Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

^^^ Good pics, but a big fcking waste of time, money and resources. And the people out there that let them spray Buddha knows what on them, idiots.

Sanitising the city: does spraying the streets work against coronavirus?

Based on our knowledge of the conditions required for disinfectants to work, we suspect these activities are as much about authorities being seen to do something as about actually stopping the spread of COVID-19.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

The broken marina boardwalk that was made out of wood has been ripped out and all that remains is the concrete base.
P1270002.jpg

Here's the before pic from Dec, 2019.
PC170023.jpg

This morning they were removing more bits and pieces of the decaying marina.
P1270006.jpg

AQI of 93 and Koh Larn barely visible.
P1270009.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I walked passed the Deli Factory this morning but the chain was still across the doorway. As alluded to earlier I think it is a shop for those that have enough money to tell their staff to leave them sleeping till mid morning so that they may have a more leisurely start to the day than I have. Also the weebles weren't outside the hospital then either.

The Japanese place opposite "Onkle Erik's" has never opened as far as I know!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 12:55 PM, forcebwithu said:

Looks like the corner of Soi Love Inn and Arunotai is getting a new building.

Yeh, I went round there this morning, things are progressing well but no idea what it could be as it seems too narrow to be anything of interest. I popped into the "market shop" to the right of the picture to buy a Sato to quench my thirst but they had run out. After taking a look around I stocked up on freezer bags!

I noticed that the resort opposite Nadias shop was offering 10,000 baht a month (which I'm sure could be negotiated down). It looks  quite nice.

9 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Yeh, I went round there this morning, things are progressing well but no idea what it could be as it seems too narrow to be anything of interest. I popped into the "market shop" to the right of the picture to buy a Sato to quench my thirst but they had run out. After taking a look around I stocked up on freezer bags!

I noticed that the resort opposite Nadias shop was offering 10,000 baht a month (which I'm sure could be negotiated down). It looks  quite nice.

They were putting down the forms for the concrete pad yesterday. Given how low in height the form was I expect it's just a thin pad they're going to pour, like the shops on the other side of the soi. Best guess is a low cost building/shack to house another market and/or food stall that when the time comes to build something better on the land, easy to knock down and start over.

Based on how thin the concrete pad they're pouring this morning, think the Soi Love Inn and Arunotai corner is getting something more like the shops on the opposite side of the soi.
P3240003.jpg

And a bit farther up Soi Love Inn more decorative metal work going up on the Nirun market.
P3240005.jpg

P3240006.jpg

P3240008.jpg

P3240009.jpg

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Based on how thin the concrete pad they're pouring this morning, think the Soi Love Inn and Arunotai corner is getting something more like the shops on the opposite side of the soi.
P3240003.jpg

And a bit farther up Soi Love Inn more decorative metal work going up on the Nirun market.
P3240005.jpg

P3240006.jpg

P3240008.jpg

P3240009.jpg

I like what is happening around that Soi. It will be another way of joining 3rd to Arunothai with seamless shops/bars.

All it needs is people !! 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I like what is happening around that Soi. It will be another way of joining 3rd to Arunothai with seamless shops/bars.

All it needs is people !! 

And a road fit for purpose.... proper teeth rattler on the bike at the moment.

20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The Tesco Lotus shop seems to be getting pushed to one side, wonder if they get much business these days. 

19 minutes ago, jacko said:

The Tesco Lotus shop seems to be getting pushed to one side, wonder if they get much business these days. 

The Tesco Lotus on that corner does a good trade. The Family Mart and large 7-11 on the Klang end of Arunotai have thrown in the towel though. Both are now closed.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The Tesco Lotus on that corner does a good trade.

I've heard reports that farang from Nirun stock up on crates of beer there and block the traffic pushing trolleys home .............. ?

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, jacko said:

And a road fit for purpose.... proper teeth rattler on the bike at the moment.

I bought some cheap charlie deodorant in  there Tuesday - cheaper than the market and it keeps the flies away !!

21 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I've heard reports that farang from Nirun stock up on crates of beer there and block the traffic pushing trolleys home .............. ?

Traffic never moves well down Arunothai..... and talk about bumpy. 

17 minutes ago, jacko said:

Traffic never moves well down Arunothai..... and talk about bumpy. 

The main problem walking down there is the drainage grooves both sides of the road because it limits the width of the "walkable" area. I have never really noticed bumps on soi Love Inn ..

EDIT = I was alluding to a pictorial report from FBWU from a gazillion years ago...

Edited by Bullfrog
54 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

. I have never really noticed bumps on soi Love Inn ..

Rough at the bends.....

2 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

I bought some cheap charlie deodorant in  there Tuesday - cheaper than the market and it keeps the flies away !!

Did you buy the Indian manufactured one for Hindus? Made from cowshit.

51 minutes ago, yorta2 said:

Did you buy the Indian manufactured one for Hindus? Made from cowshit.

I am quite fond of the smell of cowshit!  You prompted me to check the label. Made in Bangkok!

• Upvote 1

More death traps for those on two wheels going in on Soi Bong Koch.
P4010017.jpg

P4010019.jpg

Almost as bad are the new drain grates on Soi 21. Don't understand why they couldn't have rotated the covers 90 degrees before installing.
P4010021.jpg

P4010023.jpg

More death traps for those on two wheels going in on Soi Bong Koch

Must be pretty good for catching ladyboys in high heels....Perhaps that's what is meant by a Ladyboy "trap" ..... :leaving

More death traps for those on two wheels going in on Soi Bong Koch

It would be a dangerous ride around town at night these days.... one reason I don't.

9 hours ago, jacko said:

It would be a dangerous ride around town at night these days.... one reason I don't.

Heck I don't ride in the daytime.  I am too good looking to hurt this face.  ?

• Haha 1