Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

11 minutes ago, blue_flag said:

Tree Town Area at night.

The sofas in Baccara look pretty good compared to the parrot perches that seem to be the norm there. I still have not even visited Treetown.....

Thx for the pics. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, jacko said:

The sofas in Baccara look pretty good compared to the parrot perches that seem to be the norm there. I still have not even visited Treetown.....

Thx for the pics. 

Makes a dif for me.  I hate sitting on a stool.  Chair or sofa for me. 

1 hour ago, blue_flag said:

0B0A6018.jpg

0B0A5452.jpg

Mrs Fiend can't walk past a lottery ticket seller without stopping to look at those tickets!!! :banghead

Edited by TheFiend
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, TheFiend said:

Mrs Fiend can't walk past a lottery ticket seller without stopping to look at those tickets!!! :banghead

Hmm not a good sign. Online sales was supposed to reduce these sellers who actually gouge people on prices... although middlemen might be the problem. Was at a Pa Boons restaurant the other day and was pestered 3 times by hawkers, 2 lottery and one jasmine garlands. The old Seinfeld line came to me... 'I will buy some later when I come round to your place, what time do YOU eat?' 

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes its the status quo of the middlemen and their slice of the action at the top of the food chain. That, and the meagre capped volume of tickets that the Online Sales release (for an immediate 'sold out') - presumably so as to preserve the status quo.

Before I was pestered a lot by DVD sellers when I was eating and I didn't like it and one day a guy told me, you have to remember that these people are just trying to make a living, it's better if they sell  something than them out robbing people.

Nice pics again - thank you.

With the road so restricted is that generating a line all the way to Jomtien (in one direction and to Naklua in the other) or is the traffic still so light that it is not too bad?

25 minutes ago, Odense said:

Nice pics again - thank you.

With the road so restricted is that generating a line all the way to Jomtien (in one direction and to Naklua in the other) or is the traffic still so light that it is not too bad?

I have not seen evidence of traffic backing up past South Pattaya Road.

Second Road from South Pattaya Road is restricted to two lanes up to a point just before Kiss Food and Drink/Soi Dianna; they is then aggravated by parked vehicles on the left hand side of the road.   Once past Kiss Food, other than parked vehicles traffic runs reasonably freely.

• Like 1

95 baht for a Tiger Draught is not bad at that bistro. But I am guessing there is also nothing to look at before 20.
I am hoping I am wrong?

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Odense said:

95 baht for a Tiger Draught is not bad at that bistro. But I am guessing there is also nothing to look at before 20.
I am hoping I am wrong?

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

I would expect they have well given up that Bistro nonsense now. They used to have  special 100 baht bottles before 9.00 I think it was, good starter place.

• Like 1

Took a ride down Beach Rd and found the beach showing no signs of damage after last night's heavy and persistent rains. Quite an improvement from years past. Good thing too as it would have been embarrassing to have the Pattaya Beach Games with the beach washed away.
P9040001.JPG

P9040002.JPG

P9040004.JPG

P9040005.JPG

P9040006.JPG

P9040007.JPG

• Like 1

A photo survey of the damage to the beach after last night's storm. Across from Soi 5 repairs underway.
P9050002.JPG

P9050005.JPG

P9050006.JPG

Surprisingly south of Klang I saw no beach erosion.
P9050009.JPG

Across from the Soi 13's in the past had some of the worst erosion. Today nothing.
P9050010.JPG

P9050012.JPG

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Wonder how the powers that be decided Naklua Soi 18 was deserving of the embedded pavement lights, centerline as well as gutter lights no less! Some one has baht to burn.

P9060004.JPG

Doesn't need the wisdom of Solomon

Follow the money from order issuer to receiving contractor 

to find the familial DNA link

:rolleyes: