Displayed prices are for multiple nights. Check the site for price per night. I see hostels starting at 200b/day and hotels from 500b/day on agoda.
forcebwithu

Pictures from around Pattaya

'I have always had a soft spot for the old beach road path design.' 

Yes I liked it for being able to sit down, chat to the girls, lots of seats. The flowered area in your first pic was taken away for MB parking, controlled by guys who had no authority to do it as far as I could see 

51 minutes ago, jomtienguy said:

Ed_k-EvXsAEvolf.jpg

Saw this mentioned on another forum. Can't believe the owner thought this was a good idea. And what were the ladies thinking to allow what amounts to permanent advertising on their body's. And then there are the idiots liking the FB post of this.

51 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Saw this mentioned on another forum. Can't believe the owner thought this was a good idea. And what were the ladies thinking to allow what amounts to permanent advertising on their body's. And then there are the idiots liking the FB post of this.

I suspect that they are transfers rather than tattoos, hence can be washed off.

43 minutes ago, Bazle said:

The video shows they used tattoo guns.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

The video shows they used tattoo guns.

In which case, I totally agree with your comment. So bloody stupid!

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

In which case, I totally agree with your comment. So bloody stupid!

Glad it's a bar I don't go into. Uncomfortable seating and loud, shit music.

16 hours ago, Bazle said:

You can see the protective cling film that is used after a real Tat is done, so I suspect they are real. Rather an ugly show of 'their bodies are mine to use as I see fit' I thought.

3 hours ago, jacko said:

You can see the protective cling film that is used after a real Tat is done, so I suspect they are real. Rather an ugly show of 'their bodies are mine to use as I see fit' I thought.

I have no recollection of any cling film put on my Tattoo ...but Darlo in the 70s is perhaps  not the best comparison....However, I agree totally with the disgust of "ownership" of any human being by another... Fuck knows what "incentive" is being pumped into the girls to do this!

I still live in hope that this is some sort of temporary body "art"..... which I'm sure it is!

Just now, gs joe said:

Relieved a branding iron wasn’t use  ,,,

Unfortunately there is a "heffer" joke in there somewhere but it would be more distasteful than the tattoos..

1 hour ago, Bullfrog said:

I have no recollection of any cling film put on my Tattoo ...but Darlo in the 70s is perhaps  not the best comparison....However, I agree totally with the disgust of "ownership" of any human being by another... Fuck knows what "incentive" is being pumped into the girls to do this!

I still live in hope that this is some sort of temporary body "art"..... which I'm sure it is!

It has only been around since the late 60s in the USA, Darlington... well likely still unknown! there  That particular use like;ly came much later too.

The vacant land next to Pirates on Soi Full Love Inn was fenced in about a month ago and is now being used as a garden.
50164795753_8c1df750cd_b.jpg

50165330671_df75c274dd_b.jpg

50164795683_6da6dc95f2_b.jpg

50165589022_81a9a7ec6f_b.jpg

50165588982_b9cd97ddd6_b.jpg

Just now, forcebwithu said:

The vacant land next to Pirates on Soi Full Love Inn was fenced in about a month ago and is now being used as a garden.
50164795753_8c1df750cd_b.jpg

50165330671_df75c274dd_b.jpg

50164795683_6da6dc95f2_b.jpg

50165589022_81a9a7ec6f_b.jpg

50165588982_b9cd97ddd6_b.jpg

Y'know I have often wondered why the Thai owners of small plots of land don't rent them out to Farang condo dwellers... To me it would be heaven to have a little place to sit outside, drink beer, talk shit and at the same time watching spuds and carrots grow..... or dare I say it parsnips ( more expensive by the mouthfull than soi 6 !)!!

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Isn't there some benefit to farming on ones land and not having to pay taxes? Saw an example of it in Jomtien Beach.

46 minutes ago, jacko said:

Isn't there some benefit to farming on ones land and not having to pay taxes? Saw an example of it in Jomtien Beach.

Don't know the tax system here, so can't say if that's the reason for the garden. Another possibility, as vegetable prices are now quite high due to the drought, someone may have decided to use the land to earn some money from a garden until they plant a building there.

20 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Y'know I have often wondered why the Thai owners of small plots of land don't rent them out to Farang condo dwellers... To me it would be heaven to have a little place to sit outside, drink beer, talk shit and at the same time watching spuds and carrots grow..... or dare I say it parsnips ( more expensive by the mouthfull than soi 6 !)!!

Is it possible to grow parsnips in Thailand?  I would have thought it's too warm. I plant them in late summer, dont harvest until there has been a good frost. Not sure if there is logic behind it, but it's what my father did, so it's what I do. 

Just now, awesum4 said:

Is it possible to grow parsnips in Thailand?  I would have thought it's too warm. I plant them in late summer, dont harvest until there has been a good frost. Not sure if there is logic behind it, but it's what my father did, so it's what I do. 

I have to admit I have tried it a few times in Pattaya from seed and failed but your timing is right though...A good frost enhances the taste but isn't a requirement. But you get my point about allotments on unused plots of land near falang condos though ....(or even in the condo grounds) . What prompted me to try it was the price of parsnips in Villa Market a few years ago - Perhaps you would have to pay for security 24/7 to guard your crop if you were successful though !!!

20 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

What prompted me to try it was the price of parsnips in Villa Market a few years ago

How about Brussels Sprouts... the only place I see those is Villa and quite a price they are too? What can I say, they are my favourite veg, always bring back memories of my mum's Christmas dinner after getting back from the pub with my dad and brother! I should stop buying them... makes me sad!!!!

Posted (edited)
Just now, jacko said:

How about Brussels Sprouts... the only place I see those is Villa and quite a price they are too? What can I say, they are my favourite veg, always bring back memories of my mum's Christmas dinner after getting back from the pub with my dad and brother! I should stop buying them... makes me sad!!!!

Makro do 1kg for 90 baht (frozen of course) but didn't have any in last time I went in. Also Britishop had sprouts in last week and do free delivery over 1,000 baht ... but they didn't have any this week

My plan this year was to fly back to visit my family and at the same time pick up some seeds that I thought might grow ....May be next year!!

Edited by Bullfrog

4 hours ago, jacko said:

Actually, maybe 15-16 years ago, Hilly asked me to bring him some fresh Brussels Sprouts from the US and I did.

4 hours ago, jacko said:

How about Brussels Sprouts... the only place I see those is Villa and quite a price they are too? What can I say, they are my favourite veg.,,,,,,,,,,

Masochist!