Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

' What is surprising is the area still had flood waters during last Friday's storm that were high enough to force the closure of Sukhumvit.' 

You shouldnt be surprised, I have been waiting 20 years for them to solve the flooding problem. At least it provides a regular employment opportunity! 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

10 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Don't even have the option of walking in the gutter with all the bikes and cars parked up. Only way to do it is share a lane with traffic.

Amazes me the number of pedestrians that having to share a lane with traffic will walk on the side in the same direction as traffic. And don't get me started on the doofuses that walk hand and hand with their teelack with their back to traffic. They're just inviting a bad day.

That is the way Thais walk on the roads with traffic to there backs, the first time I walked with wife on a road I told her we are walking on the wrong side of the road we should be facing the traffic, she said NO if you have a accident on that side of the road the insurance won't pay.

13 hours ago, Olded said:

That is the way Thais walk on the roads with traffic to there backs, the first time I walked with wife on a road I told her we are walking on the wrong side of the road we should be facing the traffic, she said NO if you have a accident on that side of the road the insurance won't pay.

Crazy the stuff Thai hear, believe and repeat to others as gospel truth.

Edited by forcebwithu

Just got back from my morning ride and was going to post the Tue/Fri market on Buakhao is now empty land. Good thing I had a look on another forum first as there was a post with pictures of it having moved to the other side of the road. I was so focused on the empty land, never thought to look across the road.

P9030005_stitch.jpg

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Broughton said:

I’ve times to no avail tried to explain the logic to my wife it just goes overhead.

I know what your saying, I tried for a few years and just gave up on logic, now I just say OK

Quite a bit more damage on the beach after last night's storm compared to a the storm damage from a week and a half ago. This time the damage was along the entire length of the beach.
P9080004.jpg

P9080006.jpg

P9080011.jpg

Somebody finally got smart and lined a channel to keep more of the beach from washing away. Something they should have done from the very beginning. All they need now to make this a workable solution is build a foot bridge across the channel.
P9080017.jpg

P9080025.jpg

P9080027.jpg

P9080030.jpg

P9080034.jpg

P9080042.jpg

P9080043.jpg

P9080060.jpg

P9080062.jpg

P9080072.jpg

P9080076.jpg

P9080078.jpg

P9080080.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't believe there is a cost effective solution to handling the amount of rain dumped by a tropical storm. Best they can hope for is to drain the flood waters as quickly as possible. That seems to have been accomplished in most of the areas where the flood waters used to linger for close to a day. Now the flood waters are gone within the space of a couple of hours.

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, thechairman18 said:

Might be an English/American style " All you can eat " buffet,or a

Chinese style " Eat as much as you can " buffet. ?

I can certainly go along with it being aimed at a Chinese market, or maybe a domestic one. Just appears ambitious. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work has restarted on the Jomtien beach expansion project. What's surprising is I didn't see any sand bag reinforcements going in like they did on the Pattaya beach project. It'll be interesting to see how long the expanded beach holds up to tidal action and strong side onshore winds.
PB160001.jpg

PB160008.jpg

PB160004.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1