Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

38 minutes ago, TheFiend said:

That could apply to any pavement in Thailand!!!

Not to the extent it applies to Klang...  and no completion efforts in sight. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

5 hours ago, jacko said:

They were removing cables on Klang this morning near Big-CX... but don't look up, you will break your ankle on the pavement mess!

You have to look up.  And down.  And up.  You never know where an obstacle will come from when walking the sidewalks there. 

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Saw a crew out this morning shooting tranquillizer darts at soi dogs. If I understood correctly, once tranquilized they're getting a shot of rabies vaccine.
P7110001.JPG

P7110002.JPG

P7110004.JPG

Shame they're not shooting bullets imo.

8 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Shame they're not shooting bullets imo.

I love animals.  Dogs, cats,  wonderful companions to man.  But sadly these wild strays are a threat and something should be done to reduce their numbers.  So I'm not offended by your statement.

Now when it comes to the monkeys on the Bangpra golf course I would volunteer to cull them.  Give me a suppressed scoped rifle and the golfers won't even notice I'm at work.  I hate those things.  And they are dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Saw a crew out this morning shooting tranquillizer darts at soi dogs. If I understood correctly, once tranquilized they're getting a shot of rabies vaccine.

Very commendable... will they find the same dogs a year later for the second vaccine?

11 hours ago, Shooter said:

I love animals.  Dogs, cats,  wonderful companions to man.  But sadly these wild strays are a threat and something should be done to reduce their numbers.  So I'm not offended by your statement.

Now when it comes to the monkeys on the Bangpra golf course I would volunteer to cull them.  Give me a suppressed scoped rifle and the golfers won't even notice I'm at work.  I hate those things.  And they are dangerous.

?

They're working on a major flood control canal about 300m south of Khao Noi on the railway road.
P7140002.JPG

P7140005.JPG

P7140009.JPG

The canal empties into a low spot on the north/south road. No doubt the project includes pumps, but I'm wondering where they intend to pump the water to. There's drainage along the road that runs to the south where there's a pumping station. That station dumps water into an underground canal that ties in to the work they're doing on Sukhumvit by Pattaya Tai, but looking at the size of the above canal the water volume will overwhelm the drainage to the south.
Screen Shot 07-14-22 at 12.39 PM.JPG

• Like 1

For the life of me I don't recall ever going to the upstairs area and don't know why.    I think it was a restaurant but I never took the time to explore it.

I miss the beer bars on the ground level but I  know that's a part of history that's just gone.

beer bars in front of Petes.png

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, kingarthur said:

All very nice but once you get a thunder storm how/where will the water disperse?

Only wandered a short way but couldn't see any drains.

Good point, but they've had pavers for years and they haven't been undercut by storm water. Suspect the sand base and proximity to the sea allows for quick drainage.

2 minutes ago, 9cisco999 said:

For the life of me I don't recall ever going to the upstairs area and don't know why.    I think it was a restaurant but I never took the time to explore it.

I miss the beer bars on the ground level but I  know that's a part of history that's just gone.

beer bars in front of Petes.png

Ground level bars are still there, and have recently gotten a makeover.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, forcebwithu said:

Ground level bars are still there, and have recently gotten a makeover.

I understand that but I think they also look like they were designed taking an idea from "Modern Architecture"  

Do you think the current rendition  compares favorably in  the least to  what we knew prior to the Pandemic?

13 hours ago, 9cisco999 said:

I understand that but I think they also look like they were designed taking an idea from "Modern Architecture"  

Do you think the current rendition  compares favorably in  the least to  what we knew prior to the Pandemic?

TBH, other than the removal of the boxing ring, the makeover looks like a cleaned up version of the old beer bars.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

!

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 11.965kB, and was skipped

OK

Gents - I am unable to post photographs on this forum.  I get a message box with text as above.  My status is shown as upgrade.  Is there any limit as to how much upload space is allowed to members of different levels.

Thanks.

Edited by blue_flag
1 hour ago, blue_flag said:

!

1 file would exceed the total allowed size of 11.965kB, and was skipped

OK

Gents - I am unable to post photographs on this forum.  I get a message box with text as above.  My status is shown as upgrade.  Is there any limit as to how much upload space is allowed to members of different levels.

Thanks.

I have PM'd admin to upgrade you.... @frostfire

Mobile data anyone...
P7310018.JPG

Puzzled why the Thai's felt the need to paint all the arrows the length of Soi Arunotai. Doubt anyone has ever confused this as a one way soi. 
P7310024.JPG

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Mobile data anyone...
P7310018.JPG

Puzzled why the Thai's felt the need to paint all the arrows the length of Soi Arunotai. Doubt anyone has ever confused this as a one way soi. 
P7310024.JPG

They must have a job lot of paint to use up. They've been down Cosy Beach painting solid yellow lines down the middle of road and box grids at some of the junctions. It won't make any difference.