Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

1 minute ago, tallguy said:

They must have a job lot of paint to use up. They've been down Cosy Beach painting solid yellow lines down the middle of road and box grids at some of the junctions. It won't make any difference.

They've really gone to town with the paint on 3rd Rd too. You're right the lines and box grids probably won't make one iota of difference. What annoys me though are the rumble strips they put ahead of each intersection. Quite a few of those on 3rd Rd now. Fortunately there's a gap in the strips between lanes, so I aim my bike down the gap to avoid the nut jarring rumble strips.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

On 7/29/2022 at 10:51 PM, blue_flag said:

A few from the morning walk to and along Beach Road.

0B0A2009.jpg

0B0A2010.jpg

0B0A2013.jpg

0B0A2017-Pano.jpg

0B0A2020.jpg

0B0A2021.jpg

0B0A2033.jpg

0B0A2046.jpg

0B0A2049.jpg

0B0A2058.jpg

0B0A2067.jpg

0B0A2068.jpg

0B0A2069.jpg

0B0A2078.jpg

0B0A2080.jpg

0B0A2086.jpg

0B0A2089.jpg

0B0A2090.jpg

0B0A2093.jpg

0B0A2097.jpg

0B0A2101.jpg

8 hours ago, blue_flag said:

A few from this morning.

0B0A2278.jpg

0B0A2282.jpg

0B0A2283.jpg

0B0A2284.jpg

0B0A2288.jpg

0B0A2291.jpg

0B0A2292.jpg

0B0A2300.jpg

0B0A2302.jpg

Nice series of pics Blue Flag.  Much appreciated!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, JONPAT said:

Does anyone know which day this year is the 'free entrance' day for Sanctuary of Truth?

They used to do it for the previous King's birthday, 9th December..... not heard of it in recent times.

• Thanks 1
On 7/31/2022 at 1:19 PM, forcebwithu said:

They've really gone to town with the paint on 3rd Rd too. You're right the lines and box grids probably won't make one iota of difference. What annoys me though are the rumble strips they put ahead of each intersection. Quite a few of those on 3rd Rd now. Fortunately there's a gap in the strips between lanes, so I aim my bike down the gap to avoid the nut jarring rumble strips.

White lines down the sides of the road today. Even more useless than the yellow lines.

20220801_140915.jpg

On 7/31/2022 at 1:19 PM, forcebwithu said:

I concur about the rumble strips. Back home you'll find them just ahead of crossings and roundabouts, ostensibly to remind you to slow down (bloody nanny state). Here (e.g. Thepprasit, Thappraya and now 3rd road) they're present in large numbers way before there's any need to slow down. Often, owing to traffic, you can't steer through the middle and avoid the really annoying rumble that can't be doing your suspension any good either. These are really useless and very annoying wastes of money for which I guess some prat in authority has earned a nice little kickback.  

• Upvote 1

Tents are going up on Beach Rd for August's music festivals. I might also add there's been a noticeable uptick in tour bus and flag following groups on Beach Rd.
P8040018.JPG

WS repaving update.
P8040040.JPG

P8040044.JPG

P8040046.JPG

Don't know why they went to plain cream color for all the pavers on this stretch.
P8040050.JPG

Mix of colors start again at the Buddha tree.
P8040052.JPG

P8040057.JPG

P8040058.JPG

Soi 15 work progress.
P8040062.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

P8040023.JPG

Looks like a new bar or restaurant is going up on Soi 15.
P8040064.JPG

The organic farm on Soi Full Love Inn is building what looks like a sales area for their product.
P8040066.JPG

P8040067.JPG

And farther east on the same soi the new market is making very slow progress.
P8040077.JPG

P8040080.JPG

P8040083.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 7/17/2022 at 6:59 PM, 9cisco999 said:

For the life of me I don't recall ever going to the upstairs area and don't know why.    I think it was a restaurant but I never took the time to explore it.

At one time it was a go-go / night club, not very inspiring, think I lasted about half a beer.

9 hours ago, yselmike said:

All spick n span,and ready for all those high end tourists. 

It got a good wash down a couple of times during Covid.... first time since 1989!

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Traffic on 2nd Rd was backed up quite a bit because of this dickhead.

I noticed people were parking in the yellow boxes on 2nd Rd too, also on the pedestrian crossings. 'Parking like a dickhead' is a special section required during the Thai driving licence test. Any thoughts as to what a few others might be?

59 minutes ago, jacko said:

I noticed people were parking in the yellow boxes on 2nd Rd too, also on the pedestrian crossings. 'Parking like a dickhead' is a special section required during the Thai driving licence test. Any thoughts as to what a few others might be?

"Parking like a dickhead" is not just a Thai thing.... I see examples of it every day in the UK.

1 hour ago, jacko said:

Another section would be "Do not look before making a turn".

47 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Another section would be "Do not look before making a turn".

I'll put that in the general requirement of 'Driving like I twat' shall I?

• Haha 3

This morning they were working on shoring up the leaning utility pole on Soi 15.
IMG_20220824_114320.JPG

Meanwhile over on Pattaya Klang they've started the removal of the overhead power lines.
IMG_20220824_115927.JPG

Last night I noticed the centerline on 3rd Rd lit up with flashing lights. Seems rather pointless since 3rd Rd is well lit at night. Wonder who's pocket benefited from this latest public works project.
IMG_20220824_115108.JPG

IMG_20220824_115109.JPG

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

This morning they were working on shoring up the leaning utility pole on Soi 15.
IMG_20220824_114320.JPG

Meanwhile over on Pattaya Klang they've started the removal of the overhead power lines.
IMG_20220824_115927.JPG

Last night I noticed the centerline on 3rd Rd lit up with flashing lights. Seems rather pointless since 3rd Rd is well lit at night. Wonder who's pocket benefited from this latest public works project.
IMG_20220824_115108.JPG

IMG_20220824_115109.JPG

During the day yesterday they wete placing those intermittent white markings, you can see in the last two pictures, across the unbroken yellow lines in the middle of the road.  Sort of interesting to see what they do with this and wonder if this will be repeated everywhere else they have painted these lines. Could they have made a mistake??

2 hours ago, tallguy said:

During the day yesterday they wete placing those intermittent white markings, you can see in the last two pictures, across the unbroken yellow lines in the middle of the road.  Sort of interesting to see what they do with this and wonder if this will be repeated everywhere else they have painted these lines. Could they have made a mistake??

Noticed the work they were doing as well, but didn't catch on to what they were doing until I saw the lights switched on last night. The white markings are the concrete dust from where they cut out an opening for placing the light. Noticed on my bike ride this morning they're doing the same on Soi Nurn Plub Wan.

From what I've seen in the west, those lights don't hold up well to traffic running over them. So expect they'll be failing in a month or two. Outside of airport taxi ways and runways, I've never seen them used on long, straight stretches of road. They're most effective on relatively dark roads where there's a bend in the road that has had a high case of accidents. Seems about as pointless as all the arrows they're painting on the road.

IMG_20220824_115109.JPG

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Seems about as pointless as all the arrows they're painting on the road.

I have always felt road markings were a waste of paint here.