Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

Police checkpoint on 2nd Rd this morning. Saw them in the same place, same time during my ride about yesterday morning.
P4030011.jpg

And over on Soi Xzyte they're enlarging the drain openings.
P4030014.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

First time in a few weeks I've seen them doing any work on WS.
P4220004.jpg

P4220007.jpg

P4220011.jpg

New building on 3rd and Klang. The aesthetics of the side facing Klang is better than the 3rd Rd side.
P4220014.jpg

P4220017.jpg

Not much happening at the Xzyte Market site.
P4220019.jpg

P4220020.jpg

Sure hope whatever concrete sealant they used wears off before the Market opens. Looks like it would be very slippery when wet.
P4220021.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like it would be very slippery when wet.

P4220021.jpg

So you would be "Livin on a prayer" when walking on it.

• Haha 2
16 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi 14 off of 3rd Rd is in a low lying area and quickly floods during rainstorms. They're now giving that soi the drain opening enlargement surgery.

What I've noticed on Pattaya Tai is that the new drains are still an inch above the "finished" road surface. This could be that the intention is to tarmac up to that level in the future or the new drainage system is for when the existing drains can't handle a heavier downpour.

Another example of a problem area is the low area on the Sukhumvit just north of Pattaya Tai. With any significant amount of rainfall, this is what it looks like.
c1_1655404.jpg

Every time I see them working on the problem, all they seem to do is just make the drain opening larger. A couple of pics of the current WIP.
P4240020.jpg

The constraint here is the underground system to drain the water out of the area. I believe what they're limited to is the canal that runs under this soi.
P4240021.jpg

So all this work to make the hole in the road larger is for naught if there's no additional capacity to move the water out of the area.
P4240022.jpg

P4240023.jpg

P4240024.jpg

P4240025.jpg

P4240027.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

On Soi 14 off 3rd Rd, the other side is now getting the enlarge drain openings to undersized drain pipes treatment.
P5030002.jpg

And on the opposite of 3rd Rd, the last bit on Soi 21 is getting concreted over this morning.
P5030007.jpg

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi Siam Country Club Rd on the south side of Mabprachan Reservoir is getting another lane or two.

Somewhere along that stretch is where I'd go for the best Fish n chips in Pattaya ..... it was a small resort of individual cabins with a small swimming pool in the middle. It is/was built and owned by a Welshman. He had some bloody good draught beers on if I remember correctly. By the looks of things he would have lost his car park and bar area ..

I was a little worried when my lady announced a week ago they were going to come today and cut down a beautiful, old tree in our neighborhood (a blackboard or devil tree). Apparently the lady that owns the house across the soi from it complained about the dropped leaves making a mess, plus my lady didn't like the aroma of the flowers when the tree was in bloom. Told them both I thought those weren't very good reasons to cut down the tree.
P5110001.jpg

I wasn't too concerned though as they had mentioned it was the electric company that was going to do the chopping, so figured they were going to just trim back the branches that ran into and around the electric lines. And as it turned out, I was right.
P5110008.jpg

P5110011.jpg

P5110012.jpg

To the electric company's credit, they did a decent job on the trim. So the tree gets to live on.
P5110017.jpg

• Like 3

I recently had to take out a tree in my garden.... I thought my  wife planted it but she insisted not. It was a Banyan tree and boy could that sod grow... mostly underground. From a seed I guess. It had already damaged my grey water drainage and I feared for a wall, my pool and it breaking up concrete next door. Didn't like to do this but I feared I had to act....

18 minutes ago, jacko said:

I recently had to take out a tree in my garden.... I thought my  wife planted it but she insisted not. It was a Banyan tree and boy could that sod grow... mostly underground. From a seed I guess. It had already damaged my grey water drainage and I feared for a wall, my pool and it breaking up concrete next door. Didn't like to do this but I feared I had to act....

I had a tree that grew sweet red berries. It was a beauty with intertwined branches that provided shade to keep my "patio" cool. My daughter nicked it as a young sapling from waste ground on her way back from Arunothai school and it shot up within 2 years!

Last year a swarm of bees decided to make the trunk their home so a friend sprayed some "bee killer" powder into the nest. Within a month the tree was dead.

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

Last year a swarm of bees decided to make the trunk their home so a friend sprayed some "bee killer" powder into the nest. Within a month the tree was dead.

I had my pool surround cleaned up a while back..... they use acid, I think sulphuric but might be anything. One dead Leelawadee tree. 

It looks like the electric company thinks their mess from tree trimming on Tuesday is someone else's mess to clean up.
P5140003.jpg

A cheap shelter for shops on the corner of Soi Love Inn and Arunotai is done.
P5150006.jpg

What I thought was going to be a new market near Nirun now looks like a new open air restaurant.
P5150037.jpg

P5150044.jpg

Think they're also building a garden greenhouse, which isn't a bad idea for supplying fresh vegetables for the restaurant.
P5150045.jpg

The building on 3rd Rd near Klang is now sporting a decorative top.
P5150015.jpg

Construction progress at the Sea Side site, which is a bit of a misnomer since it's on Buakhao.
P5150020.jpg

And the south Beach Rd pumping station is getting shinny new pumps almost in time for rainy season, which starts today.
P5150021.jpg

P5150022.jpg

P5150027.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

And the south Beach Rd pumping station is getting shinny new pumps almost in time for rainy season, which starts today.

And right on time, it rained quite heavily at my place.

And the south Beach Rd pumping station is getting shinny new pumps almost in time for rainy season, which starts today

Does that suggest the old pumps weren't working? No, couldn't be so.

5 hours ago, jacko said:

And right on time, it rained quite heavily at my place.

I miss that.  Loved getting sloshed and walking home in the flooding.  Or maybe I'm losing it and starting to miss EVERYTHING about pattaya even the bad parts. 

The big crane is back at the Beach Rd pumping station. The big piece of equipment that was removed last Dec has now been repaired and the crane was getting ready to lift it back into place. They better work fast as I'm hearing some thunder rumblings outside now.
P5160002.jpg

P5160003.jpg

P5160005.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
On 5/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, jacko said:

Does that suggest the old pumps weren't working? No, couldn't be so.

They look like larger versions of the submersible hermetically sealed pumps that you see in hardware stores that you dangle into areas that you want to drain.

They suck up dirty water from underneath through a filter and pump it out though a hose , or in this case a pipe..

EDIT = https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1103405

Edited by Bullfrog

Had a look this morning to see how the path along the south Pattaya canal is faring.
P5180003.jpg

For the most part the path is clear.
P5180008.jpg

Some sections had a bit of overgrowth, but was still passable.
P5180012.jpg

Other parts you need to duck low to get through.
P5180014.jpg

If the water was cleaner and didn't have the scent of a sewer, the canal would make for a scenic walk.
P5180015.jpg

Probably could have pushed my way through this heavy overgrowth, but didn't fancy having to pull thorns and ticks out of, and off my legs to do so.
P5180017.jpg

This is the short, upstream section east of the makeshift bridge.
P5180023.jpg

P5180027.jpg

I'd be careful driving a vehicle over the underground section of the canal.
P5180029.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2