Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, sailingbill said:

i'm going in the morning to stay 2 nights .The GF said you cannot take your bike in the morning. Take taxi. I told her it would be fine LK is elevated. I just showed her your cam screenshot.  Learned she can speak "i told you so" in Thai,English and Lao.

Still raining in Naklua, i check the cam before leaving in the morning

Once it stops raining the flood waters will drain away within an hour or two. Quite a difference from several years ago. The drainage work they've been working on the last couple of years is having a positive effect on removing the water quickly.

• Like 1
Once it stops raining the flood waters will drain away within an hour or two. Quite a difference from several years ago. The drainage work they've been working on the last couple of years is having a positive effect on removing the water quickly.
So - contrary to many comments on this board - they perhaps knew what they were doing.

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Odense said:

So - contrary to many comments on this board - they perhaps knew what they were doing.

Seeing how slow the public works projects take here, I wouldn't go that far. It's also questionable how long the drains will remain effective given the amount of garbage and road debris that gets dumped into them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
12 hours ago, sailingbill said:

i'm going in the morning to stay 2 nights .The GF said you cannot take your bike in the morning. Take taxi. I told her it would be fine LK is elevated. I just showed her your cam screenshot.  Learned she can speak "i told you so" in Thai,English and Lao.

Still raining in Naklua, i check the cam before leaving in the morning

Where did you get the impression LK was 'elevated?  Buakhao is an old swamp and I suspect isn't far above sea level, but it is in a depression. I was fortunate to leave town before 1pm yesterday and get home..... and watched the torrential rain there. I was on the North edge of the thunderstorms so knew town was getting hit bad. Went out to eat (at an indoor place of course) about 5.30pm, and driving home an hour or so later it had stopped and I was astounded how clear and clean things looked! The air had a good wash!

Rumour has it, all the new pipes help things drain quickly so you may well be OK....(rain forecast today, but a dryer spell after that).

10 minutes ago, jacko said:

Where did you get the impression LK was 'elevated?  Buakhao is an old swamp and I suspect isn't far above sea level, but it is in a depression. I was fortunate to leave town before 1pm yesterday and get home..... and watched the torrential rain there. I was on the North edge of the thunderstorms so knew town was getting hit bad. Went out to eat (at an indoor place of course) about 5.30pm, and driving home an hour or so later it had stopped and I was astounded how clear and clean things looked! The air had a good wash!

Rumour has it, all the new pipes help things drain quickly so you may well be OK....(rain forecast today, but a dryer spell after that).

Problem with the pipes is - they make a good place to dispose of garbage.  Eventually they'll clog them up.  TIT.

4 hours ago, jacko said:

Sometimes i talk shit to the GF because i'm going to do what i want. However will be taking a taxi to Areca today as i noted your rain forecast.  Same when i showed her Jeremy Clarkson's brilliant series on owning a farm.  I'm kindred spirit  but the GF teases im Green Acres Oliver!!  . Public service announcement, Its another no alcohol day.   Hopefully my lovely on Soi 6 and i can take a bottle upstairs.  

• Haha 2

Rain forecasts?  From what I’ve seen lately, the so-called weather forecasts aren’t worth much.  They seem to change hour to hour.  For example, this morning they were forecasting rain for most of the day. Two hours later, the forecast was for cloudy skies all day.  I always take a look at the radar before I go anywhere.  Not much better, but at least I can see what’s coming my way in the near term.

13 hours ago, js007 said:

Rain forecasts?  From what I’ve seen lately, the so-called weather forecasts aren’t worth much.  They seem to change hour to hour.  For example, this morning they were forecasting rain for most of the day. Two hours later, the forecast was for cloudy skies all day.  I always take a look at the radar before I go anywhere.  Not much better, but at least I can see what’s coming my way in the near term.

Rained most of the morning where I am! More late afternoon.

Later Edit?

Pretty heavy this Tuesday morning too!

Edited by jacko

Total bust last night. I guess a serious Buddha day. Not even a Soi 6 girl.  A waitress said she would join me at Areca after she got off work. Never showed. Amazing as i really wanted her. Even held up 5 fingers in stupidity and desperation.  

Hope springs a new tonight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Touch up work on the beach.
PA120010.JPG

PA120019.JPG

Soi 15 progress report
PA120029.JPG

PA120036.JPG

Pedestrian and those on two wheels path to get through the construction site.
PA120037.JPG

Traffic jam on Soi 15 at the entrance to The Grand and Centara.
PA120039.JPG

PA120042.JPG

Closer to the Buakhao end a noise maker at work on a side soi off Soi 15.
PA120044.JPG

• Like 2
On 10/11/2022 at 8:00 PM, Odense said:

5 fingers for 5000 baht?
For ST or LT?

Sendt fra min ANE-LX1 med Tapatalk

baht didn't care. Lt or st up to her, found another girl. She stayed 2 nights 1k a night. you win and you lose, i dont care .Kinks is great. Appreciate the pictures Force. Traffic has been terrible on second road.   Sorry to drift and hope im not sounding like Gabor but last week in Stickman someone posted 3k st 5k as it was definite.  This is not true. Called a girlfriend from America last night. Told her i want to sail across the Atlantic. I said your old, your a doctor and have money so you can go. She said maybe.   Sorry Jacko, Pwd. I get my coat.

1 hour ago, sailingbill said:

baht didn't care. Lt or st up to her, found another girl. She stayed 2 nights 1k a night. you win and you lose, i dont care .Kinks is great. Appreciate the pictures Force. Traffic has been terrible on second road.   Sorry to drift and hope im not sounding like Gabor but last week in Stickman someone posted 3k st 5k as it was definite.  This is not true. Called a girlfriend from America last night. Told her i want to sail across the Atlantic. I said your old, your a doctor and have money so you can go. She said maybe.   Sorry Jacko, Pwd. I get my coat.

Drunk or PTSD?

Saw the following pics on the FB page for Pattaya's mayor (link). The drains pictured are at the intersection of 3rd Rd and Klang. With that much debris accumulated in the drains it's no surprise the flooding continues.

311692410_220300183658559_7924367421297286923_n.jpg

311704651_220300250325219_8979386330543443939_n.jpg

311670291_220300283658549_2784889692737073116_n.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Saw the following pics on the FB page for Pattaya's mayor (link). The drains pictured are at the intersection of 3rd Rd and Klang. With that much debris accumulated in the drains it's no surprise the flooding continues.

311692410_220300183658559_7924367421297286923_n.jpg

311704651_220300250325219_8979386330543443939_n.jpg

311670291_220300283658549_2784889692737073116_n.jpg

It might help the trash in the drain problem if they would put some trash cans around on the sidewalks so people don't have to throw trash on street. I know many people won't use them anyway but many would.

Walking Street last night.

ln01.JPG

ln02.JPG

Zeus – a new (beer?) bar next to Skyfall.

ln03.JPG

Not many ‘Russo Touristo’ in Pattaya.

ln05.JPG

ln06.JPG

Soi 15.

ln07.JPG

Frog – the new beer bar complex.

ln08.JPG

And two from LK Metro.

ln09.JPG

ln10.JPG

ln04.JPG

• Like 2

What an unmitigated mess.....at an end of the Beach Rd that I thought did not need widening.....just in time for high season, which starts in what, 7 days?

• Like 1

Living in Naklua 5 years, frequently take my bike from Dolphin on south. Not once have i seen the smallest delay before you hit Central.  Came out of Soi Post Office yesterday intending to get a BB. I was walking faster than the traffic. Got past the Avenue,gave up a got a MB taxi to weave us to the 6.    As you say, in time for high season.