Instructions on joining the Members Only Forum

Pictures from around Pattaya

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on Walking Street last week, had a good time.  Doorman wouldn't let me into Pinup at 7:55 so I went over to XS for a beer, when I came back at 8:30 I was lucky to get a table in the back.  The b

A few from Tree Town and surrounds from earlier this evening.  

Sanctuary of Truth.  Admission is 500 baht.  Quite busy this afternoon.  They do try to get visitors to stay in groups (50 in our case).  I managed to get lost from the group and did my own thing taki

Posted Images

A clever repurposing of Styrofoam ice chests; a hydroponic garden for a restaurant on Soi Bong Koch.
P4110004.JPG

P4110002.JPG

A tire trap for those on two wheels on the stalled road works on Soi 15.
P4110006.JPG

Seems there's also something blocking the Beach Rd footpath.
P4110009.JPG

Thought it was tomorrow the madness started. Looks like I was wrong. The beginning of 9 days of madness in Pattaya.
P4110010.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Our ice truck comes down the street every morning. I thought I’ll just buy an ice maker . Looking into it they are complex, prone to needing repairs and will get dirty and difficult to clean.  Sometimes the simplest things are best. And the ice guy is nice, stopping to talk. I’m still a bit of farang oddity here .

5 hours ago, sailingbill said:

Our ice truck comes down the street every morning. I thought I’ll just buy an ice maker . Looking into it they are complex, prone to needing repairs and will get dirty and difficult to clean.  Sometimes the simplest things are best. And the ice guy is nice, stopping to talk. I’m still a bit of farang oddity here .

I've known the ice guy for years as we buy the ice for hash runs from him. Super nice guy, hard working. The large bags of ice are 30B. We also buy block ice that takes two people to lift for 120B each. No charge for delivery.

This is why we need large ice blocks... :chogdee👣
DSC_0026_censored.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

been there done that. got a free t-shirt for it and had a lovely lass beside though.

🙈🙉🙊 nice to see some things are the same.

20230430_100547.jpg

And perhaps they wonder why the low lying streets flood in rainy season. I was thinking about this, and had always thought it was done to stop the smell from sewage lines at say bar fronts. But this is more likely a storm drain carrying only rainwater and rats.

20230413_094835.jpg

This beastie I stood on in my pool, fortunately dead or I might have freaked...and been in pain. Probably worried into the pool by my curious cat.

Edited by jacko
58 minutes ago, jacko said:

20230430_100547.jpg

And perhaps they wonder why the low lying streets flood in rainy season. I was thinking about this, and had always thought it was done to stop the smell from sewage lines at say bar fronts. But this is more likely a storm drain carrying only rainwater and rats.

20230413_094835.jpg

This beastie I stood on in my pool, fortunately dead or I might have freaked...and been in pain. Probably worried into the pool by my curious cat.

There's so much garbage in the storm water drains the smell from the stuff decaying is quite strong. Thus the reason they cover the drain gates. During heavy flooding, more than likely those same drains turn into mini-fountains as the rush of water from uphill overwhelms the drain system downstream.

Here's a pic I took of the fountaining on Beach Rd back in Aug 2021.

P8270070.jpg

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

There's so much garbage in the storm water drains the smell from the stuff decaying is quite strong. Thus the reason they cover the drain gates. During heavy flooding, more than likely those same drains turn into mini-fountains as the rush of water from uphill overwhelms the drain system downstream.

Here's a pic I took of the fountaining on Beach Rd back in Aug 2021.

I once got held up by floodwater on Soi Bongkoch.. on the motorcycle. I stopped, water nearly to my calves, to watch other guys ride through to make sure no surprises lurked under the water. I felt tickling on my legs and looked to see half a dozen plus roaches crawling all over my legs. There were many others swimming around on the surface, obviously forced from the  flooded storm drains. Gives me the creeps to recall it. I did quite a dance when I got onto a dry patch!

• Haha 4

I know tourists think the flooding is clean water since it came from rain.  Au contraire.  The water that floods Pattaya is not clean at all.  it mixes with the shit in the sewers.  I remember one time I had to walk/wade home from LK Metro to Soi 13 and Second road.  And OK I'd had a few.

I walked to the end of LK Metro and the water was rushing.  And about knee high.  Despite being inebriated I realized I could easily be knocked off my feet by that and get pinned under a car and die.  OK, yes I am a pussy.  So I waded around back up LK Metro to Buakhao and over to Soi 15 and down safely.  But that isn't the worst of it.

I had on new shoes that I really liked.  Yeah yeah I know.  Weird for a guy but I wasn't going to ruin them.  So I was waking BAREFOOT.  Yikes.  All I could think was please God don't let me cut my feet.  Long story short I made it home with only one incident where I stepped on something that felt furry (do not want to know).  Instantly in the shower scrubbing my feet and legs.

Woke up to a low grade fever just from walking in that shit water.  Or a hangover but I don't normally have those so I'm assigning blame on the water.  🤮

Reason no. 2,675 why Pattaya has flooding problems. My neighbor trimmed their bushes and trees over a week ago and it looks like they're leaving the debris for the next rainstorm to clean up with the smaller bits ending up further clogging the drain system.
P5010012.JPG

• Like 1
8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Reason no. 2,675 why Pattaya has flooding problems. My neighbor trimmed their bushes and trees over a week ago and it looks like they're leaving the debris for the next rainstorm to clean up with the smaller bits ending up further clogging the drain system.
P5010012.JPG

Might simply be a demarcation matter. Most Moo Baans have a road cleaner sweeper as part of the monthly maintenance fee.

13 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Might simply be a demarcation matter. Most Moo Baans have a road cleaner sweeper as part of the monthly maintenance fee.

Not in this case. Never seen a street cleaner on my soi or the surrounding soi's in the 10 years of living in the neighborhood. He has another pile of debris on the other side of his driveway that's been there for months.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Not in this case. Never seen a street cleaner on my soi or the surrounding soi's in the 10 years of living in the neighborhood. He has another pile of debris on the other side of his driveway that's been there for months.

Time for an upgrade?

:P

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Regyai said:

Time for an upgrade?

:P

Take more than a mess across the soi to get me to pull up stakes. I like where I'm living. Nice 2 story, 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom detached house with a garden area. Rent is only 16k/month.

Also, don't know if it's coincidence or the neighbor reads the forum, but they're out this evening cleaning up the debris. :clap2

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Certainly an issue...... my pool gets clogged a lot during this time of year due to falling leaves. Guy who does my garden takes away  debris, which is mainly leaves but heaven knows where he puts it. 

4 hours ago, jacko said:

Certainly an issue...... my pool gets clogged a lot during this time of year due to falling leaves. Guy who does my garden takes away  debris, which is mainly leaves but heaven knows where he puts it. 

Oh it gets worse. I love strawberries but no luck growing them here. I was searching for a solution and a fellow who had his septic tank pumped asked the driver where the waste goes. Said he goes up north and spreads the raw waste on strawberry farms for fertilizer.  More incentive for me to try to raise them in KK when im settled.

• 2 weeks later...