Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

Sitting at Prommannee last night enjoying a couple of drinks when shortly after 7pm saw a lady putting out No Parking signs in front of tree town. Asked the owner of Prom about it and she didn't know why they were putting up the signs. Not easy to see in the pic, but the sign has hours for no parking listed as 6pm - 1am. 
IMG_20220428_192514.jpg

Apparently the signs are official as about an hour and half later the police showed up and were forcing people to clear the no parking area. I'm puzzled by what they're trying to achieve with the no parking as the road is sufficiently wide at this point for two lanes of traffic, even with bikes and cars parked up.
IMG_20220428_204432.jpg

Also stopped in at Billabong last night and was puzzled by what this sign in the bathroom meant. The faucets worked fine, so it wasn't about that. Anyone with Thai skills, what is the other sign advising for 300B?
IMG_20220428_201555.jpg

Coincidentally traffic issues on Buakhao were mentioned today on Asean Now/ Thai Visa, and the blocking of traffic in front of Treetown particularly, parked vehicles being blamed. My issue is usually the parked bikes are so close one cannot access places from the road.... tumbling amongst half a dozen motorcycles after several  beers will get those Thai outstretched compensation palms waving. 

Is hydrant a bad translation of bum gun?

14 minutes ago, jacko said:

Coincidentally traffic issues on Buakhao were mentioned today on Asean Now/ Thai Visa, and the blocking of traffic in front of Treetown particularly, parked vehicles being blamed. My issue is usually the parked bikes are so close one cannot access places from the road.... tumbling amongst half a dozen motorcycles after several  beers will get those Thai outstretched compensation palms waving. 

Is hydrant a bad translation of bum gun?

Just saw the news report on the no parking signs.

Only time I've noticed traffic backed up was when cars and baht buses stopped to pick up or drop off passengers. Instead of making the entire area in front of Tree Town no parking, they could have designated a smaller section for pickups and drop offs.

Agree with you on the problem of accessing the footpath from street, but that could be easily solved with a couple of small no parking areas like they have in front of the Night Bazaar on 2nd Rd.
Screen Shot 04-29-22 at 08.15 AM.jpg

• Thanks 1

I watched a video filmed on Walking St a couple of days ago.  There were cars and motorbikes parked along the street and cars driving down it regularly. Admittedly there were few people walking along so called Walking St.

Video of Buakhau and Treetown taken about the same time showed lots more people.  I'm expecting we'll spend most of our time there after we arrive next week.

1 hour ago, awesum4 said:

I watched a video filmed on Walking St a couple of days ago.  There were cars and motorbikes parked along the street and cars driving down it regularly. Admittedly there were few people walking along so called Walking St.

Video of Buakhau and Treetown taken about the same time showed lots more people.  I'm expecting we'll spend most of our time there after we arrive next week.

I read on here or Thaiger that they are blocking the traffic on walking street again.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like they're laying a foundation for a large structure next to the 747. Perhaps a terminal for self-loading cargo. :default_biggrin:

P5070004_stitch.jpg

555 or perhaps another large shopping centre.  Really need another one of those :clap2

Soi 15 road work update. You can still get through to 2nd Rd through the Avenue parking lot, but probably for not much longer.
P5120023.jpg

P5120027.jpg

P5120028.jpg

P5120031.jpg

A few pics of Soi Boomerang.
P5120009.jpg

P5120011.jpg

P5120017.jpg

P5120019.jpg

Since elections are on the 22nd, guessing this has something to do with that.
P5120048.jpg

• Like 4
19 hours ago, maik said:

New gogo in the Sothern part of Soi Buakhao

redhot.JPG

Walking Street

ws.JPG

New gogo at the spot who use to house Heaven Above. The name is nearly the same as it use to be and inside it has not change much. But the bar is not like HA. Heaven Club has not the same vibe as HA.

heavenclub.JPG

Heaven Above has moved to Soi Boomerang. It is much smaller than the old bar but in the next weeks it will expand. What is needed - last night it was so crowded inside it sometime was impossible to get a seat.

Right now Heaven Above is probably the No 1 bar in Pattaya.

heavenabove.JPG

Soi Boomerang got other good bars. Next best is Club Fate.

fate.JPG

A little life has come to Soi 7 but it is still breathing like a drowning man.

soi7.JPG

Soi Honey

SoiHoney.JPG

Soi Potholesoipothole.JPG

We went to Heaven Above and it was packed with punters and naked girls. Too crowded for us. The club next door was deserted.

Club Fate had some lovely friendly girls.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, awesum4 said:

We went to Heaven Above and it was packed with punters and naked girls. Too crowded for us. The club next door was deserted.

Club Fate had some lovely friendly girls.

I could never figure out what that place wanted to be.... when I went there were few girls, no showing going on, but packed like an Oz rugby club party! Another time, got sat with a new girl from Chiangmai and it was a good crack. 

23 hours ago, jacko said:

I could never figure out what that place wanted to be.... when I went there were few girls, no showing going on, but packed like an Oz rugby club party! Another time, got sat with a new girl from Chiangmai and it was a good crack. 

One of the things I love about Thailand is its total inconsistency. A place is wonderful one night and humdrum the next. But it doesn't matter as there are plenty more places and it will all be different tomorrow.

I'm travelling with a mate and we can't work out how some places work. Went to Kink were sitting by the naked girls on stage section. Guys behind us and on both sides were getting personal attention from girls. New guy would arrive and a girl would be on him in seconds. We sat there alone and got no attention whatsoever.

Went to Sugar Sugar and were swamped with very lovely girls.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, awesum4 said:

One of the things I love about Thailand is its total inconsistency. A place is wonderful one night and humdrum the next. But it doesn't matter as there are plenty more places and it will all be different tomorrow.

I'm travelling with a mate and we can't work out how some places work. Went to Kink were sitting by the naked girls on stage section. Guys behind us and on both sides were getting personal attention from girls. New guy would arrive and a girl would be on him in seconds. We sat there alone and got no attention whatsoever.

Went to Sugar Sugar and were swamped with very lovely girls.

Thank you, I was wondering about Kink and had not heard any mention of it. Last time I was in there (during that small hiatus between Covid closures), I really got some attention.... not an inexpensive experience, they were desperate!! The 'new guys' are perhaps not new to the girls. 

12 hours ago, jacko said:

Thank you, I was wondering about Kink and had not heard any mention of it. Last time I was in there (during that small hiatus between Covid closures), I really got some attention.... not an inexpensive experience, they were desperate!! The 'new guys' are perhaps not new to the girls. 

The front 80% is a standard gogo with girls dancing in bikinis...some remove their tops.

The last bit has 4 to 6 girls naked and playing with each other. Every now and then one of those would join a guy watching and have a play. 

Neither the gogo girls nor the naked ones would make eye contact with us...

I tried to go upstairs (had amazing ...expensive) time there in 2019 but was told it was closed even though there was nothing closing it off.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, awesum4 said:

I tried to go upstairs (had amazing ...expensive) time there in 2019 but was told it was closed even though there was nothing closing it off.

IIRC only upstairs was gong when I last went... or perhaps I was so used to simply going straight there! Punters were in such short supply, naked girls were stood looking bored on stage.... some barely clothed were wandering around and being direct.. and a few LDS got you close company and you got hands on. A deliberate avoidance of eye contact you experienced is perplexing.... perhaps they suspended bar-fining to keep girls in house....

Edited by jacko

RT, I do enjoy your 'Food' photos, so a couple of pics of the Hoi would be appreciated ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3