Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.

Pictures from around Pattaya

Today's pics of our old favourite soi 15 (Buakhao/2nd Rd)... where the drainage digging was put on hold after a digger or cherry picker started a fire after hitting electrical wiring. The project has not resumed.. leaving the road passable, but a bit rough... it will be worse when it rains....but that is not thought about during the dry season. They might remember about the project when it does rain and one end floods. Can't remember which end of this road used to flood worst... I know Buakhao has always been bad, more so to the North, it used to be a swamp area. 

Soi 15 is popular, quite a few condo  buildings have gone up.... not sure I would like to live there, despite it being central for many places. It seems always to be noisy... concrete being cut every day....even today with drainage work suspended. Stood there trying to talk on the phone today.... watching some guy smoking in his   little box, doing that silly thing of keeping one arm outside with the cigarette.... as dust likely poured in. 

20230115_102431.jpg

20230115_102423.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Just walking down a small Soi off Soi 5 Pratumnak and stumbled up on these wonderful examples of British Cars when they was in their prime. Pattaya just never ceases to amaze what it has to offer in many different ways.

2680E0D7-F7F4-4862-9F11-C82609E02C8B.jpeg

B6F86787-FD7F-4E06-9AA3-7B543E80774C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
10 hours ago, Broughton said:

Just walking down a small Soi off Soi 5 Pratumnak and stumbled up on these wonderful examples of British Cars when they was in their prime. Pattaya just never ceases to amaze what it has to offer in many different ways.

Coincidentally I happened to be watching an old edition of Top Gear last night where the 3 big kids were in India. The 'British' cars they were using, an old Jag... now Indian, a RR, German, and a Mini Cooper, (BMW ?). Sad but time moves on. 

Edited by jacko
9 hours ago, jacko said:

Coincidentally I happened to be watching an old edition of Top Gear last night where the 3 big kids were in India. The 'British' cars they were using, an old Jag... now Indian, a RR, German, and a Mini Cooper, (BMW ?). Sad but time moves on. 

Have you noticed the MGs are back?  I guess some Chinese company bought the name.  I’ve seen a few reviews of them and I’ve seen them around Pattaya. Some people say they’re not bad.

I never had much luck with British sports cars. The were always breaking down for one reason or another. My very first car was a Sunbeam Alpine. That car was broken more often than not. I’ve also had two MGBs, an Austin Healy Bugeye Sprite, and a Triumph Spitfire. Mostly all too much trouble. I finally started buying Japanese sports cars. Those usually work.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
34 minutes ago, js007 said:

Have you noticed the MGs are back?  I guess some Chinese company bought the name.  I’ve seen a few reviews of them and I’ve seen them around Pattaya. Some people say they’re not bad.

I never had much luck with British sports cars. The were always breaking down for one reason or another. My very first car was a Sunbeam Alpine. That car was broken more often than not. I’ve also had two MGBs, an Austin Healy Bugeye Sprite, and a Triumph Spitfire. Mostly all too much trouble. I finally started buying Japanese sports cars. Those usually work.

The Chinese took over Rover Group when it went into liquidation around 2005. Any modern MG you have seen has been manufactured under Chinese ownership.

2 hours ago, js007 said:

If I had more money than Gates...I would be all over an Aston Martin.

14 hours ago, js007 said:

Have seen a lot of them.  The price is extremely good.  And they look OK.  I have no idea if they are reliable or will hold up.  I did ride in the back of one of the pickups and it wasn't very comfortable but heck, beggars can't be choosers.

Cheap Charlie central...the water dispenser in Big_CX food court is used by many to top up several bottles. The 7s must be losing a lot of business.

20230129_094305.jpg

And where the Malee House on Lengkee used to be, a new eatery is nearly ready...sad in a way. We are losing the old Thai style places.

20230129_120300.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Sad 2
4 hours ago, yorta2 said:

Thanks for those shots; I have often wondered what that temple was like inside - now I know.

It is an interesting temple, per se, however for photography it is quite challenging.  Inside the lighting is quite dim, which of course makes things difficult when strong direct light shines through the windows.  The exhibits on the ground floor are very closely packed together which makes things tricky.  Outside the main issue is very directional strong sunlight which leaves half your photograph slightly over exposed and the other half under exposed.  Lightroom and Photoshop can do a lot but they don't do miracles.  I may return on a day. when the sun is more subdued.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, firth1974 said:

How is Soi 15 now for roadworks? Im booked into a hotel top of the Soi in 3 weeks time.

Quiet as the construction crew and equipment have gone missing ever since the utility line fire a couple of months ago.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Quiet as the construction crew and equipment have gone missing ever since the utility line fire a couple of months ago.

Nice. Hope it stays that way for a while 

5 hours ago, firth1974 said:

Nice. Hope it stays that way for a while 

Which end do you mean by 'Top'.....of soi 15?

I was walking around there between the back of The Areca and The Avenue, which was okay. But I wouldn't want to use it as a thoroughfare from Bua khao to The Avenue often... the abandoned work has not left the best surface...

Get through the Avenue and Second Rd is down to a singe lane, the rest of it has become a car park. They should be resurfacing but didn't seem to be happening. Things just stop here between phases. 

Edited by jacko
11 minutes ago, jacko said:

Which end do you mean by 'Top'.....of soi 15?

I was walking around there between the back of The Areca and The Avenue, which was okay. But I wouldn't want to use it as a thoroughfare from Bua khao to The Avenue often... the abandoned work has not left the best surface...

Get through the Avenue and Second Rd is down to a singe lane, the rest of it has become a car park. They should be resurfacing but didn't seem to be happening. Things just stop here between phases. 

Staying at the Amethyst Hotel

3 minutes ago, firth1974 said:

Staying at the Amethyst Hotel

As stated, ok to stroll onto Buakhao from there.... wouldn't want to do the stagger from as far as the Avenue after a few.