Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

As of this morning road in front of your hotel is in decent shape.
P2130003.JPG

The torn up bits don't start until farther down the soi.
P2130006.JPG

And the worst of it is in front of Centara.
P2130010.JPG

Thats good to hear. Thanks buddy for the update. Dont suppose you know if there is a decent laundry along this part of the soi do you? Im in Sweden and Vietnam for 10 days beforehand and will be in need of some washing been done!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

13 hours ago, firth1974 said:

Thats good to hear. Thanks buddy for the update. Dont suppose you know if there is a decent laundry along this part of the soi do you? Im in Sweden and Vietnam for 10 days beforehand and will be in need of some washing been done!

There are aa few new shops just opened opposite Visa Express and Tum's Massage (another massage of course), thought I saw a laundry there... nevertheless some in Lengkhee nearby. 

18 hours ago, firth1974 said:

Had a look on this morning's ride and saw only this laundry place on the Soi 15 stretch to The Avenue. The clothes come back in plastic bags so shouldn't be too much road dust on them.
P2140002.JPG

P2140002Prices.JPG

And if you want DIY laundry, there's this place on Buakhao just south of the Soi 15 intersection. As an added benefit you can cancel your hotel reservation and book a room there. :D
P2140004.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Wats around the outskirts often have annual festivals. Various stalls, darts, cork guns, baby animal petting, bingo.  Of course food, a lot of sweets, cakes, bugs etc. Often a few fairground rides. Live music in the evenings...stops at midnight.

20230216_191724.jpg20230216_191102.jpg20230216_192644.jpg20230216_192619.jpg

My personal treat...

20230217_112619.jpg

Some of the show a bit raunchy for temple grounds.

20230219_220124.jpg20230219_235319.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Like 3

The old buggers among us may recall the Tops shopping mall at second and klang...bowls, second hand books and other shops upstairs. Down, the supermarket, and a small food court where excellent Thai food could be had. 

Where did it go...? What will it be.

20230226_095706.jpg

The rough bit of soi 15, Bua khao.

20230226_101412.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With no parking seaside having gone into effect today, traffic was moving much better on Beach Rd.
P3010002.JPG

I wasn't quick enough to stop and get my camera out, but they're sill holding up traffic to let the Chinese sheep cross the road to their self-loading cargo vessel.
P3010006.JPG

The no parking in front of Tree Town is a confusing. Only one sign and no clear indication of where the no parking ends. Result is a you get more than a few meters away from the lonely sign and it's parking as usual. IMHO, it's not the cars and bikes parked that is causing the congestion problems on Buakhao, it's the many vehicles that randomly stop to let off or take on passengers. Having a clear spot in front of Tree Town won't resolve that as from what I've seen, the cars stop closest to their passengers' destination, even if it happens to be the middle of an intersection.
P3010008.JPG

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 3
16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

it's the many vehicles that randomly stop to let off or take on passengers.

I certainly agree.... getting round them either on the bike or on foot has always been part of the battle. Large delivery trucks, for Family Marts and the 7-11s part of the tale.... but there seems to be an air of 'fxck everyone' else when pickups are parked there to allow a visit to said shops or drop off, as you say. No solution with the amount of traffic there. 

• Like 1

Sorry about the reflections.

20230305_102035.jpg

If you are a pedestrian you may or may not have a pavement. This is one of the better ones, watch out for holes underfoot too.

20230305_100343.jpg

Bling, less bling!

20230305_102103.jpg

Some motorists are slow to learn they really mean it this time, no parking on Beach Rd. And if you do choose to ignore the no parking signs, don't be as daft as this guy and park within a few meters of the police station.
P3060002.JPG

Amazing Thailand...
P3060005.JPG

The backhoe operator is obviously enamored with the sight of himself.
P3060007.JPG

• Like 2
20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Some motorists are slow to learn they really mean it this time, no parking on Beach Rd. And if you do choose to ignore the no parking signs, don't be as daft as this guy and park within a few meters of the police station.

I notice there are not any lines or kerb markings to inform of the no parking rule... are there signs or anything to tell motorists?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, jacko said:

I notice there are not any lines or kerb markings to inform of the no parking rule... are there signs or anything to tell motorists?

Plenty of no parking signs along the beach side of Beach Rd. About one every 25m or so. They'll probably get around eventually to painting the curbs (kerbs), but if the driver was the least bit aware he/she should have noticed the lack of cars parked on that side and figured something was up. But then again, Thais are conditioned to treat laws as suggestions.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Picture of the spacing of the no parking signs. If they had turned them to face passing traffic it would increase their visibility, but still they're close enough that you would have to be fairly nearsighted, or have your head in the phone too much to not see them while parking.

P3070003.JPG

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Picture of the spacing of the no parking signs. If they had turned them to face passing traffic it would increase their visibility, but still they're close enough that you would have to be fairly nearsighted, or have your head in the phone too much to not see them while parking.

P3070003.JPG

..........or Thai and just ignore them and park underneath the sign!! ?

Talking of pavemens, the job never quite gets finished here. Always a few bits left incomplete, sometimes for weeks, months, forever. Pattaya Klang as an example.

20230312_100909.jpg

Don't look up, the buried cables are there!

20230312_101026.jpg

A disappointed customer?

20230312_104310.jpg

Looks like Bling will look different inside when it next opens. Somebody has plenty money...but look around, nobody else in this area does.  It is mostly crumbling old derelict structures around puddles.

20230312_104415.jpg

Another example, old  Retox location, a scavengers base of ops.

20230312_114817.jpg

20230312_114759.jpg

Last but not least...don't be taken in, it's a trap!

20230312_115448.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Like 1

Admin/Mod Team

Have you been able to increase the size of my photo storage space on the forum.  At the moment I can not post any pictures directly on the forum and the 'way round'. using a link from Flickr does not seem to be working either.

Thanks.

Edited by blue_flag
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, jacko said:

20230319_095811.jpg

20230317_113012.jpgDo I need one of these?

I think the question should be

"Does my Mrs's brothers' cousins's nephew need one of these?" ?

• Haha 2

Spotted the wild Arunotai pig out and about yesterday evening. There's also a monkey that's been walking the area wires and rooftops, but I've been too slow to get my camera out to take a pic.

IMG_20230319_180613a.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well it is far too hot to be wandering about town taking pictures. The March sun will burn a hole in the top of your head. There is also a lot of traffic, both in town, and trying to get in and out of it. They keep having festivals, but the roads can't support it. Beware guys, heat had me feeling dizzy. 

Two pictures from Buakhao, what was a beer bar for some years, then an Expat food shop for but a few months,  looks like it has  failed. I didn't get my treat, a bit of English cheese.

20230326_111615.jpg

20230326_111710.jpg

Edited by jacko
  • Haha 1