Pictures from around Pattaya

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

Repaving of WS has started. Currently working on the section from the entrance to Soi 14.
P5290006.JPG

P5290010.JPG

P5290011.JPG

Since I was in the area snapped off a couple of pics of the south Pattaya canal.
P5290012.JPG

P5290013.JPG

P5290014.JPG

The market across from Wat Chai on Pattaya Tai is still closed.
P5290018.JPG

P5290020.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Walking St still appears to be a dangerous place to actually try walking!

3 hours ago, maik said:

Road construction at Sai 2 next to Soi Diana.

Yes, I had the pleasure of seeing that too today. 

The mess on sai song 15, behind The Avenue, leading  to The Mercure Hotel is worth a visit if you like that sort of thing!

?

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, jacko said:

The mess on sai song 15, behind The Avenue, leading  to The Mercure Hotel is worth a visit if you like that sort of thing!

?

I'm reading elsewhere that the stretch from the Mercure to Second Road is more or less completed.

Anyone staying anywhere between the shopping mall and Soi Buakhao is in for an "interesting" few months. 

8 hours ago, Bazle said:

I'm reading elsewhere that the stretch from the Mercure to Second Road is more or less completed.

Anyone staying anywhere between the shopping mall and Soi Buakhao is in for an "interesting" few months. 

I  actually was there yesterday and could see some stretches' appeared to be getting levelled off for road resurfacing.... there is no issue from Buakhao to  the corner at the 7-11. 

3 hours ago, jacko said:

... there is no issue from Buakhao to  the corner at the 7-11. 

But don't you expect there will be over the coming months? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Also Heaven Above in Soi Boomerang are expanding but the work pace don’t look heigh ?
Or maybe the workers just having their break.

ha.JPG

4 hours ago, Bazle said:

But don't you expect there will be over the coming months? 

There is little mileage in predictions here pal... but that job has been going on a long time and it never got  round the bend....despite making a mess at that corner, but I don't really know the full plans .... be bad news for say The Hideaway Bar if they went on to Buakhao.

Two days ago they had started on laying down the new pavers. Somebody must have seen it was a piss poor job since today the new pavers at the entrance to walking street are gone.
P5310013.JPG

Farther up WS they're digging broke a water main.
P5310016.JPG

Work continues on the intersection of the enlarged drains near Soi 16.
P5310074.JPG

And over on Soi 15 off of Buakhao no more cutting through The Avenue for vehicles to avoid the construction, but Piss Alley is still open.
P5310001.JPG

If you're on two wheels it's possible to ride the length of Soi 15 to 2nd Rd if you're comfortable riding on sections of soft, shifting dirt and sand.
P5310006.JPG

Looks like the massage shop is still open, but can't image the massage would be very relaxing with the construction noise just outside the front door.
P5310004.JPG

Fully paved up to the Mercure now.
P5310008.JPG

P5310010.JPG

The bend before 2nd Rd is still unfinished.
P5310012.JPG

• Like 4
1 hour ago, maik said:

Some works are going on in Pinup Agogo in WS. Maybe they are expanding the bar to the old size.

pinup1.JPG

pinup2.JPG

Good to see there's progress with getting rid of the cable spaghetti.

9 hours ago, jacko said:

There is little mileage in predictions here pal... but that job has been going on a long time and it never got  round the bend....despite making a mess at that corner, but I don't really know the full plans .... be bad news for say The Hideaway Bar if they went on to Buakhao.

This image seems to show the new drain is going to be the full length of Soi 15, so most certainly bad news for The Hideaway and for the condos and hotels from The Avenue Mall up to Buakhao.

Soi 15(1).jpg

• Thanks 2
6 hours ago, Bazle said:

This image seems to show the new drain is going to be the full length of Soi 15, so most certainly bad news for The Hideaway and for the condos and hotels from The Avenue Mall up to Buakhao.

There are still a couple of condo buildings being finished off around Baku so I expect when they are done they will dig it up towards Buakhao then. That will be a mess and I use that cut through quite a bit.... those businesses from The Hideaway, Tum massage, Thai Visa Express, will be severely impeded for a while then... 

And the rainy season is all but upon us!

Edited by jacko
On 5/29/2022 at 12:46 PM, forcebwithu said:

Repaving of WS has started. Currently working on the section from the entrance to Soi 14.
P5290006.JPG

P5290010.JPG

P5290011.JPG

Since I was in the area snapped off a couple of pics of the south Pattaya canal.
P5290012.JPG

P5290013.JPG

P5290014.JPG

The market across from Wat Chai on Pattaya Tai is still closed.
P5290018.JPG

P5290020.JPG

Good work. Thanks.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Soi 15 update. Still can get to Soi Dianna via Piss Alley, but only foot traffic to The Avenue.

Hi, I suffered this yesterday, wanting to get to Villa from Buakhao.... blocked from before the 7-11. You say foot traffic can make it but from my vantage on the scooter that looked difficult too. So I went down the piss alley thinking I will go a little against traffic on 2nd... no, the road works on 2nd, which start at Kiss make that impossible.... down to a single lane that that takes no prisoners. Had to go down to Beach Rd and back up 13.2

What a bloody mess, great welcome back for the tourists... two bloody years they had to do this shit and now it is a problem...disgusts me. And it will be a growing problem as the work likely moves down soi 15 to Buakhao.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, jacko said:

Hi, I suffered this yesterday, wanting to get to Villa from Buakhao.... blocked from before the 7-11. You say foot traffic can make it but from my vantage on the scooter that looked difficult too. So I went down the piss alley thinking I will go a little against traffic on 2nd... no, the road works on 2nd, which start at Kiss make that impossible.... down to a single lane that that takes no prisoners. Had to go down to Beach Rd and back up 13.2

What a bloody mess, great welcome back for the tourists... two bloody years they had to do this shit and now it is a problem...disgusts me. And it will be a growing problem as the work likely moves down soi 15 to Buakhao.

The curb and construction barrier is what limits access to The Avenue to foot traffic only, or a guy with a camera on a mtn bike. :D

P6080008.JPG

• Thanks 1

Amazing Thailand. I snapped a picture of them restarting the paving project on 29 May. Nine days later they've only managed to pave this small stretch.
P6090003.JPG

P6090006.JPG

P6090010.JPG

The area that once was Simon Beer Bar complex is being cleared.
P6090012.JPG

Heading down Beach Rd to take pics of WS I encountered a backup of traffic that stretched back a good distance. Turns out it was this doofus in the right lane that had stopped with his flashers on. Thought maybe he had engine problems, but as I was taking pictures of the paving work I saw the parked vehicle move out and the van slip into its place. As is the norm here, didn't hear one horn honk in protest.
P6090002.JPG

• Thanks 1
17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Amazing Thailand. I snapped a picture of them restarting the paving project on 29 May. Nine days later they've only managed to pave this small stretch.

Trying to figure out a tidy way to marry up the rectangular blocks with the old hexagonal ones?

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Not surprised to see the no parking signs that went up a little over a month ago are now being ignored and not enforced.
IMG_20220609_213140.JPG

So is this "God's waiting room"??20220609_165628.jpg

Edited by tallguy