it either of you..??

7 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I walked passed there this morning but it was shuttered up. Opening hours start at 10am which is a bit late for me because I don't want to walk 45 minutes back carrying shopping in the heat. 

I did see a farang on a bike wearing a sexy blue cycling top ......Was it either of you..??

Nope, wasn't me. I don't get rolling, figuratively and literally until mid-morning. Which is right about now. So heading out shortly for my morning ride about.

8 hours ago, jacko said:

............. Need some tea bags.... not getting my usual ex-UK deliveries.

You'll appreciate them all the more when they arrive! ?

You do know you can reuse them, don't you? ?

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, keyman said:

You'll appreciate them all the more when they arrive! ?

You do know you can reuse them, don't you? ?

Does Bullfrog want them?

31 minutes ago, jacko said:

Does Bullfrog want them?

Oddly enough I have just been sampling my latest creation. Lemon Tea with brown sugar. It has been baking for 2 weeks now but I have decided to leave it for another week ...

EDIT = I may have to drink it this weekend after all.... Bloody Thai Bank holidays !!!

Edited by Bullfrog
49 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Lemon Tea with brown sugar.

I listen to Honky Tonk Women ....

On 12/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, forcebwithu said:

I forgot to mention something else about my walk there yesterday.

Take a look at your picture and you should spot a sign hanging over a first floor balcony. It is advertising rooms at around 3,000 baht a month IIRC (Do you have other photos?). OK, I'm guessing that they are unfurnished and no swimming pool etc but they look recently refurbished and are in a great location ...apart from the soi dogs lingering ...

6 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I forgot to mention something else about my walk there yesterday.

Take a look at your picture and you should spot a sign hanging over a first floor balcony. It is advertising rooms at around 3,000 baht a month IIRC (Do you have other photos?). OK, I'm guessing that they are unfurnished and no swimming pool etc but they look recently refurbished and are in a great location ...apart from the soi dogs lingering ...

Snapped a couple of photos on my ride this morning of the place you asked about.PC110043.jpg

PC110045.jpg

It would be worth consideration if you're content to live in an area pretty much devoid of foot traffic, and only a few neighbors. BTW, only saw two soi dogs on my ride past. One was roaming around and paid no attention to me. The other was chilling out here...
PC110046.jpg

Close by is this relatively new place at the entrance to the above soi.
PC110050.jpg

For a place with a pool and reasonable rents, The Village across from the the fire dept and hospital on 3rd Rd. is worth a look.
PC110051.jpg

A few pics of two of the stages for this week's music festival. This one across from Soi Sex.
PC110000.jpg

The next shots are the stage at the Klang intersection.
PC110001.jpg

PC110002.jpg

PC110006.jpg

PC110007.jpg

They were doing a sound check while I was there and got a close up shot of the the volume control. I think standing around the entrance to WS would make the volume level just about tolerable.
PC110008.jpg

Mobile cell tower is connected and ready to go.
PC110012.jpg

Although the electric source is a bit dodgy.
PC110018.jpg

You won't have far to go to off load the beer you rented.
PC110020.jpg

Farther a field, if your house is in need of more glassware Malibu Club is running a promo on glasses.
PC110030.jpg

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Snapped a couple of photos on my ride this morning of the place you asked about

Yep, I was there before you today and I agree the soi dogs were very quiet, as were the dogs on Arunothai. Probably because today is a public holiday and, lets face, it even soi dogs need a rest!

I bought Prime Irish sausages there 149 baht. The same product, with different packaging, from the same supplier, is 129 baht free delivery with British shop. 

There was a BM called Nadia on the forums. A bloke from London called Aidan with a Thai wife from the same village as one of my wives (forgotten which wife!). If it is I wish him well.

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

There was a BM called Nadia on the forums. A bloke from London called Aidan with a Thai wife from the same village as one of my wives (forgotten which wife!). If it is I wish him well.

Judging by his FB posts, Aidan is still in London. 

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Close by is this relatively new place at the entrance to the above soi.

Please can you stop doing this! I have no idea where it is ... but for sure I'm gonna find it and pee against the wall to leave my mark...!!

57 minutes ago, DangerRuss said:

...as always, great pics for those of us still on the outside, waiting to get back in 

Of course you are correct and probably your need is greater than mine but I enjoy checking the threads out too!!

Only yesterday I followed up one picture and came across a honey farm that was new to me. I started planning my mead brew straight away but found out that it was closed. Despite this it still triggered an idea because, of course, you can buy honey anywhere!!!!

There are so many other pictures that have got me out walking to new areas.!

Kudos to all that post pics!!

EDIT = In one of NDTVi's vids, Adam (Hammer) says that most forum members and long term residents are "Jaded" .. Get your fat ass out of bars before you criticize others. Adam plummeted in my esteem when he said that !!

Edited by Bullfrog

Filming a Honda commercial on 3rd Rd this morning.
PC130006.jpg

Protecting the principals in the commercial from harmful sunlight.
PC130006b.jpg

PC130009.jpg

This is what the current AQI of 169 looks like.
PC130012.jpg

Somewhere in the haze is the Pattaya City sign.
PC130021.jpg

PC130022.jpg

Big crane at the pumping station to remove an old piece of equipment.
PC130030.jpg

PC130031.jpg

PC130033.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Somewhere in the haze is the Pattaya City sign.

This morning the haze was obvious where I am. The Jomtien hospital and Unicca condo were both in a cloud of haze. Prior to that I would consider it a bad day if the Klang Junction had haze viewed from Pattaya Tai....

Any idea what is causing it ???