Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

47 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Had a look this morning to see how the path along the south Pattaya canal is faring

I thought of you the  other day as I rode down Bong Koch towards 3rd Rd. Those drainage gratings just beyond Bong Koch 8 do not look cycle friendly.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

If the water was cleaner and didn't have the scent of a sewer, the canal would make for a scenic walk

I didn't even know that it existed!!

Imagine if, instead of spending money developing the fake Pattaya floating market, they used the money to develop this area !! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, jacko said:

I thought of you the  other day as I rode down Bong Koch towards 3rd Rd. Those drainage gratings just beyond Bong Koch 8 do not look cycle friendly.

Most definitely not bicycle friendly. Posted about them earlier in this topic.

The gap in the grates are just barely narrow enough to not trap my mtn bike tire, but would send me over the handlebars if I attempted to ride over the grate with my road bike and its skinny tires.

What's odd is they placed extra strips of metal over the grates to prevent that from happening on the section they did last year. Not sure why they haven't done the same on the new section.

They've been working for a couple of years on trying to solve the flooding on the road parallel to the railroad. Last year was digging a deeper channel on the east side of the road and installing more pumps.
P5210001.jpg

That hasn't worked, so now they're digging out the ground cover on the other side of the road.
P5210005.jpg

And knocking holes in the crash barrier at the low spots to allow the flood water to drain on both sides of the road.
P5210003.jpg

And over at the Soi 9 police station, the latest in car accessories on display.
P5210008.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2

First time I've seen the BIB set up shop in a private business. Prom Guesthouse yesterday evening. The cashier at Prom told me they were processing vendor permits for the street carts. They were quite slow about it too. I watched them for close to an hour walking back and forth from the blue cart in the background with various bits of paper. They were still working on that one permit when I left.

IMG_20210524_183444.jpg

38 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Current state of the upgrade to the pumping station that was to be finished May 31st, Thai time.

What a state......

I can't think how many years I have been funneled by the construction and stink of that area right at the entrance to Walking St.

Another long time Pattaya bar, Buffalo Bar is heading into the dustbin of history. Don't think we can blame it in on the pandemic though as the bar's decline predated the China virus.
P6080002.jpg

P6080004.jpg

Construction update on Tree Town's Pattaya Beach Club.
P6080007.jpg

P6080008.jpg

P6080009.jpg

P6080010.jpg

Not sure what this hole in the floor will be. Fountain maybe?
P6080011.jpg

Never noticed before, but most, if not all the bars on the south facing side of Tree Town have 2nd floor seating.
P6080017.jpg

P6080019.jpg

P6080021.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

My first trip to Pattaya was 2001 or so, and Buffalo Bar was dying then! I made a couple of trips there, and it was a bunch of old farts who did not show much friendship to a newcomer.

7 minutes ago, MrMango said:

My first trip to Pattaya was 2001 or so, and Buffalo Bar was dying then! I made a couple of trips there, and it was a bunch of old farts who did not show much friendship to a newcomer.

Maybe a question of timing.

The first times I went to Buffalo Bar were on bar crawls around 2008 - 2009 and it was fairly busy both times even without the crawl. Subsequent visits were quieter although we were there earlier in the evening.

I didn't make it down there very often, but when I did on a few occasions, I liked the place. I hope it survives, even in a slightly different format.

Soi Pothole is getting another temporary repair.
P6090003.jpg

Missed seeing this on yesterday's trek through Tree Town, but they're working again on the structure that has sat unfinished for years.
P6090007.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The old Batman Disco is always an interesting site to photograph.
P6120030.jpg

P6120031.jpg

P6120032.jpg

P6120033.jpg

Construction progress on the skateboard/recreation area under the 3rd Rd flyover.P6120051.jpg

P6120054.jpg

P6120063.jpg

Once again 3rd Rd is a mess with digging going on to bury utilities. I don't think the Thais will ever catch on to the idea of digging up a road once to bury utilities with enough conduit placed for future use.
P6120067.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The new food court next to Nirun is going hi-so with decorative concrete.

I will miss the bumps and holes on the corners that have been there for years and years. 

2 hours ago, jacko said:

I will miss the bumps and holes on the corners that have been there for years and years. 

They're still there, although now filled in. Give it a heavy rain or two and negotiating them on two wheels will once again be a test of your riding skills.

• Like 1