Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Last week our neighborhood was informed the tree that was last of the jungle our neighborhood was carved from many years ago was slated for execution today. Not much else going on with the lockdown, so thought I'd capture the old tree's final hours.
P7270001.jpg

The reason the tree had to come down is it was getting too big for its britches. The tree was pushing out and cracking the security wall, and it's roots were cracking the wall foundation and steps.
P7270004.jpg

Noticed when the trunk was cut into pieces and brought down, there was a scrum by the neighbors, including my lady, to whack off and take home sections of the vine that had made the trunk home. I'm told this particular vine is valuable, for what reason I don't know.
P7270017.jpg

I was quite concerned for our electric lines when I saw how they were going to take down the large branches. The large crane was used to lift the limb while the bucket guys sawed through the base of the limb. My concern was by attaching the strap too far out on the end of the limb, when the limb was cut it would drop and swing in an arc hitting the electric lines as it swung back and forth. Luckily the swinging limb missed the lines by a few cm's and only the smaller branches snagged the line.
P7272006.jpg

The utility lines on the other side of the soi took a bit of a beating, but survived the encounter with the execution crew. Noticed too not one of the crew was wearing anything to protect their brainpan. 
P7272051.jpg

P7272062.jpg

P7273001.jpg

P7273006.jpg

Execution completed and all that was left was cleanup of the few bits that remained of a tree that dominated and provided a nice bit of shade for the area for untold years.
P7273025.jpg

Gotta confess I was expecting a fuckup but looks like they got in and out and no issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

New sign going up on the beach. No idea what they're planning. Only English on the sign showed the beach being divided into zones.

P8050002.jpg

P8050003.jpg

@TaaSaparot (Chiang Fai), if you're going to nick photos from the forum, the least you could do is give credit to the forum as your source!

image.png

https://twitter.com/TaaSaparot/status/1423162156774830084

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

New sign going up on the beach. No idea what they're planning. Only English on the sign showed the beach being divided into zones.

Intriguing....getting ready for the sandbox.... this area only for double vaccinated tourists? Bloody eyesore to me, a nice open expanse of beach now has bloody billboards on it....wind will have them off to Koh Larn soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the amount of traffic there used to be on that corner I am still surprised by its location.

24 minutes ago, jacko said:

Considering the amount of traffic there used to be on that corner I am still surprised by its location.

I'm also wondering what they're going to do for parking for all their residents.

12 hours ago, Regyai said:

Subterranean multi storey car park maybe (quite common in Bangkok

That corner is often a foot or two under water when we get a bit of rain. It is where Pattaya Klang changes to Pattaya Klong....

• Like 1

Thinking about what they're going to do for parking at the new Arbour Hotel and Residence I decided to back today to get some pics of the green (back side) facing Klang.
P8220001.jpg

P8220002.jpg

The lot next door looks like it may be used for parking.
P8220005.jpg

The website also has a link to Automated Parking, but the page is blank. Looking at the above picture and the one blow it looks like the first couple of floors might be a parking garage, and the openings with the rollup doors may be the entry. What is strange in the picture below is they have a ramp built going below grade, but that may be temporary access for moving equipment in, like the big pumps they'll need to pump out flood water.
P8220010.jpg

P8220011.jpg

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aj said:

i wonder if they will bother to fix beach now.

since it is being renovated. 

I would be surprised if they didn't have the few bits that washed out fixed by late tomorrow morning. They've got nothing better to do ATM since the beach project has been suspended.

I believe the darkside, Khow Noi, got hit quite badly. Saw a FB post of some farang going down one Rd in an inflatable holding up a brush. 

Edited by jacko

I'm, truly, amazed at how resilient these people are. As soon as the water "goes away" it's back to business as if nothing happened. I guess that ability comes easily when you've had a lot of practice.

They've completed the driveway on the front side of Arbour Hotel and Residence, so was able to get a pic of the entrance to their automatic car parking system.
P8300013.jpg

P8300010.jpg

Memo to myself, come back and see how well this driveway to the below grade area is working out next time Pattaya floods.
P8300012.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

A shot of this evening's activity around Tree Town. There's a good amount of foot and vehicle traffic, but without the usual crowd sitting and drinking on the footpath along Buakhao. What I find irritating is once again the vendors have taken over 90% of the footpath causing most to walk in the street. IMHO that's going to become a bigger problem once the bars are allowed to open and the crowds return.

IMG_20210901_183919.jpg

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

What I find irritating is once again the vendors have taken over 90% of the footpath causing most to walk in the street

Yes, not a fan of walking down Buakhao, always expect to get crippled by someone drunk on a bike or a songthaew, after being forced to walk the gutter. 

4 minutes ago, jacko said:

Yes, not a fan of walking down Buakhao, always expect to get crippled by someone drunk on a bike or a songthaew, after being forced to walk the gutter. 

I walk that street with my head on a swivel and assume everyone on a bike or in a car IS out to get me. Or at best simply incompetent.   Sometimes I will step way to the side and other pedestrians pass me and I'm fine with it.  Let them get clipped when that bike has to swerved because oncoming forced him to.  I am too old to heal fast so I consider walking there combat.  ?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, jacko said:

Don't even have the option of walking in the gutter with all the bikes and cars parked up. Only way to do it is share a lane with traffic.

Amazes me the number of pedestrians that having to share a lane with traffic will walk on the side in the same direction as traffic. And don't get me started on the doofuses that walk hand and hand with their teelack with their back to traffic. They're just inviting a bad day.

• Upvote 1